• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
efc1c90c-5fbe-4b0e-8w1k07.jpeg

OpenCritic - 71 (65 Reviews)
Metacritic - 70 (32 Reviews)

Gamerheadquaters - 9/10
gamerheadquarters.com

Marvel's Avengers Review

Marvel's Avengers Review of this multiplayer focused experience that follows a series of events that lead towards the fall, and then eventual rise of the Avengers on Xbox One - Gamerheadquarters

GotGame - 9/10
gotgame.com

Review | Marvel's Avengers - GotGame

Crystal Dynamics defies the odds with Marvel's Avengers, bringing forth a mighty super hero game for the ages. Here's GotGame's review.

Hobby Consolas - 8.9/10
www.hobbyconsolas.com

Análisis Marvel´s Avengers El juego de los Vengadores para PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia, PS5 y Series X

Review con nota de Marvel´s Avengers, el juego de Los Vengadores desarrollado por Crystal Dynamics que ofrece campaña y modo multijugador cooperativo.

Game Informer - 8.8/10
www.gameinformer.com

Marvel's Avengers Review - Marvel's Avengers Review – A Powerful Superhero Experience - Game Informer

Crystal Dynamics delivers a fun brawler that hones in on each of the heroes' unique abilities.

XboxERA - 8.8/10
xboxera.com

Review | Marvel's Avengers

These Avengers are Worthy Marvel’s Avengers is a game that, in theory, is a slam dunk no-brainer, but after multiple tepid reveals expectations were low

Worth Playing - 8.5/10
worthplaying.com

PS4 Review - 'Marvel's Avengers'

Featuring a completely original story, Marvel's Avengers is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise.

Heavy - 8.5/10
heavy.com

Marvel’s Avengers Review

<em>Marvel's Avengers</em> provides an enjoyable campaign, an iconic cast of heroes to wield, and a deep upgrade structure that makes this game worth a look.

But Why Tho? - 8.5/10
butwhythopodcast.com

Marvel’s Avengers Xbox One Review - But Why Tho?

Marvel’s Avengers task players with bringing the iconic super team back together to save the world from the threat posed by AIM.

PlayStation Universe - 8.5/10
www.psu.com

Marvel's Avengers PS4 Review - PlayStation Universe

Marvel's Avengers came roaring out, surprising the community and upending the zeitgeist. Read our Marvel's Avengers PS4 review!

PSX Brazil - 8.4/10
psxbrasil.com.br

Marvel's Avengers - Review - PSX Brasil

De toda forma, é possível afirmar desde já que o sucesso estrondoso desses modelos induziu várias publishers a investir em ter o seu próprio battle royale ou

Areajugones - 8.3/10
areajugones.sport.es

Análisis Marvel's Avengers

La obra de Crystal Dinamics ya se encuentra a la venta y os contamos todos los detalles del juego tras un exhaustivo análisis y muchas horas de juego

The Games Machine - 8.3/10
www.thegamesmachine.it

– Recensione

Marvel's Avengers Recensione | Claudio Magistrelli ha provato per noi Marvel's Avengers, restandone piacevolmente sorpreso nonostante i difetti.

GamerCrate - 8.3/10

PC Invasion - 8/10
www.pcinvasion.com

Marvel's Avengers review -- We could be heroes

Marvel's Avengers is finally here and brings with it great graphics, an excellent campaign, and satisfying gameplay. Our review dives in.

IGN Spain - 8/10
es.ign.com

Análisis de Marvel's Avengers para PS4, Xbox One, Stadia y PC

Los héroes más poderosos de la Tierra.

Inverse - 8/10
www.inverse.com

'Marvel's Avengers' review: A better 'Destiny 2' with actual heroes

In a year where 'Black Widow' was delayed by months, 'Marvel's Avengers' is an addicting substitute that translates comic book frenzy into live-service multiplayer.

