• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that there has been an increase in the amount of MCU-related rumors flying around. I wonder if it's because people are becoming interested again or there's more movement in Marvel Studios and their future plans are getting solidified.

I suspect it's probably the latter. I think some of the people who said they're done are coming back just for Deadpool like they did GotG. If Cap 4 and Thunderbolts gets enough critical points then I think that's when the shift will happen voice wise online. But I'm worried we're going to just hear what we did with GotG from people after that was a success "oh that was just because" ect, ect.

I think Marvel Studios at this point has had a year to reflect and figure out what needs to be done. And now they're ready to execute their plans.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It seems that there has been an increase in the amount of MCU-related rumors flying around. I wonder if it's because people are becoming interested again or there's more movement in Marvel Studios and their future plans are getting solidified.

It's also because grifters gotta make their money and since the months long F4 rumormill debacle is over, it's time to move on to other stuff.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to know when the Blade rumor mill is going to start. We have to be close if they're sticking to November 2025 right?

Feb 16, 2022
It's also because grifters gotta make their money and since the months long F4 rumormill debacle is over, it's time to move on to other stuff.
DanielRPK somehow entered the rotations of scoopers getting spread around again no matter how ridiculous his lack of credibility is. People on the gaming side even now use him as a source!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Hemsworth wants to give us another Thor movie.

But he also thinks he owes the audience another Thor after what felt like a whiff with Thor: Love and Thunder.
Downey calls Hemsworth's work in Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame "a formidable hat trick." But then came Love and Thunder, for which Hemsworth still can't forgive himself. "I got caught up in the improv and the wackiness, and I became a parody of myself," he says. "I didn't stick the landing."
www.vanityfair.com

Chris Hemsworth on Fear, Love, ‘Furiosa’—And Naming a Son After a Brad Pitt Character

The actor best known as Thor moved back to Australia to be close to family and far from Hollywood: “The chatter in my head got so intense.”

Last edited:

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I am super down for another Thor movie with Love in tow and another director at the helm. I hope Marvel green lights it if they get a good script going.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
7lU9CvY.jpeg

SzVnWIe.jpeg

New high-res stills. I really do prefer Wolvie with the sleeves, only cause the lack of shoulder pads ruins the sleeveless look a bit.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I like the shoulder pads but why does someone with an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor even need pads? lol

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I like the shoulder pads but why does someone with an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor even need pads? lol

I mean that kind of thing has always had a simple explanation: His healing isn't instant and Wolverine can be killed/put out of commission permanently, so anything that would hurt him and put him out of commission for awhile, especially in combat, is seen as a disadvantage.

That contrasts him with Deadpool who constantly hurts himself in the middle of combat for no reason other than he's an idiot.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Started watching Madame Web last night. I fell asleep about two thirds of the way through (no fault of the movie), but I was enjoying it. Definitely picking up on the Final Destination vibes some of the reviews spoke about.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil 03 is live on US Disney+ for anyone who wants to watch before Deadpool and Wolverine.

For those wondering, it has been added to the Defenders section in the Marvel Hub.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Reynolds describes D&W as the ultimate Deadpool movie.
"Expect ultra-violence, f-bombs galore, and all kinds of meta madness."
Feige talking about Logan's ending:
"You had the greatest ending in history with Logan. That's not something we should undo."
And Hugh about his consideration to return:
"And as soon as I asked the question, I wanted to do Deadpool & Wolverine. I just knew it. I drove for another hour. Couldn't stop thinking about it. And I got out of the car, called Ryan [Reynolds], and said, 'Ryan, if you'll have me, I'm in.'"
www.empireonline.com

Hugh Jackman Teases ‘Sides Of Wolverine We Haven’t Seen Before’ In Deadpool & Wolverine – Exclusive

The actor tells Empire about playing a different incarnation of Logan in Deadpool's MCU debut.

EqkYGQi.jpeg

NfSoCys.jpeg

View: https://x.com/empiremagazine/status/1786048225717170646

View: https://x.com/deadpoolmovie/status/1786052224256557081?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

Last edited:

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Finished Madame Web. My least favorite of the SSU films but I'd still put in my top 10 Marvel movies of the past 16 years.

