• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much hyped for everything.

Cared least for BW, but Taskmaster changed that.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can't say what has me most excited. It's all so overwhelming.
I think right now, I'm most excited about:
- Thor: Love and Thunder because of Natalie Portman as Thor.
- Doctor Strange because of the multiverse, Scarlet Witch in it, and them embracing horror.
- Shang-Chi for the whole Asian aesthetic, Tony Leung as Mandarin and Akwafina in it.

But then there's also:
- WandaVision being the most weird thing they've done and tying into DS2.
- Eternals bringing them Celestials, Eternals and Deviants mythology.
- Hawkeye grooming Kate Bishop.
- And Mahershala as Blade of course.

Although I'm surprised about no Sersi in Eternals.

What I like most is probably that we only got 5 movie announcements, and don't know about the rest of Phase 4 which they can announce later.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
All of this news is amazing.

I still think Beta Ray Bill will appear in Love And Thunder, maybe Jane Thor will team up with him. Or Odinson. As for Lady Sif though, she deserves her own Disney+ TV show now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Black Widow I have no interest in at all. Eternals could be cool, but I'll have to see footage first - I can't really picture it in my head at this point. Strange 2, I sleep. Thor 4, real shit.

On a piece by piece basis I think I'm more interested in the Disney+ slate over the next couple years than the movie side. What If, Loki, and WandaVision are all on my radar big time.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My younger brother and I are so overwhelmed by all of this news. The future looks so good. Can't even decide what's most exciting.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Biggest surprise for me, is still them bagging Tony Leung. Like, never would I have ever thought that he would be in the MCU.

Love all the announcements. Just give me that sweet Taskmaster potato cam footage.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Blade announcement is extra hype if only for the implications of it bringing the supernatural side of things to the MCU.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
People don't seem to be discussing the fact that Dr Strange 2 is gonna introduce the multiverse

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Strange 2 is going to have Clea (still rumored right now), Scarlett Witch, Multiverse and Nightmare though. That's awesome.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
All the logos side by side, besides Blade.

I love the Thor and Shang-Chi logos.
Hawkeye is Matt Fraction perfection.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
so what happened to the gay character in Eternals

kinda surprised they only teased the 2022 slate, but I guess that might still be in flux. Also didn't expect them to mention the Fox properties (though I still think the specific rumor about FF being a 60s period piece involving the Black Knight is BS)

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
This was so good. And... surprisingly surprising. Love Wanda being in Strange 2. Thor 4 looks crazy. So much goodness.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Simu Liu have only been in tv shows, until next year when he debuts in 'Women Is Losers,' and then he'll have 'Shang-Chi' the year after. I just want to check him out in something. Guess I could try S05E21 of Fresh Off the Boat. Or some Kim's Convenience or Expanse episode.

I'm also a little surprised at the changes they're making to Eternals, although we did expect changes:

The film follows a race of immortal aliens sent to earth by the Celestials to protect mankind from the Deviants — a twist on what comic fans may know.

Richard Madden is set to play Ikaris, an Eternal powered by cosmic energy, while Angelina Jolie will play Thena, a warrior who, in recent years, was recruited by Ikaris to help stop "The Dreaming Celestial" from awaking in his sleeping place beneath Los Angeles.

I was surprised at Angelina being Thena (although it makes so much sense), that Makkari is a woman (but it's so cool!), and that Phastos, Flanx Bright and Ajak (and that she's the leader instead of Zuras) - I don't know the former two - are part of the Eternals team. And no Sersi.

Feige noted at the panel that Ridloff will portray the MCU's first deaf hero.

So Makkari is the MCU's first deaf character.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard pretty excellent things about Kim's Convenience... honestly, this might be a push for me to finally get around to watching it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Phase 4 is quite the departure from Phase 3, which was 11 films over 4 years.

This is 10 projects (5 films, 5 Disney+ shows) over 2 years, no Avengers movie to be found. Actually, it'll probably end up being 11 projects assuming Spidey 3 is 2021. That is a LOT of stuff, especially in 2021. Good god.

Then Phase 5 is Blade, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Cap Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, X-Men and maaaaaaaybe Ms Marvel? fuuuuuuuck

luca

Oct 25, 2017
3 shows in 2021 is insane. They got to have more shows for either 2022 or 2023. I'm thinking Young Avengers, but dunno what else they would dedicate to the platform.

Then Phase 5 is Blade, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Cap Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, X-Men and maaaaaaaybe Ms Marvel? fuuuuuuuck
And Deadpool and Ant-Man gotta figure in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.