Skewed & Reviewed - 8/10
sknr.net

Despite Some Flaws; Marvel’s Avengers Is One Of The Best Super Hero Gaming Experiences Ever - Skewed 'n Reviewed

Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have combined to create one of the most enjoyable Super Hero games ever and one of the more enjoyable gaming experiences of 2020. In Marvel’s Avengers; players are introduced to Kamala Khan; a huge Avengers fan who is invited to be a Fan Fiction finalist and VIP...

Gamers Heroes - 8/10
www.gamersheroes.com

Marvel's Avengers Review - GamersHeroes

The future of Marvel's Avengers' ongoing success will be completely dependent on the quality and regularity of content. However, as a game available today, it's a solid entry into the loot and shoot RPG space.

Shacknews - 8/10
www.shacknews.com

Marvel's Avengers review: Excelsior!

Marvel's Avengers combines the iconic heroes with one of gaming's hottest genres. Our Review.

MonsterVine - 4/5
monstervine.com

Marvel's Avengers Review - Mighty Indeed - MonsterVine

Outside of some out of place games-as-a-service features, Marvel’s Avengers is a strong action game that tells a fantastic story ...

We Got This Covered - 4/5
wegotthiscovered.com

Review: Marvel's Avengers Is A Triumph Of A Superhero Game

Marvel's Avengers is a triumph of a superhero team-up game, with tight gameplay, tons to do and collect, and the promise of more to come in the future.

Just Push Start - 3.9/5
www.justpushstart.com

Marvel's Avengers Review

Ever since 2008, the MCU exploded onto movie screens with the debut of the first and excellent Iron Man film. After the success of Iron Man, the Avengers characters ...

JeuxActu - 7.5/10
www.jeuxactu.com

Test Marvel’s Avengers : rassemblés, oui, mais pas bien organisés

Test Marvel's Avengers Après des années et des années d'attente, les Vengeurs obtiennent enfin un jeu vidéo digne de ce nom grâce à Marvel's Avengers, développé par Crystal Dynamics. Un jeu service vraiment partinent ?

Vgames - 7.5/10
www.vgames.co.il

: Marvel's Avengers -

- ! ?

SpazioGames - 7.4/10
www.spaziogames.it

Marvel's Avengers | Video Recensione - Uniti si vince?

Marvel's Avengers offre una campagna in singolo e una modalità multiplayer da game as service che si svilupperà in futuro con nuovi contenuti. Scopriamo il gioco più ambizioso di Crystal Dynamics nella nostra recensione.

Gamersky - 7.3/10

《漫威复仇者联盟》评测7.3分 越嚼越淡的口香糖 _ 游民星空 GamerSky.com

《漫威复仇者联盟》就像是一块口香糖,刚开始甜蜜清新,然后越嚼越淡,直到食之无味。

VideoGamer - 7/10
www.videogamer.com

Marvel’s Avengers review

Noble AIM

Checkpoint gaming - 7/10
checkpointgaming.net

Marvel's Avengers Review - Some assembly required

The anticipated (for better or worse) superhero game Marvel's Avengers is now in our hands. Just how does the action game fare?

Trusted Reviews - 7/10
www.trustedreviews.com

Marvel's Avengers

Marvel’s Avengers has proven to be a pleasant surprise, even if its live service identity arguably hinders the true potential of its world, story and characters.

Pure Xbox - 7/10

PCGamesN - 7/10
www.pcgamesn.com

Marvel’s Avengers review – on the verge of greatness

Long-term support is an open question - and there are tech issues that need addressing now - but this is a terrific foundation

Xbox Achievements - 7/10
www.xboxachievements.com

Marvel's Avengers Review | XboxAchievements.com

Marvel's Avengers Review

TheGamer - 7/10
www.thegamer.com

Marvel's Avengers Review: Further Assembly Required

Avengers suffers by trying to be everything for everyone instead of delivering an experience that feels purposeful and complete, yet shows promise.

Cogconnected - 7/10
cogconnected.com

Marvel's Avengers Review - Earth's Most Adequate Heroes

Marvel's Avengers has finally assembled! Whether you're a casual fan or a hardcore hero stan, you'll want to find out what this game's all about.

