Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
im sure this was prescheduled because the idea of a bunch of people signing off on this is not good.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Could be prescheduled. Isn't their Avengers event soon?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Bad timing but an innocent tweet. ERA's hate boner for this game is strange. I mean I hate it too but I want to know why we hate it

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
This game has been a non-stop downward rollercoaster ride of mediocrity and misjudgment from the E3 reveal onwards. Crikey

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I can see why they probably thought it was okay despite what was going on, since it's Captain America and he's a good guy and all, but yes, bad timing.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Bad timing but an innocent tweet. ERA's hate boner for this game is strange. I mean I hate it too but I want to know why we hate it

Putting the reason for this thread aside I think it's because it has a service angle and people here are generally against that (not everyone obviously, but many). I think people would be talking about it differently would it be an fully SP game ala Spider-Man honestly.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I hate it too but I want to know why we hate it
42123.jpg

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Wait wait....is it bad because its acting as if people defacing statues don't have respect for law enforcement which very much is whats happening now?

Mind you I 100% hope every statue celebrating racists is torn down but just wanna make sure I understand why this is offensive

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Not honestly seeing the problem. AIM drones are hardly as bad as the police too. Defacing and taking down confederate soldiers/general monuments (good) is equivalent or analogous to captain America statue defacing (extremely neutral)?

I'm not really seeing the connect and it really reeks of trying to tear a game people don't like the art style of. Honestly weird.

More of a reach than Mr fantastic imo

Edit: well they deleted it so there must be something yall see that I don't in that connection. Didn't really understand but maybe my understanding of nuance is wrong.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i guess the problem is not about if captain america deserves a statue or not

and more to do with people believing that the stautes that have been thrown down around the world deserved to be there or something like that

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
damn. That is rough. How does their social media person not know they scheduled that and just remove it? I don't get it...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not malicious but pretty tone deaf for PR to let that through with everything that is going on. Like you are just begging for the comparisons to be made even if you meant nothing by it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah I don't think it's great to celebrate a man who relies on violence to solve conflicts. I'd rather put up statues for calm educators and debaters who use facts and logic.
cap-punches-hitler-color.jpg

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait....is it bad because its acting as if people defacing statues don't have respect for law enforcement which very much is whats happening now?

Mind you I 100% hope every statue celebrating racists is torn down but just wanna make sure I understand why this is offensive

I think you can see it as "look at these fine statues, it's a shame people want to deface them and tear them down, so much so that we have automated drones that keep watch."

Obviously the context is different and not intended as commentary on recent events. But even unintended parallels like "Captain America is a figure of justice whose statue must be protected from assholes" compared to actual people tearing down actual statues because the people they represent are problematic people who perpetuated systems of oppression is, well...