That scene with the truck carrying the logs before the diner had to be intentional, right? That and the sign . They knew what they were doing.

Edit: Turns out it was a coincidence. Still, I had a huge smile on my face during that scene.

PERRI NEMIROFF: I'm going to start with my biggest, burning question because you're talking to one of the world's biggest Final Destination fans, and the echoes of that in your movie made me so happy. I have to know, your truck with logs, is that a deliberate nod to Final Destination 2 or was it a coincidence?

S.J. CLARKSON: Oh my god, I want to say yes to you but no, it isn't! Oh my goodness, now I wished it was.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how they work in a Mole Man plot and (what appears to have been suggested by reading and certain characters) a Galactus plot.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah I agree. Need more white in there. His suit in FAWS was flawless.
I get that his first Cap suit would've been too CG-heavy to sustain the entire film (especially around the neck area), but there could've been a better compromise. Sure, that style of costume is a proven formula with Steve. But he usually has his helmet for a certain level of familiarity. Sam's equivalent is the head-open mask, & I wish some variant of that mask was kept around (also having more white at the torso).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Giancarlo Esposito confirms he's joining a Marvel movie, and it isn't as Professor X. Who knows if it'll be for the Sony-verse or MCU. It's an original character and the announcement should hit sooner than later.

After years of speculation, one Breaking Bad actor has officially confirmed he'll be making his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. During a panel on the Thunder Stage at CCXP, Giancarlo Esposito revealed that he will be appearing in a Marvel project, but not in the role many fans have laid out for him.

View: https://x.com/AgentsFandom/status/1786498562039140596

Last edited:

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
If I saw that picture without context, I'd say that's Dracula right there. Original character sounds cool though.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Marvel’s Kevin Feige Told Hugh Jackman Not To Come Back For ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’

Casting Hugh Jackman in the upcoming 'Deadpool & Wolverine' wasn't an easy decision.

"I said, 'Let me give you a piece of advice, Hugh. Don't come back'," Feige recalls in an interview with Empire. Feige said Jackman "had the greatest ending in history with Logan. That's not something we should undo."

In the same Empire piece, Jackman said he went on a long drive to clear his head and think about the project. "I drove for another hour. Couldn't stop thinking about it. And I got out of the car, called Ryan (Reynolds), and said, 'Ryan, if you'll have me, I'm in.'"

Deadpool & Wolverine is taking some liberties. While Jackman is back, this isn't the same Logan we know from the previous X-Men movies. The idea is to preserve Logan's goodbye.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Still so strange to me that Colossus gets the most attention in media (outside the comics) in Deadpool movies of all things. Would love X-Men 97 to get him to join the team next season as well...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like two might be a bit of an overcorrection, considering the already long gap between sequels.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
"This is still Wade dealing with certain issues, but it's very much two characters, two heroes, and two haunted men hoisted together in a shared journey," Levy adds.
"I'll say we didn't start off with a wishlist," Levy says of all these special appearances. "From the day we started devising this Deadpool and Wolverinestory, we let the story dictate the characters, not the other way around. Aaron and his return as Pyro was an outgrowth of that, and that applies to pretty much all the characters you'll see in the movie."
ew.com

'Deadpool and Wolverine' 'changed radically' once Hugh Jackman came aboard

'Deadpool and Wolverine' director Shawn Levy says the film "changed radically" once Hugh Jackman came aboard: "We had been workshopping a lot of ideas about possible stories for a third Deadpool movie...none of them imagined such a seismic shift."

H4CpbCc.png

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Two shows? Better be X-Men 97 for the next few years then ;) (I assume they mean MCU). Either way though, 97 is the best thing Marvel anything has done in a long time, in my opinion.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two shows? Better be X-Men 97 for the next few years then ;) (I assume they mean MCU). Either way though, 97 is the best thing Marvel anything has done in a long time, in my opinion.

