• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Coming up is what I feel to be the strongest Spotlight Cache set of the month. White Widow is the child of Lizard and Green Goblin. Nico Mineru remains one of the best 1 drops in the game with all her flexibility in the spells. And Snowguards a card I've been meaning to get to give my Loki Decks a whirl again. Pretty easy week to spend caches on.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
ga6yLnU.png

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Coming up is what I feel to be the strongest Spotlight Cache set of the month. White Widow is the child of Lizard and Green Goblin. Nico Mineru remains one of the best 1 drops in the game with all her flexibility in the spells. And Snowguards a card I've been meaning to get to give my Loki Decks a whirl again. Pretty easy week to spend caches on.
I got my 4 spotlights saved up for this week!

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Just recently started playing the game. Is there any good modern guides for ftp beginners?
As long as you understand priority you're good to go til you reach series 3, then you might have more questions in terms of collecting cards (I don't think the game breaks down priority well especially stuff like locations resolve left to right and how cards that resolve at the end of game work like Captain Marvel but they might have updated that since I've been playing)

That description is perfect for White Widow and the reason I'm skipping her. She's overtuned intentionally and I'm not wasting a Spotlight on a temporary card.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Destory deck got me from 70-90 but then kept losing. Swapped to Red Pixie (Red Guardian and Red Hulk) and swept pretty easily. It's a fun deck. Utilizes Lady Deathstrike along with Sentry and Hood and Annihlus. Lots of win options if I don't get the card I need.

My last win was against a Cerb deck. They played Goose to protect cerebro. But since I had pixie, Lady deathstrike was like a 2 so it circumvented it pretty nicely.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've pulled Red Guardian...link some decks to win with so I can finish out this token bounty.

I think the most played one people are using is Junk.

deckpreview.php

But that has... a lot of Series 4 and 5 cards. So might not be the cheapest option. A cheaper option is High Evo which hopefully you have High Evo from this weeks Spotlight Caches or from past caches.

deckpreview.php

Use Shocker if you don't have Hope so you can get more discounts with that Moon Girl Magic.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot more Sandman and Professor X lately. Guess they finally figured out that Mill was kinda shit haha. Time to pull out old War Machine I guess.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
After today there isn't a card I really want until Arishem in July

Oof

EDIT: Actually Sersi and Sasquatch seem decent

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just recently started playing the game. Is there any good modern guides for ftp beginners?
If you want to spend money, buy the Season pass. You get good resources + a card.

Regardless, do your Daily/Weekly and Weekend missions. As long as you have room for the 2 missions at each mission reset, don't fret about specific missions - you'll get them overtime. The "win with 1 card" or "win with over 20 power" etc. are things that will happen naturally through retreats, location help, or good games. No need to build decks/play to beat those specifically.

The most efficient way to increase your Collection level is to upgrade the grey border cards first, since they cost less Credits/level than everything above that.

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022
After today there isn't a card I really want until Arishem in July

Oof

EDIT: Actually Sersi and Sasquatch seem decent
Me too.. kinda bums me out.. MAYBE, Makkari or Phastos for Silver surfer build? As i love playing Silver surfer decks. I don't even like variants in the next few months.. Thena's week also big maybe, as i don't have GM and Glad variants. But don't know of Thena will be good, she looks very draw dependent tho. Will have to see how she works in bounce decks

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Me too.. kinda bums me out.. MAYBE, Makkari or Phastos for Silver surfer build? As i love playing Silver surfer decks. I don't even like variants in the next few months.. Thena's week also big maybe, as i don't have GM and Glad variants. But don't know of Thena will be good, she looks very draw dependent tho. Will have to see how she works in bounce decks
Phastos actually seems really good yeah, so 3 cards I'll probably go for before Arishem

Not as awful as I initially thought

Sep 30, 2023
Yes it is slightly wasting boosters. If you're close, and can get the remaining boosters before the shop cycles out then it would be optimal to do so, upgrade normally then upgrade again in the shop - provided you have the credits of course. I think?
Assuming I'm understanding you currently, I don't believe this works. If a card is in the "booster shop section" and then you gain additional boosters and upgrade it outside of the shop, I don't believe you get the opportunity to still upgrade it again during that shop cycle. It would just show as "upgraded" in the shop.

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
Once again 3-4 keys. ALWAYS 3-4 keys.

4 this time.

I just don't get it. I just don't. Theoretically I should hit 1-2 half the time.

Every fucking time.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feels good to hit a Phoenix Human Torch with a Red Guardian. They snapped as soon as they got a carnage to destroy the Torch but I won the guessing game and played Guardian where they played Phoenix. Just ruined their whole game.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got Snowguard in one, which I was wanting.

