• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I don't understand this. I thought NFTs were basically jpegs of something? Are these pictures of the covers? Or full digital issues? Can't you get those already normally?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I don't understand this. I thought NFTs were basically jpegs of something? Are these pictures of the covers? Or full digital issues? Can't you get those already normally?

These are fully readable cover to cover in a reader or in augmented reality, which is a pretty neat gimmick. I've picked up a few comics this way. It's kind of fun, and if they're worth something down the line, fantastic. If not, such is life.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
How do you sell multiple NFTs of something, doesn't that defeat the stupid original premise of owning it?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
NFT's feel like you've got four types of people.

1)Wealthy investors speculating and legit trying to play it like a market (as legit as you can be in this capitalist hellhole)
2)Tech bros with too much money in their hands
3)Money launders selling and buying these items back and forth to avoid the feds, probably sitting at home in their t-shirts surrounded by bales of packaged coke

You can't have a cert of authenticity...without an actual group to regulate and monitor said certificate. Who's going to deal with copyright etc...