I mean I love 97 but Guardians 3 and Loki S2 was just last year, though I definitely understand preferring X-Men to their recent output

As someone that had no real qualms about waiting for live action X-Men, I got super impatient two episodes in lol
and now I don't think their live action counterparts can realistically live up to 97's high bar but that's a different topic lol...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we don't end up doing with X-Men what we've done with Spider-Man. And a few other franchises tbh.

It's really ok for different takes, tones, and objectives on projects to exist.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like two might be a bit of an overcorrection, considering the already long gap between sequels.

I know quite a number of folks who want to go back to a movie and maybe a TV series every 2-3 years, ensure everything that comes out going forward is as big of an event as possible. This is still indulgent as hell on Marvel's part.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know quite a number of folks who want to go back to a movie and maybe a TV series every 2-3 years, ensure everything that comes out going forward is as big of an event as possible. This is still indulgent as hell on Marvel's part.

I'm glad they're not listening to those people

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I know quite a number of folks who want to go back to a movie and maybe a TV series every 2-3 years. This is still indulgent as hell on Marvel's part.

They want to go back to ONE movie a year?

That's absolutely absurd. Especially when people are already wondering why on earth Shang-Chi 2 is taking so long.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I love 97 but Guardians 3 and Loki S2 was just last year, though I definitely understand preferring X-Men to their recent output

As someone that had no real qualms about waiting for live action X-Men, I got super impatient two episodes in lol
and now I don't think their live action counterparts can realistically live up to 97's high bar but that's a different topic lol...

Honestly I put X-Men above Guardians (which was good no doubt, but Ive always had issues with Gunns writing of several of the cast). Not watched Loki because Im worn out on Marvel (TV) stuff but I hear that's good so will circle back round to it one day. Im just waiting for the MCU to sorta kick up a notch and make me care about upcoming projects again. Tbolts feels like its gonna be something I actively dislike going by most of the characters picked, Deadpool should be great but the other Pool characters are ones I detest so that sorta hurts it, Cap... well we'll see, Avengers 5 feels directionless at the moment so its a bit hard for me to get excited until I know just what angle this whole Kang thing is going...

Its really just F4 I have hopes on being great, half because of the F4, and half because I badly want Dr Doom to show up and start being Doom - its a pity they hadnt had the chance to establish Doom and the F4 years sooner, as Id be way more excited for the upcoming Avengers stuff (assuming he has any part in them) if he'd been this looming threat ala Thanos. But we'll see. I remain cautiously optimistic.

As for MCU X-Men... big shoes to fill. 97 just did an insane Genosha plot I dont see happening in the movies at all, I reckon they'd PG13 the shit outta anything so I cant imagine them having actual stakes like that. Probably why 97 excites me more, because its actually doing world changing events that arent just "big bad <something> going to cause the earth to end" or whatever.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
www.empireonline.com

Marvel’s Louis D’Esposito Reflects On ‘Rough Time’ At The Studio: ‘We’re Coming Back Strong’ – Exclusive

Deadpool & Wolverine marks the start of a new approach for Marvel Studios – with Kevin Feige's MCU in underdog mode. Read more at Empire.

"It's been a rough time," Louis D'Esposito, Co-President of Marvel Studios, admits to Empire in the world-exclusive Deadpool & Wolverine issue. However, he sees Wade Wilson's mutant team-up threequel as a sign of things getting back on track. "If we just stayed on top, that would have been the worst thing that could have happened to us. We took a little hit, we're coming back strong." That less-is-more ethos looks set to continue in years to come. "Maybe when you do too much, you dilute yourself a little bit," says D'Esposito. "We're not going to do that anymore. We learned our lesson. Maybe two to three films a year and one or two shows, as opposed to doing four films and four shows."
For Marvel boss Kevin Feige, he's seeing the positive side of the MCU being on the back-foot again – after all, back in Phase 1, that's exactly where they began. "It's nice to be able to rally behind one feature project this year," he tells Empire. "I'm much more comfortable being the underdog. I prefer being able to surprise, and exceed expectations. So it does seem like the last year, which has not been ideal, has set us up well for that."