Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I beat the campaign. To add insult to injury the end credits had very unstable framerate.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
God damn so after lowering and tinkering with so many settings across my 30 hours so far, I thought I had a good mix of settings to keep it around 1440p60fps but no matter what, certain areas would tank my framerate. In the snowy area for instance, literally doing NOTHING but running in a circle would tank my locked 60 to like 40s. Instantly. No enemies around, no action. Just going from stand still to moving would cause that. If I stayed still, but moved the camera in a circle, no FPS drop. I start running in snow, tanks fps. Hectic combat too with a lot going on would get stutter.

Finally tonight I decided to tinker more, I lowered every setting to the lowest. Went to the snowy area where I had could easily recreate the tanking of frames with my running animation issue. Then I started to turn every graphical setting up one by one and testing to see if the framerate would tank. And boom I narrowed down 100% of my framerate issues to ONE setting: VFX Quality.

I was literally able to turn every setting to max (except I didn't bother with the Intel ones), even settings I had previously turned off completely and get NO stutter anymore. The game is basically locked at 60 now for me. The running in snow tanking framerate issue and combat stutters is caused by the VFX setting! At least for me, but try for yourselves.

I can now turn everything to max, put the particle effect setting to lowest, and my game is locked at 60 now. Even in crazy combat situations now it's not an issue. Smooth 60 no drops.

That setting mostly just effects the resolution and amount of particle effects too so it's not that big of a deal in motion it's not that noticeable. On low, some far distant particle effects or lighting effects like the glow from a billboard will look blurrier or pixelated but it's a small trade off to be able to turn everything else on ultra and have a locked 60fps. On medium the distant particle effects are back to being sharper but then you notice a tad bit of framerate dips in combat. Anything higher and the big issues come back again. I think the issue with the running in snow is because the game renders snow particle effects when you run, and it's either bugged or the game needlessly uses waaay too high a resolution and/or amount of particle effects for certain things and it just KILLS framerate.

After I figured this out, my experience was basically perfect every mission and felt sooo much smoother and looked better because I was able to jack up all the other settings. Win/win.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
God damn so after lowering and tinkering with so many settings across my 30 hours so far, I thought I had a good mix of settings to keep it around 1440p60fps but no matter what, certain areas would tank my framerate. In the snowy area for instance, literally doing NOTHING but running in a circle would tank my locked 60 to like 40s. Instantly. No enemies around, no action. Just going from stand still to moving would cause that. If I stayed still, but moved the camera in a circle, no FPS drop. I start running in snow, tanks fps. Hectic combat too with a lot going on would get stutter.

Finally tonight I decided to tinker more, I lowered every setting to the lowest. Went to the snowy area where I had could easily recreate the tanking of frames with my running animation issue. Then I started to turn every graphical setting up one by one and testing to see if the framerate would tank. And boom I narrowed down 100% of my framerate issues to ONE setting: particle effects quality.

I was literally able to turn every setting to max (except I didn't bother with the Intel ones), even settings I had previously turned off completely and get NO stutter anymore. The game is basically locked at 60 now for me. The running in snow tanking framerate issue and combat stutters is caused by the particle effect setting! At least for me, but try for yourselves.

I can now turn everything to max, put the particle effect setting to lowest, and my game is locked at 60 now. Even in crazy combat situations now it's not an issue. Smooth 60 no drops.

That setting mostly just effects the resolution and amount of particle effects too so it's not that big of a deal in motion it's not that noticeable. On low, some far distant particle effects or lighting effects like the glow from a billboard will look blurrier or pixelated but it's a small trade off to be able to turn everything else on ultra and have a locked 60fps. On medium the distant particle effects are back to being sharper but then you notice a tad bit of framerate dips in combat. Anything higher and the big issues come back again. I think the issue with the running in snow is because the game renders snow particle effects when you run, and it's either bugged or the game needlessly uses waaay too high a resolution and/or amount of particle effects for certain things and it just KILLS framerate.

After I figured this out, my experience was basically perfect every mission and felt sooo much smoother and looked better because I was able to jack up all the other settings. Win/win.
When you say "particle effects quality" do you mean the "VFX quality" setting in the launcher?
Cause there is no seperate "particle effects" setting

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA

Finally tonight I decided to tinker more, I lowered every setting to the lowest. Went to the snowy area where I had could easily recreate the tanking of frames with my running animation issue. Then I started to turn every graphical setting up one by one and testing to see if the framerate would tank. And boom I narrowed down 100% of my framerate issues to ONE setting: VFX Quality.

