Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

The announcement is at odds with the most recent release calendar distributed by Disney, which has four films from Marvel Studios slated for 2025 — "Captain America: Brave New World," "Thunderbolts," "The Fantastic Four," and "Blade" — and four more Marvel movies slated for 2026, including the fifth "Avengers" movie. Marvel is releasing a single film in 2024, "Deadpool & Wolverine." (Historically, the only time Marvel has released more than three movies in a year was in 2021, after the studio sat out 2020 due to the pandemic: "Black Widow," "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings," "Eternals" and "Spider-Man: No Way Home" — the latter of which was a co-production with Sony Pictures.)

So....
2024 - Just DP3 + X-Men97 / Agatha / Marvel Zombies (?)
2025 - Cap4 / TB / FF + Ironheart / Daredevil / Eyes of Wakanda (though I think it'll be canned)
2026 - Blade / Avengers 5 / ??? + ??? / ???
2027 - Secret Wars / Spider-Man 4 / Shang-Chi? + ??? / ???

Giancarlo Esposito confirms he's joining a Marvel movie, and it isn't as Professor X. Who knows if it'll be for the Sony-verse or MCU. It's an original character and the announcement should hit sooner than later.

View: https://x.com/AgentsFandom/status/1786498562039140596

A 'Kang-Prime'?

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
So....
2025 - Cap4 / TB / FF + Ironheart / Daredevil / Eyes of Wakanda (though I think it'll be canned)

A 'Kang-Prime'?
I don't think the animated shows are counted under this, there's a reason why they shifted the branding to "Marvel Animation." And no way Eyes of Wakanda gets canned, it was originally stated by the trades to be releasing this year, meaning it's deep, *deep* into final stretch of completion.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would not jump to any conclusions on the animated projects just yet. Not to mention you forgot Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

I think Iron Heart and Daredevil being next year is a good guess.

Wonder Man is probably a 2026 show.

Blade is probably 2026 also.

I would not count Spider-Man 4 as part of Iger's statement, mainly because Disney is not distributing that. Since that's on Sony's terms, that's probably a special exception that needs to be taken into account. Because if Sony wants Spidey 4 out a specific year to line up with the contract and actor availability, Marvel can't just say no because Sony could be like "fine, we're not working with you, you're clearly stalling to run out the contract".

Everything Else, including Avengers 5 & 6, Shang-Chi, ect I don't think we can predict until the next Marvel Studios panel. We didn't know how the new scheduling will impact release strategy. They may want a new lead in to the next avengers project.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
I mean I loved post endgame mcu. But 3 movies and 2 shows is still something a little over every 2 months, which is still a looot

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I don't think the animated shows are counted under this, there's a reason why they shifted the branding to "Marvel Animation." And no way Eyes of Wakanda gets canned, it was originally stated by the trades to be releasing this year, meaning it's deep, *deep* into final stretch of completion.
I know about the trades, but do we even have a show runner/writers confirmed for that yet? But yeah, it's animation so probably won't be classed with the rest listed.

And speaking of which, I've just remembered Wonder Man as well.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
So....
Echo was this year too. And besides Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, there's also season 3 of What If, plus I'd expect a season two of X-Men '97 in 2025, and a season three in 2026. So yeah, as said above, I don't think animation is included in the 3 + 2 max.

You mentioned Wonder Man, and there's Vision Quest as well (so, 2026 filled, show-wise). And then there was Nova, curious if we'll ever see that.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking:

2024 - Deadpool 3 + Echo, Agatha
2025 - Cap 4, Thunderbolts, F4 + Daredevil, Ironheart?
2026 - Blade (delayed to 2026), Spidey 4? + Wonder Man? Vision Quest?
2027 - Dr. Strange 3? Avengers 5 (delayed to 2027) + Unannounced D+ shows
2028 - Secret Wars (delayed to 2028) + Unannounced D+ shows

I wonder if Armor Wars is still happening. Heck I wonder if Vision Quest and Wonder Man are still happening. I remember Iger mentioning they canned some shit.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I'm thinking:

I wonder if Armor Wars is still happening. Heck I wonder if Vision Quest and Wonder Man are still happening. I remember Iger mentioning they canned some shit.

Wonder Man is literally at the tail end of filming.

Vision Quest is tied to Wandavision, their most successful show.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking:

Again, I really think we should halt counting Spider-Man since that's a Sony ordered project. Iger can't greenlight it.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Also, I think there's room in what Iger said for things that aren't quite movies and aren't quite TV shows: One-shots, similar to Werewolf by Night.

I'd expect them to keep those going as kind of in-between projects to keep some characters fresh.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Man is literally at the tail end of filming.

Vision Quest is tied to Wandavision, their most successful show.

Weird that neither are officially announced though. Maybe SDCC this year?

Again, I really think we should halt counting Spider-Man since that's a Sony ordered project. Iger can't greenlight it.

