CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"I once suggested it to George as the only way we could top Vader being my father. I envisioned her as a double-agent working clandestinely for the Rebels. SPOILER ALERT: He didn't like my idea.

Then there was the time I pitched Boba Fett as Luke's mother. I have always been more than willing to generously share my many, many terrible ideas in the off-chance we might stumble across one that could actually be useful. At the time, I didn't even know Leia was my sister."

Why actors shouldn't write their stories, everybody.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to the internet being incredibly mad at George Lucas for not following Mark Hamill's ideas and organizing large scale boycotts for these incredibly disrespectful, original movies.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
"Hamill had issues with The Last Jedi! So that movie sucks! That's that on that!"

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is someone liked the idea enough to use it for Cade Skywalker, lol.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Morrigan_Corde

(and it works better than you think)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Ruin Johnson didn't incorporate Mark's ideas into TLJ

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That's genius! Luke's mom being a Mandalorian bounty hunter to pay her son's child support would've been the biggest twist in the series

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like Mark Hamill quite a bit. He seems like a great guy in interviews. With that said, this is a terrible idea and makes me a bit less concerned with his worries regarding Luke's arc in 7-9.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
It's not really the dumb ideas I dislike, but the dumb execution of them.

It would take a lot of effort to pull those off. But hey, remember when we were sold podracing?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is one of those stealth "Mark Hamill doesn't know what he's talking about therefore we should ignore his opinion" threads?

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why writers shouldn't write their stories

Evertime I watch clips from the second trilogy with Lucas basically given a machine gun to do what he wants uninterrupted... are star wars fans constantly thanking God so many people stepped in and guided Lucas on the first trilogy for them to come out so GREAT? Cause i would be if I liked star wars more than i do...

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Would had made Bobba Fett cooler, honestly.

And it wouldn't even be the worst written thing in the series.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are star wars fans constantly thanking God so many people stepped in and guided Lucas on the first trilogy for them to come out so GREAT?

They were up until the sequel trilogy came out and 20something fans who grew up on the prequels started unironically snorting prequel memes like cocaine and decided that the prequels were good actually and Lucas is a writing god.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Luke and Leia being twins is now ingrained in SW mythos, but in the context of ROTJ and the original trilogy, it's really, really stupid.

I literally made a whole thread about it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...a-being-siblings-in-return-of-the-jedi.61796/
I mean this is easily more stupid but the Luke/Leia thing was pretty contrived.
Leia being Luke's sister is pretty silly. Before the sequels, the only way it really serves the plot is to get Luke out of the love triangle

I'm not caught up on RedLetterMedia, but I thought people generally liked podracing?
It's too convenient and is pretty lazy (and weird with the sexual aspect of it), but it's improved by the fact that "there is another" apparently (at least so far) refers to Leia and that Leia used the force in ESB in order to find, communicate with and rescue Luke. So it's not like it just absolutely came out of nowhere. Luke communicates with his dad in the same way he communicates with his sister. As far as I can remember (in the main films), the only (both living) people who are able to communicate directly through the force are Luke/Anakin/Leia (family). Snoke set up the communications between Rey and Kylo.

All that being said, this actually makes some kind of sense whereas what is in the OP is magnitudes worse in every way imaginable.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

Leia being Luke's sister is pretty silly. Before the sequels, the only way it really serves the plot is to get Luke out of the love triangle

It's not really the dumb ideas I dislike, but the dumb execution of them.

It would take a lot of effort to pull those off. But hey, remember when we were sold podracing?

I'm not caught up on RedLetterMedia, but I thought people generally liked podracing?