I was literally able to turn every setting to max (except I didn't bother with the Intel ones), even settings I had previously turned off completely and get NO stutter anymore. The game is basically locked at 60 now for me. The running in snow tanking framerate issue and combat stutters is caused by the VFX setting! At least for me, but try for yourselves.

this is working for me so far!

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My issue right now is that the game is crashing during missions... and it happens a lot since the last patch.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
So I was kind of scoffing at what everyone was reporting in here. I stopped my PS4 campaign midway because the framerate was bugging me and I was having trouble aiming with Iron Man, and started up a campaign on PC. At first the performance was good (3600x/2700) 60ish-80ish frames depending on where I was (high settings across the board, 4x AA), rare drops in the 50s. Got to the first big missions with lots of enemies and outdoors and it is an absolute clustertruck of insanity. Frames dropping as low as the high teens in random fights, jumping up to the 70s, down to the 30s, stopping, starting. I had to remove my Ryzen Master profile for my RAM to get it to stop crashing in the carrier (never crashed on any other game), etc.

I see what you guys are talking about. This is kind of a mess. It still mostly beats playing at 30fps, but I quickly get tired of wildly variable framerates!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I was kind of scoffing at what everyone was reporting in here. I stopped my PS4 campaign midway because the framerate was bugging me and I was having trouble aiming with Iron Man, and started up a campaign on PC. At first the performance was good (3600x/2700) 60ish-80ish frames depending on where I was (high settings across the board, 4x AA), rare drops in the 50s. Got to the first big missions with lots of enemies and outdoors and it is an absolute clustertruck of insanity. Frames dropping as low as the high teens in random fights, jumping up to the 70s, down to the 30s, stopping, starting. I had to remove my Ryzen Master profile for my RAM to get it to stop crashing in the carrier (never crashed on any other game), etc.

I see what you guys are talking about. This is kind of a mess. It still mostly beats playing at 30fps, but I quickly get tired of wildly variable framerates!
Try this: After you are in the game, open task manager, select the Marvel Avengers process and under priority you turn off "core 0".
This has fixed massive FPS drops for two of my friends who have super high end CPUs

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
aka Bueno your setting advice has been great so far. But i still crash time to time, no frame drops at all just........Crash randomly. Hardest Boss in the game.

FWIW, I had one crash (last boss fight) in this game and I just turned down my overclock a tad and havent crashed since. Never had any instability with my OC in any other game but this one didnt like it I guess. Maybe try the same if you have an OC? If not, I wish you luck!

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
FWIW, I had one crash (last boss fight) in this game and I just turned down my overclock a tad and havent crashed since. Never had any instability with my OC in any other game but this one didnt like it I guess. Maybe try the same if you have an OC? If not, I wish you luck!
yeah im not OC'd at all on my 2080S. Weird thing was when it crashed it killed my steam client too (Steam Overlay is off also).

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed for a good patch. This game would be fun if it didn't CTD every other mission.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed for a good patch. This game would be fun if it didn't CTD every other mission.
Yeah... I really want to play right now but with the constant crash and lack of mid-mission saves (which makes sense for a multiplayer game even tho I only play it solo).. It's pretty much unplayable right now

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... I really want to play right now but with the constant crash and lack of mid-mission saves (which makes sense for a multiplayer game even tho I only play it solo).. It's pretty much unplayable right now
Agreed. I am glad it at least saves your character progress even if you crash mid mission. I wouldn't be playing otherwise.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Big patch today and updated geforce drivers yesterday. Decided to fire it up and give it a shot. Tried the snowy tundra vault and crashed to desktop after grabbing one chest. What a mess. Anyone else having better luck?

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
All of a sudden this crashes to desktop once I click start. I haven't done anything different since then.

EDIT: Corrupted save, thankfully it was only one of the files and deleting it and restoring its backup fixed it and there was nothing lost.