Yeah I know it's a weird case, but as far as the audience knows it counts as a MCU movie. I don't think it would be wise to do 3 Disney MCU movies the same year Spidey 4 drops.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Eyes of Wakanda and Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man apparently have been confirmed to release this year during the investor call.
whatsondisneyplus.com

Disney Highlights Upcoming Disney+ & Hulu Releases For 2024

During today's quarterly financial results investors call, Disney has released a new slideshow highlighting some of the upcoming releases heading to Disney+ and Hulu later this year. The updated slate confirms ...

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Eyes of Wakanda and Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man apparently have been confirmed to release this year during the investor call.
whatsondisneyplus.com

During today's quarterly financial results investors call, Disney has released a new slideshow highlighting some of the upcoming releases heading to Disney+ and Hulu later this year. The updated slate confirms ...
Not fiscal year?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
whatsondisneyplus.com

There you go then. Marvel Animation projects do not count towards the limit.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I had my way, the next couple years would look like this:

Spring - Daredevil P1
May - Captain America 4
July - Thunderbolts
Fall - Daredevil P2
November - Fantastic Four

February - Blade
Spring - Ironheart
May - Armor Wars
Fall - Wonder Man
November - Spider-Man 4

February - Shang-Chi 2
Spring - Vision Quest
May - Avengers 5
November - Dr. Strange 3

May - Avengers 6

That's all announced projects (plus Strange 3, which I think we can sort of assume is a lock?), with a pattern of tentpoles in May and November, with smaller franchises in either the winter or spring, with TV series filling the gaps. I'm assuming that Avengers 5/6 get pushed to 2027/2028 respectively, but if so, I have no idea what will be their May 2026 release. I stuck Armor Wars in there because it's kind of Iron Man 4 in all but name, but in theory you could stick Blade in there instead...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, he's the father in The Witch. Loved his part in it! And he's Cid in Final Fantasy 16, although his voice really stood out here that I couldn't quite roll with. But I love that they picked Ineson above other rumored actors like Bardem and Banderas.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps?
krysten-ritter-with-purple-hair-on-instagram-story.png

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Don't get my hopes up. Don't do it unless we know.

Hmmm 🤔

I only ever saw the first season of JJ but did they ever dwell into the whole Jewel thing? Be weird for her to have purple hair in anything other than a origin story I feel. Which would be equally as weird to do in Daredevil of all things.

It was very, very briefly gone into via dialogue and Marvel Television's "let's show the costume for five seconds in a non-combat situation so we can make fun of it".

We didn't really see her time as Jewel. They said it was brief, but they didn't really dig into it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I swear these are episode titles. It was posted on Marvel Studios' social media account but has since been taken down.

5ErPzAX.jpeg

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So the episode titles might be

Episode One: House of Harkness
Episode Two: Coven of Chaos
Episode Three: Darkhold Diaries
Episode Four: Agatha
Episode Five: The Lying Witch with Great Wardrobe

luca

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Chris Hemsworth Was Bothered by Scorsese and Coppola’s Marvel Criticism as It ‘Felt Harsh’ and ‘Was an Eye-Roll,’ Says ‘Superhero Curse’ Exists in That ‘You Get Pigeonholed’

Chris Hemsworth says Martin Scorsese's Marvel criticisms bothered him because comic book movies did not kill the moviegoing experience.
Chris Hemsworth says "it bothers me" when Marvel movies are bashed by the likes of Martin Scorsese and others.

"It felt harsh, especially from heroes. It was an eye-roll for me, people bashing the superhero space. Those guys had films that didn't work too – we all have. When they talked about what was wrong with superheroes, I thought, cool, tell that to the billions who watch them. Were they all wrong?...Cinema-going did not change because of superheroes, but because of smart phones and social media. Superhero films actually kept people in the cinemas during that transition and now people are coming back. So they deserve a little more appreciation."
Chris Hemsworth is irked by actors who sign on to star in a Marvel movie and then bash the MCU afterwards.

"It's, like, 'They're films that are successful — put me in one. Oh, mine didn't work? I'll bash them.' Look, I grew up on a soap opera. And it used to bother me when actors would later talk about the show with guilt or shame. Humility goes a long way. One of the older actors on 'Home and Away' said, 'We don't get paid to make the good lines sound good, but to make the bad ones work.' That stuck with me. But hey, it's all a lesson."
Chris Hemsworth says "there is a superhero curse in the sense you get pigeonholed" in Hollywood and "I've felt a little hamstrung with what I could do."

"If I ever went back to [Thor] I'd wonder how we could change it again."

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Agatha coming sooner than expected. And looks like Marvel Studios logo will only be used for films. Everything else, the names return but with Marvel Studios like imagery.

Shocked we have logos and windows for Daredevil and especially Ironheart today. Was not expecting Ironheart at all.