• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should I do it?

• Do it

Votes: 155 15.5%
  • Don't do it

Votes: 778 77.6%
  • Convince him to leave his wife then do it

Votes: 148 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's a pretty incomprehensible ban.
Especially in a light hearted, jokey, rejected r/AmItheAsshole thread.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
You should not only refuse, but also tell the wife what her husband is doing, you will save her from a lot of suffering if she doesn't know.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly kinda lost on what exactly the post was even supposed to be saying that triggered a ban

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure "post reverted" means they reverted it to what they banned it for. Not from it.

I can understand being confused by that though because it doesn't make any sense.

Deleted member 59

Is it GAF or Era that has the "this is not personal blog" rule. OP just seems to like to make threads like this regularly bragging about his conquests/potential conquests.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Not that any post here is ban worthy but of all of them, blamespaces comment somehow is this eggregious serial offender?

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Blame was banned and why its ok for the op to keep humble bragging posting about homewrecking. It's gross.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Pretty sure "post reverted" means they reverted it to what they banned it for. Not from it.

I can understand being confused by that though because it doesn't make any sense.

So wait, blamespace wrote a post in jest in a thread where tons of people are trolling.

Looks at their post and be like "Yeah that might get me banned, I should edit it".

And got banned while the post was edited, but because of the previous post ... so mods reverted the post so that it wouldn't look bad to ban them for no reason?

I don't understand the order of events here, either way you look at it makes no sense.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously messed up ;__; Would at least be helpful if we could see what the post was.

That's the original i think. What i read yesterday was an edit that was like "edit, don't want to catch a perma ban" or something. Then it was reverted to what's there currently.

I think that's the case at least.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why Blame was banned and why its ok for the op to keep humble bragging posting about homewrecking. It's gross.

It is pretty nonsensical. Tbh the wrong person was banned, this place shouldn't be an open diary for people to brag about their morally unsound bullshit. Like to come to the point of posting to a forum about it, it's incredibly easy to not engage and find someone else without a partner.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty nonsensical. Tbh the wrong person was banned, this place shouldn't be an open diary for people to brag about their morally unsound bullshit. Like to come to the point of posting to a forum about it, it's incredibly easy to not engage and find someone else without a partner.

Multiple times is what gets me. Posting about it multiple times.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
The whole rationalization that they're going to cheat anyway so may as well get some dick is so shitty. So don't fucking contribute to it. You're not morally removed from the situation just because it was going to happen with someone else. You can't kill a person and pretend you have no blame just because some other guy was going to do it eventually.

Also, op, stop with the fuck diary. You're a gay dude who gets laid, big whoop. Like talking about how great the oxygen you get is.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
That's the original i think. What i read yesterday was an edit that was like "edit, don't want to catch a perma ban" or something. Then it was reverted to what's there currently.

I think that's the case at least.

If you can't edit your posts to fix them to try and avoid a ban is the only way to avoid a ban to not post at all? He realised what he said was wrong and he edited it to fix it if this is the case, he did the right thing.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
OP if you want to help someone cheat then it's your life, but you're potentially screwing someone else's life over just so you can get yours. If sex with some random is worth doing that to you then go for it, but it speaks lengths about your character and morals to even consider it let alone do it. And considering you seem to get off on the attention, hence these kind of threads, no offence mate but you come across like a real sad case.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
Take it from me, don't be a part of this. My wife cheated on me and it traumatized me. It traumatizes all betrayed spouses. I've had to endure tons of therapy and groups to work through the trauma. There are so many layers and…

Look, don't do it. You will be part of the reason someone else gets traumatized. When she finds out, and she will, she will feel like her soul has been set on fire. It is absolutely harrowing.

Please don't.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This thread has clearly been derailed; Move along people.
blame space has a a very long history of trolling, this ban does not stand in isolation. That is all I am going to say on the matter.
Have a great week!
The thread will remain locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.