Gamer.no - 7/10
www.gamer.no

Anmeldelse: Marvel's Avengers

Marvel's Avengers' kunne vært enda bedre hvis det var utelukkende enspillerfokusert.

Eurogamer Italy - 7/10
www.eurogamer.it

Marvel's Avengers - recensione

Abbiamo recensito Marvel's Avengers, l'attesissimo action-RPG di Crystal Dynamics e Square Enix dedicati agli Eroi più Potenti della Terra che coniuga una buona

RPG Site - 7/10

Marvel's Avengers Review | RPG Site

Earth's mightiest heroes... eventually.

TechRaptor - 7/10

Game Reviews | TechRaptor

Curious about whether the latest releases are worth your time, or just want to explore some neat new games? Check out our gaming reviews here!

GameZone - 7/10
www.gamezone.com

Review: Marvel's Avengers - GameZone

Marvel's Avengers delivers a charming campaign with rich characters but a half-baked online mode filled with pointless loot.

Hey Poor Player - 3.5/5
www.heypoorplayer.com

Marvel’s Avengers Review (PS4)

Avengers Assembled! Marvel fans, if you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to be your favorite superhero, you should buy Marvel’s Avengers. This has more-or-less fulfilled every dream I’ve had about what it would be

Hardcore Gamer - 3.5/5
hardcoregamer.com

Review: Marvel's Avengers - Hardcore Gamer

Marvel's Avengers clearly wants to be something great, but it can't answer what that something is.

PC Gamer - 6.9/10
www.pcgamer.com

Marvel's Avengers review

Marvel’s finest have never looked or sounded this good, but their best efforts feel in vain.

JeuxVideo - 6.5/10
www.jeuxvideo.com

Test du jeu Marvel's Avengers

En tant que développeurs, Crystal Dynamics n'a plus grand chose à prouver. Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver, un reboot très actuel de la franchise Tomb Raider, c'est un fait, les Californiens maîtrisent leur art. C'était donc avec impatience que nous attendions de voir ce qu'allait donner leur...

Cultured Vultures - 6.5/10
culturedvultures.com

Marvel's Avengers Just Isn't Ready For the Big Time Yet

Marvel's Avengers is held up by an excellent single-player campaign and let down by its stagnant gameplay loop and widespread technical issues.

Mirror - 6/10
www.mirror.co.uk

Marvel's Avengers is a mighty superhero brawler mired by a cynical grind

Some assembly required, as a decent solo campaign is undermined with a needless and dull hunt for loot and costumes

Push Square - 6/10

Game Revolution - 6/10
www.gamerevolution.com

Marvel's Avengers Review | 'An identity crisis of a game'

Marvel's Avengers review for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, and published by Square Enix. Released in 2020.

Millenium - 6/10
www.millenium.org

Test de Marvel's Avengers sur PS4 : Pour un jeu service de plus

Retrouvez notre avis complet sur la version finale de Marvel Avengers, disponible sur PC, PS4 et Xbox One le 4 septembre prochain.

GameMAG - 6/10
gamemag.ru

Мстители в красивом осеннем блокбастере без откровений: Обзор Marvel's Avengers

Мстители в красивом осеннем блокбастере без откровений

Destructoid - 6/10
www.destructoid.com

Review: Marvel's Avengers

That’s my secret Cap: I’m always patching After some time with the live version of Marvel’s Avengers, I realized that...

Screen Rant - 6/10
screenrant.com

Marvel's Avengers Review

Square Enix delivers a great Avengers campaign.

Gadgets360 - 6/10
gadgets.ndtv.com

Review: Marvel’s Avengers Forgets That Sometimes, Less Is More

An enjoyable tale drowned by the cacophony of combat, unmemorable villains, and boxes. Yes, boxes.

GameWatcher - 6/10
www.gamewatcher.com

Marvel's Avengers PC Review | GameWatcher

A superhero game where heroes are quite fragile, Marvel’s Avengers is constantly in doubt of where it wants to go and...

