• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
aiptcomics.com

New X-Men 2099 team introduced in ‘Spider-Man 2099: Exodus’ #5

'Spider-Man 2099: Exodus' #5 drops into comic shops on August 3rd.

Marvel Comics is currently celebrating the 30-year anniversary of its 2099 imprint with SPIDER-MAN 2099: EXODUS, a thrilling limited series that revolutionizes the far-future setting for a new age! Written by Steve Orlando, the saga kicks off when a Celestial falls to Earth, providing a glimmer of hope to the grim dystopian world that fan-favorite hero Spider-Man 2099, Miguel O'Hara, must protect at all costs. Following Spider-Man's mission, each issue of the series switches focus to a different team or character resulting in a thrilling journey that catches readers up to speed with the core elements of the 2099 mythos and introduces new heroes along the way such as 2099 versions of Black Widow, Loki, and Winter Soldier.
@Messi your thoughts?

SM2099EXODUS2022005_Variant_Lim_Connecting-scaled.jpg

SM2099EXODUS2022005_Variant_Lashley_Frame.jpg

Phoenix_2099_Design.jpg

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Punisher 2099 when I would get random issues in 1998 re-packs of comics....

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not 2099 if the characters aren't stupid looking.

These look too nice.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
how are mutants still a marginalized group requiring a super team in 2099? if anything the X-Men should be normal humans

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Should have just named that guy Feignaz.

I had a Bloodhawk action figure back in the day, that guy was pretty cool. Never read their comic though.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I was so excited to buy a new X-Men #1 at the time thinking this would last for years. What a stupid kid, those foil covers always got me.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
That Phoenix design is amazing, but her withstanding, I'm not a fan of taking a "modern" character and making them 2099-y. I loved how weird the original cast of X-Men 2099 looked.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
works as a 90s comic and a 90s fighting game

Nate Grey it seems
Exactly!

You'd rent this shit at Blockbuster for your Genesis because all the copies of Mortal Kombat were gone, and you wouldn't have any idea what you're doing but no sweat, your friend has a copy of Tips & Tricks on hand for the code to unlock Junkpile.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly!

You'd rent this shit at Blockbuster for your Genesis because all the copies of Mortal Kombat were gone, and you wouldn't have any idea what you're doing but no sweat, your friend has a copy of Tips & Tricks on hand for the code to unlock Junkpile.
The sweet joy of finally unlocking Halloween Jack.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodhawk stood out to me right away.

Only X-men 2099 I remember
I remember some of the names from the first comic (I got it/still have it somewhere in a box). I also remember I had the figures of Bloodhawk, Skullfire, and Brimstone Love. I remember Meanstreak, Xi'an, Krystal, and Serpentina (who died in the first issue, I think).

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Exactly!

The ads for this game are all comic book art and the three screen shots are super fucking grainy. You are pretty sure one of them is Xian punching Krystal but maybe not.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I forgot how fucking diverse that cast was though.

Give it some props. It was doing more diversity than most other books at the time.

Where did Ron Lim go, anyway?

I googled him after I made the comment earlier just to see if he was still alive and hadn't been canceled, but information is pretty sparse on his wiki page.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I know he did a few Marvel kid's books.

And now looking it up it seems like there's even more Marvel nostalgia because there's a Silver Surfer Rebirth book by Marz and Ron Lim that came out this year that is basically a flashback to their old run.

www.amazon.com

Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022)

Visit Amazon's Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022) Page and shop for all Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022) books. Check out pictures, author information, and reviews of Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022)

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I know he did a few Marvel kid's books.

And now looking it up it seems like there's even more Marvel nostalgia because there's a Silver Surfer Rebirth book by Marz and Ron Lim that came out this year that is basically a flashback to their old run.

www.amazon.com

Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022)

Visit Amazon's Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022) Page and shop for all Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022) books. Check out pictures, author information, and reviews of Silver Surfer Rebirth (2022)

Goddamn this manga addiction's got me away from big 2 comics for about three years now but I'd fuck with this hard. Marz and Lim are like essential pillars of cosmic marvel in the 90s/early 2000s.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Now we need Guardians rebirth with Valentino (which is the first thing I thought of when this thread mentioned a future Phoenix design).

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the 2099 version of Loki just be…Loki? He'd still be alive.
Original Alcemax, a evil Corp made the Asgardians a brand since the real ones have been MIA for decades. They generically engineered a few folks to have powers similar to the old ones. This might be the real Loki coming back.