...Then the Nico Variant, it's a good one, but I'll probably stick to the Midnight Suns one.

...Then Red Guardian, which I bought with tokens yesterday.

God, the Spotlight Cache system. 4 for White Widow all in all.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well whilst my luck on the caches weren't great, took my way up to Infinite with Hazmat Surfer slotting White Widow in.

Yes, I am going to be the toxic, let the poison consume you.

680hzm_com_mas_mob_01_0.png

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got White Widow and played here today but most of my matches were wack because it was either mirror matches with Clutter or Annhialus or Luke Cage decks which directly counter it.

My take is that the card is quite good but not broken. There are some locations you can cheese with her though which is quite funny.

galvatron

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Man, given how bad some personal stuff has been the last couple of months I am grateful that playing snap has been the worst part of my day for a couple of days now.

Got up to 99 earlier in the week and got stuck which is more funny than frustrating since I don't care about cosmetics, but I've had a run that really makes the matchmaking conspiracy theorists look like they're on to something. Really it's just that every deck I enjoy gets demolished by the return of lockdown and I can't even finish my stupid "play 6 cost card" mission because I keep running into people playing zemo or doc ock and playing them for me. I'll knock it out in proving grounds, but it's crazy how slow just playing them on ladder was going.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having the worst time with this game lately omg I can't win. Smuggly snapping to go to 8 cubes and then getting washed, snapping on turn 2 only to be devastated by location 3 flipping and ruining my life, you name it its screwing over me personally. I was close to 90 now I'm back in the 70s.

I was gonna autobuild off my free season reward track variant to shake things up but it was a bad pixel card so now I gotta come up with some other stupid idea

Edit: duhhhhh obviously Agatha is the way

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Been stuck in level 70-73 for what feels like weeks now.

Everyone said this was a good week for cards and I have 5 keys saved up now, but none of them appeal to me?
I have no idea what sort of deck to build around them, so I should probably leave them?
I want cards that I can build decks around given my limited collection, like I could with High Evo.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone said this was a good week for cards and I have 5 keys saved up now, but none of them appeal to me?
I have no idea what sort of deck to build around them, so I should probably leave them?
I want cards that I can build decks around given my limited collection, like I could with High Evo.

Nico is a great utility card to slot into almost any deck, but the other 2 I agree with you

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
What's the deck that poos on the Mill decks? I'm in infinite and it's not like they're that good but lord have mercy I feel like half my games are against this same deck

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What's the deck that poos on the Mill decks? I'm in infinite and it's not like they're that good but lord have mercy I feel like half my games are against this same deck
Wouldn't Thanos be a good matchup? Your deck won't be milled completely because it's so big, there's a lot of big bodies to get pulled by Gladiator/Doc Oc, and lots of card draw to refill your hand?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Thanos does pretty good as often they just hit out an Infinity Stone with their Zemo, and Gladiator runs the coin flip risk of pulling out one of the decks bigger cards. Loki isn't bad either as your generated cards will help make up for the cards that get stolen from you. Destroy also does fairly good where if they play a late Zemo they risk pulling Carnage or Deathlok ruining their lane, and if Gladiator destroys a card X--23, Wolverine or Deadpool, that's just furthering your gameplan.

Nico is certainly the card of note for most people because you'll probably find a use for one of the spells in the matchup, from the humble +2 to a card to Double power on Nico making her a 1 Energy 4 Power, to turning another cheap card into a demon or sacrificing it for 2 additional cards, getting a second copy of a strong 3, 4 or even 5 Energy card (Even a second 6 Energy if the stars align in a limbo game) to changing a game losing location into one that can turn the tide, Nico just really flexible with the spells, the only really underwhelming one is the move a card to the right, which really only comes up if you are using a move deck, maybe it lets you into Sanctum Sanctorum, but 6 out of 7 spells are good, and if there isn't a spell that works out for you, she''s just a 1 cost anyway so its no massive loss. Destroy tends to play her the most since it gets the most out of the destroy and draw 2 spell (Plus Deadpool likes that +2 power spell), but I've seen her used in decks like Silver Surfer, Bounce, C2, Patriot, Lockdown, Galactus, even the humble Kazoo at the lower levels like Nico as a good 1 drop to include early on. She's one of the best one drops in the game and worth including in most collections.