Kakuchopurei - 5/10
kakuchopurei.com

There’s Some Story Love In Square Enix’s Avengers Game, But Little Else | KAKUCHOPUREI.COM

Platform(s): PS4, PC, Xbox OneGenre: Square Enix and Marvel-branded loot-based online action game I'm not sure what the allure is with games like Destiny. Because of that 2014 online shooter filled with power levels, loot, and "live services" jargon crafted up by the Activision marketing folks...

Gamingbolt - 5/10

Gamekult - 5/10
www.gamekult.com

Test : Marvel's Avengers, l'étoffe des zéros

De jeu-service à jeu-sévices

VGC - 4/10
www.videogameschronicle.com

Review: Marvel’s Avengers forces the world’s mightiest heroes on a tedious grind

Square Enix’s superhero blockbuster feels like it cares more about economy than its experience…

The Digital Fix - 4/10

Stevivor - 3/10
stevivor.com

Avengers Review: A single-player game ruined by GaaS elements

Avengers is out now in early access, and Stevivor will continually update this review in progress as we work through each section of the game. 2 September 2

ACG - impressions
youtu.be

Marvel Avengers Review - Averagers The Game "Buy, Wait for Sale, Never Touch?"

*WTF Is Going ON With Next Gen Game Coverage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0fC-piPqfY HANDS ON WITH PS5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9IznygqD0 Marvel...

Unranked Podcast
youtu.be

Marvel's Avengers Campaign Review: A Worthy Superhero Story

The campaign in Marvel's Avengers is very good, but fans looking to solely experience it may be put off by the multiplayer elements that have wormed their wa...

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I predict around a 7/10 average or so with the consensus being "It's pretty fun but grindy and a bit shallow". Still not sure if I'll ever pick this up. Maybe later down the line after a price drop when I'm in the mood to just bunch some stuff.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not rated/Unscored - ACG

Edit: Not Rated/Unscored. Open Critic initially listed it as Wait for Sale but that is incorrect. It is a review/impression.

Last edited:

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
so seems like the prediction thread , majority of votes were on the right track?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hmmmmm
I wonder why people in the main thread are so hyped on it. There's a lot of great word of mouth. Maybe it's just incredibly low expectations.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
If anything I'll wait for deep discounts, issues ironed out and next gen versions. But all those are big ifs after the time I had with the beta. And tbh by then they'll be other things I'll want to play.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Based of my time with the campaign so far, if I had to put a score on it I would go with like an 8.5.

Wonder where this will land in the end.

Hmmmmm
I wonder why people in the main thread are so hyped on it. There's a lot of great word of mouth. Maybe it's just incredibly low expectations.

It's a good game with beloved characters and a more meaty campaign than people probably expected.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should be a decent romp through single player. Multiplayer gaas looks to be a joyless grind.

Won't get it for myself until it hits about $30, but I need it also as an Xmas gift. This game will be so popular that it might not drop below $50.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
It suck to be right since the very first trailer. It still look like it could be fun, i'll probably get this on sales in a year.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll probably be seeing reviews slowly being dripfed over the next couple weeks. It's a GaaS and apparently massive.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Hmmmmm

Nah, It has to do with the story and characters being just incredible. (Kamala/Ms. Marvel being the highlight for many) I'm enjoying it a lot more than Spider-Man PS4.

Jul 20, 2020
I made 100$ betting it will fall between 7-7.9 against my friend who bet it will be between 8-9...thank you "just good enough" AAA games.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's gonna be the type of GAAS game that's pretty meh at launch and a must play 2-3 years down the road

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Enjoying it so far but starting to run into repeated layouts and such a lot and still playing the campaign. Don't think it will have staying power but I'll be back for dlc heroes story missions at least.

Kinda wish it dropped all the gear and power lvls and was just a co op drop in and out beat em up, lvling up for skills is fun though.