Last edited:

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Performance seemed fine to me until hitting the first 'open area' mission in the Tundra. Crashed 3 times there, and the first time was literally a minute from the end of the mission as I later found out. For reference I'm on a GTX 1070 with the latest drivers. Playing at 1080p with settings kind of a mix of things based on what Geforce Experience recommended.

Wound up bumping down the VFX quality to low to see if that would make a difference, and I was able to clear the mission after that without a crash. Whether that made a difference or was just a fluke I'm not quite sure yet.

I'll stick with it for now. If I end up getting more random crashes then I'll probably shelf this for now and wait for some more patches. Shame since I've really enjoyed what I've played of the campaign so far, but random crashes certainly to a great job of turning a fun experience into a frustrating one.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017

Just tested it out for kicks and giggles, it's amazing. Solves any performance issues while looking way better. This was one of the blurriest games ever thanks to it's TSAA implementation, but with DLSS is looks so much clearer and sharper while still eliminating aliasing.

Looks better, runs much better with DLSS even with bumping up the settings (I went with DLSS Quality preset, didn't bother with the Performance preset). Another win/win for DLSS2

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Just tested it out for kicks and giggles, it's amazing. Solves any performance issues while looking way better. This was one of the blurriest games ever thanks to it's TSAA implementation, but with DLSS is looks so much clearer and sharper while still eliminating aliasing.

Looks better, runs much better with DLSS even with bumping up the settings (I went with DLSS Quality preset, didn't bother with the Performance preset). Another win/win for DLSS2
Whoa, that's pretty awesome. When I get a RTX 3000 series card I need to try DLSS for this game.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017

Awesome. I've been using 1440P upscaled to 4K with sharpening (to avoid the worst drops). Never thought we'd get a DLSS update, but I'm super excited to try it out

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
I concur, its night and day better with DLSS added. Still Matchmaking doesnt seem to queue me with folks but thats another issue entirely. Im just happy this game now performs well.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
I need a GPU my 1070 is crying because She does not have the DLSS Love :))
Seriously. The DLSS feels like black magic. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. "Ok so I can increase the resolution, max out the settings, look significantly better, and still get better FPS than before... what's the catch"

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with RTX Gpu put some benchmark with DLSS?

There is no benchmark, but I uploaded some random gameplay for you.
https://youtu.be/86neoBgW554

The engine can still drop FPS during large explosions, but it stays above sixty now. There are some additional aliasing and temporal artifacts, but DLSS is doing an excellent job here as there are more details and it plays significantly better imo.

edit: Best to open in two separate windows and to switch from one to the other

DLSS 1440p
TAA 1440p

Everything is a bit more detailed; the fence is sharper with clearer outlines, the asphalt below Iron Man has more details, shutters in the windows are better, art structure in the background appears to be differently lit, even some lights are different...
The tech is adding details that are not present at the original resolution?

edit 2:

dlssp3kqy.jpg

Last edited:

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
There is no benchmark, but I uploaded some random gameplay for you.
https://youtu.be/86neoBgW554

The engine can still drop FPS during large explosions, but it stays above sixty now. There are some additional aliasing and temporal artifacts, but DLSS is doing an excellent job here as there are more details and it plays significantly better imo.

edit: Best to open in two separate windows and to switch from one to the other

DLSS 1440p
TAA 1440p

Everything is a bit more detailed; the fence is sharper with clearer outlines, the asphalt below Iron Man has more details, shutters in the windows are better, art structure in the background appears to be differently lit, even some lights are different...
The tech is adding details that are not present at the original resolution?
Thanks, really DLSS 2.0 is a change in the games that is supported, as if the huge performance gains were not enough, it still manages to give better image quality as these pics show, it is amazing, when Cyberpunk outs with DLSS that people who can take advantage of this technology will be very happy.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Thanks, really DLSS 2.0 is a change in the games that is supported, as if the huge performance gains were not enough, it still manages to give better image quality as these pics show, it is amazing, when Cyberpunk outs with DLSS that people who can take advantage of this technology will be very happy.
Cannot wait to use it in Cyberpunk and Watch dogs, RT is going to be extremely expensive so it's a necessity

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
is it safe to have/play this game now?

I've had it on a secondary rig cause of some of the horror stories in here lol

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it after this most recent patch. Now it at least holds a decent frame rate. I'm running a ruWm 5, 1650, 16gb ram.