• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be that mad at Inhumans because they continued the proud tradition of their literally never being a good superhero show.

And I know what you're about to say.

What about that one show?

Well you're wrong, that one is bad. This counts for every show. Every Netflix show, every DCU show, Legion, all the cartoons.

Okay maybe Batman TAS is cool

Phew. I see you've expanded your hot takes from wrestling to tv. Can't knock the hustle.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't be that mad at Inhumans because they continued the proud tradition of their literally never being a good superhero show.

Well you're wrong, that one is bad. This counts for every show. Every Netflix show, every DCU show, Legion, all the cartoons.

That's one of the most outrageously stupid takes I've ever seen.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

e9d.jpg

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Terrible take - Daredevil is 2.5 seasons of awesomeness.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Terrible take - Daredevil is 2.5 seasons of awesomeness.

2.5 hours worth of awesomeness stretched out across 35 hours of TV. So every Marvel netflix show

oh jesus violet came to fuck up the marvel thread too?

He's come to save us

He has a reputation? Welp

the hardest choices require the strongest wills

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I do kinda feel bad for the people who put the extended cut together because they likely had nothing to do with the split and the extended cut was basically made specifically for the kinds of people the break up pissed off.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
look

the way I see it

as long as spidey is back once the incursions start happening it's all good

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
I'm almost out of the other end of the grief cycle, but the whole thing really is such a shame. I've been passionately following everything MCU for the past 5+ years, and the way this has all gone down has just destroyed my excitement for the future of both the MCU and Spider-Man films.

I no longer believe Sony/Disney will get something worked out for the next movie, but hopefully someday down the road we'll see Spider-Man back where he belongs as part of the Marvel universe. With how quickly the media landscape continues to change who knows what may be possible eventually.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm almost out of the other end of the grief cycle, but the whole thing really is such a shame. I've been passionately following everything MCU for the past 5+ years, and the way this has all gone down has just destroyed my excitement for the future of both the MCU and Spider-Man films.

I no longer believe Sony/Disney will get something worked out for the next movie, but hopefully someday down the road we'll see Spider-Man back where he belongs as part of the Marvel universe. With how quickly the media landscape continues to change who knows what may be possible eventually.
Rothman likely won't be the studio head of the combined Universal/Columbia when NBCUniversal eventually snaps up Sony Pictures so I agree.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Rothman likely won't be the studio head of the combined Universal/Columbia when NBCUniversal eventually snaps up Sony Pictures so I agree.

Yeah, it'll be really interesting to see whether Sony ever does sell off the movie/tv studio. In all likelihood it would either be CBS/Viacom or a tech company to snatch them up if anyone did (the DOJ seems unlikely to allow NBCUniversal to do anything). I can only hope that whatever happens in the future will lead to some opportunity for Marvel to reacquire the rights or a new owner who is more interested in playing ball.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it'll be really interesting to see whether Sony ever does sell off the movie/tv studio. In all likelihood it would either be CBS/Viacom or a tech company to snatch them up if anyone did (the DOJ seems unlikely to allow NBCUniversal to do anything). I can only hope that whatever happens in the future will lead to some opportunity for Marvel to reacquire the rights or a new owner who is more interested in playing ball.
Competitively, Sony Pictures doesn't really pose much of an antitrust risk since they lack domestic broadcast stations and given the size of Disney and WarnerMedia, the combined NBCUniversal/Columbia would still be subscale in comparison.

Also Comcast all but said that after Fox, Sony had the most attractive portfolio (Sony has a large presence in India which Comcast clearly wants to tap into). ViacomCBS is too small to competitively bid for Sony. Tech giants seem uninterested in a scaled film and TV Studio (Sony Pictures has very unattractive margins).

So if the rights transfer back in a sale, it shouldn't be too long regardless of who eventually buys them.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested to see the cut scenes but I think the movie definitely benefits from getting the kids on the plane as soon as possible, the one clear issue I think the movie has is that the pre-Mysterio reveal is a little too long as it is.

...man, screw you guys for making me remember FFH, I love that movie and now I have to remember that we're not getting a proper sequel.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just checked my AMC app, no one has booked tickets for the 10:30 showing of the re-release tonight, nor the two showing tomorrow at my local theater

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
An extended cut of Spider-Man has limited wide appeal to begin with, which is not really something you want to combine with pissing off the exact slice of audience that would be interested in it.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What if the extended version didn't do well and Sony think that mean we don't want mcu Spider-man anymore and make them even more toward leaving mcu for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.