Also haven't gotten a single online match to work yet, kinda bad for a online game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nah, It has to do with the story and characters being just incredible. (Kamala/Ms. Marvel being the highlight for many) I'm enjoying it a lot more than Spider-Man PS4.
Are you enjoying it more than Spiderman ps4 due to the gameplay at all? Or just because the characters and story.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Seems a bit lower than I was expecting, though not by much. Wasn't planning on purchasing the game until some deep sales, however with the free copy from Verizon, I'll give it some play time this holiday weekend.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How long is the SP campaign? I will get this down on a sale, maybe even on PS5.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
This game seems prime for a lot of lazy assessments like "definition of a 7-8", "exactly what you think it is", "it's just one of those"

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Scoring this game is weird because it's like two different games at the same time. The story is apparently very good and getting a ton of praise, while the grindy content is pretty average.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to trying the campaign eventully but I think I'll wait until they add more stuff to the endgame. I was already tired of the same AIM base variety in the beta and the full game doesn't sound much better right now.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Are you enjoying it more than Spiderman ps4 due to the gameplay at all? Or just because the characters and story.

Both! The amount of different ways you can play with each character is fantastic and a nice change of pace whenever you want to switch things up. It's mind boggling how they got every character to feel good and unique but I guess all the money and time pumped into this certainly helps.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a boring game with ultra high production values to compensate. 7/10 tops

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I'm getting this on Steam for free through Verizon. I don't think it will be my main game, but I can see me playing through the campaign and then playing the missions for the new characters as they release. Looking forward to it, but I would have waited for a sale of around $20-$30 before buying.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty front-loaded. First couple hours of SP are pretty good then for me it felt completely apart. MP never really got going overall. Not bad just not at all good.
Just truly Averagers Uniting

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
That is a quite a spread on early reviews. The metracritic is around where everyone expected, but I think people were thinking it was going to be in the 7s with a much lower standard deviation. Huh.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
The campaign is great, but there are some forced multiplayer missions that really hurt the pacing and the story overall imo. Before anyone mentions it, yes I know you can play them with bots but they still feel like multiplayer missions, the quality just isn't there compared to the linear story missions.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Mid 70s is about what I expected
It'd have to be a true dumpster fire to get lower than that these days

GrayFoxBH

Nov 1, 2017
The level design is really bad overall. Every level yells "generic". Other than that, looks like a solid game.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I dont expect a GaaS game to launch with glowing reviews tbh, even if it ends up good over time

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I am liking it better than I had expected from the beta, though halfway in my early positivity has somewhat waned. The campaign is good, but the GaaS stuff feels unnesecairy. I don't really feel the loot rush either. I kind of shrug at every new piece of gear.

Wait, was the game under review embargo despite people already playing?
No embargo, but like every GaaS game review copies arrived on (early acces) launch.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

IMO

Gameplay is way better in Avengers. Combat is legit good and heroes feelt pretty varied.

Character/story: quality wise is pretty close, but Spiderman's edges it. Spiderman is also longer.

Level desig/structure: Spiderman wins easily, it's a more meaty game. Mind you, Avengers SP is more or less a proper SP game, not a tackled story mode in an online GaaS, but it's still a bit short and some maps do repeat. Spiderman is def more ambitious.

The level design is really bad overall. Every level yells "generic". Other than that, looks like a solid game.

The main missions aren't generic and bad at all, they're just like any other SP game mode, with lots of set pieces included. It's in the side missions where it kinda falls apart.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think the game will fall in the "good score" for GaaS games. Overall the experience always will be better abit later. And combine that with that it probably plays alot better and maybe even a option to locked 60fps on Series X, i will wait until that.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying it more than I thought with the beta. Only beef is a truly useless and inconsequential loot system, the game would be better off if it just wasn't there. That said, it's also not so bad that it offends me as I play, its just kind of this thing I look past as I enjoy the game.

After the beta I'd have given it a 6, but now I'm closer to 7.5-8. It's a really fun game.