Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Miles-Morales-Hellfire-Gala-2023-Marvel-Comics.jpg

This is such a dope outfit for Miles!

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Neoxon

You're in luck – we've brought Marvel's Hellfire Gala suits to the game for both Peter and Miles. Peter sports the design created by Russell Dauterman, and Miles gets his iconic look from Bernard Chang's gorgeous Hellfire Gala variant cover for Miles Morales: Spider-Man #8.

Oct 27, 2017
600mb patch, good, that should download pretty quick.
Yeah. I booted my PS5 and by the time i looked at the download to see how big it was it already completed.

I was worried it hadn't downloaded properly.

Edit: Wait, now I've launched the game it's prompted me for another update. This time it is 3.485GB to go to version 1.002.000 Very strange.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the buggiest Insomniac release in recent years, hopefully this brings it up to par

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Who else sees 3 suits to unlock for Peter but can't find any?

EDIT: Given that there are new color options for Peter's 3 Venom suits, I guess it's that. Probably a small visual bug, since I haven't started NG+ yet.

Last edited:

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Can anyone confirm if we can change the colors of Peter's webs? I don't want to be stuck with black webs just because I'm wearing the black suit.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Gah, I just started the game after the first update only to get hit with the second one. I knew 600mb was too small!

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
The combat and animations in this game are just perfect. Now give me a rogue like Spiderman mode Insomniac or atleast an arcade mode where you survive a wave of enemies for as much time as possible

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was already up to par on release barring a few glitches.
Having to reload checkpoints because enemies got stuck in level geometry and were now unreachable, reloading because mission objectives didn't show up, and rebooting because suddenly all the environmental sound disappeared after completing a mission, was all stuff I encountered multiple times in this game and never in one of the other insomniac releases

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I was really hoping for symbiote versions of the standard suits, as that would have helped with the story immersion, though I know that would take a lot of work.

I assume you're still forced into that awful endgame suit for Miles?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It was already up to par on release barring a few glitches.

The game wasn't broken or anything but it definitely buggier than most Insomniac releases and it was missing some features there were there in the other games on day one (like being able to change the time of day in the post-game).

I absolutely love the game but it's clear that they weren't able to polish it as much as they have been known for in the past, likely to avoid any sort of delay.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Man, the ability to switch time of day just from the menu with no loading is such a nice QoL change compared to the first game. I love how the game looks at night and in the rain during the day. Just wish there was a night time rain option too, but I don't think that was in the game at all. Great update, will start a NG+ run when releases slow down later in the year.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this was in a previous update but the Sandman crystals now show on your map rather than hunting each of them down visually.

If that is a NG+ thing that is a nice thing to speed up clearing the content again.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Finally wrapped everything up on my first playthrough last week. Looking forward to checking this out.

Jormatar

Banned
Sep 5, 2022
Damn I still need to go for that platinum one day but man ngl I was pretty lukewarm on Spidey 2. This NG+ doesn't seem to add too much interesting stuff to shake up the gameplay or rewards, so I guess I'm gonna skip this one for now.