White Widow we'll have to see how strong she is as the week progresses before getting a full recommendation, I will say that in High Evolutionary specifically her Widow's bite is a temporary afflicted card which can discount the abomination until your opponent fills up the lane (And if they do fill up a lane too quickly to counter it, that's a lane you can easily win later on with your big payoff cards) which does make her a consideration for the deck. She's a tech option to consider at least. As I've said previously, she's the child of Green Goblin and Lizard, the 6 power early on will force your opponent to play to the lane to clear it up (Although its much easier to play 3 cards into a lane to negate than the 4 compared to Lizard), she can fill the last spot in your opponents location and block it off, making it easier to win like a green goblin can (And if she whiffs, you just spent 2 energy for 2 power, in contrast to the 3 energy for the minus -3 Goblin has trapped in your lane. And late game she can just be dropped in the lane your opponent didn't fill up to be a 2-6 if you don't have any better plays. She is a card that does favour decks with a lot of Series 3 cards though (Bounce, Hazmat, Junk) so I can understand skipping her for now if the collection level is low.

Snowguard is pretty much good for the one deck, Loki, it's add 2 cards to your hand, they get discounted by Quinjet, they cheapen Mockingjay, and 2 cards for Loki to transform. I wouldn't consider the card if you don't have Loki specifically. Bear might have it's situational uses, but any attentive player is going to play accordingly around the Snowhawks effect of shutting of locations, and whilst cancelling limbo in matchups where you face against Magik, they will probably retreat upon seeing the Snowguard or pivot their gameplan to try and win on 6, in contrast to a surprise switchoff of Limbo from a Storm, Scarlet Witch, or even the prior mentioned Nico Mineru.

So the cache is mainly noteworthy for Nico and possibly White Widow, both of which are Series 5 cards as well which makes the set seem more valuable. You can of course wait till Monday next week to see if more data on how good White Widow comes in before making the call if you don't want to save up. The only other thing to check is other upcoming spotlight caches to see if cards from them appeal to you more.

To close, I guess I'll give my recommendation of the next cache set I would recommend for a low collection player in the current datamined sets (Assuming these don't get shuffled around or anything.)

The next really great one is probably going to be the Makkari, M.O.D.O.K., X-23 set in Mid June, M.O.D.O.K. is a key card for Discard even with low collection levels just using stuff like Swarrm, Morbius and Apocalypse, Makkari... err, in theory is a free 3 power somewhere, the question is if that's going into an important lane though, and also you gotta beware her clogging one of your lanes. 3 cost makes it noteworthy in Silver Surfer though. X-23 on the other hand is a key card for Destroy, though Destroy may want to consider Knull alongside it.

And Speaking of Knull he's in next weeks set so if you are looking for that Destroy deck he's one you really want to get. Alongside Knull there's Valentina who might be worth considering, it's random which 6 drop you get, but your more likely to get value with it at 4 even with the reduced power, again something Loki favours because of Quinjet and it's card generation though, so mileage may vary, depends on how much you like random generation decks. Blob was king when Thanos was King, now Thanos got nerfed and Red Hulk came out he's sorta lost his spot in the meta. So really, depending on if you like Valentina or not, this one is mostly for Knull, who's a series 4 card anyway, but a key one for Destroy.

I don't rank next weeks as good as Nico in this weeks one or the Makkari set in June (assuming that doesn't change), but it's worth considering if only because I think most of Mays Caches are not that great, often with cards that need other cards surrounding them to be really good or standout. I can hardly recommend any of them as these got great cards for a low collection player to use in their decks, will have to see if any of these sets change or the cards change themselves. Because at the moment it's hard to really recommend any of them myself. I'm only getting Sasquatch/Ravonna/Havok because it''s the only set where I don't have any of those cards and I need Ravonna for my Tribunal Deck. A lot of Ravonna's synergies are with some of the most high end decks in the game (Living Tribunal, Mr. Negative, Galactus). And this set also has Havok in it. Havok. (Sasquatch is probably going to be ok in stuff like Bounce and Hit Monkey though, not a card that'll shine in low collection decks though.)

After that, keep your eye on the Phastos Cache as Phastos could be an archetype enabler (Or at least a Silver Silver inclusion), Spider Ham is a fun disruption tool, and Corvus is real strong in Discard. The Sersi Set looks good too if only because Phoenix Force is a deck enabler (Although one that ones Nimrod which I don't know when Nimrod is next showing up), Sersi herself could be wild, and Miek is another good discard card (But not a requirement for it, Mobius does most of what Miek does already)

And I guess I should also mention the Arishem Cache on the first week of July. Not that I think Arishem is going to be good, but he'll be a fun card at least. +1 Energy at the cost of shuffling a District X into your deck. Black Swan and Hercules are just sorta there though so this is more of a For Fun week instead of a "This is going to be good week" (And if Arishem does end up insanely broken, its probably worth using Tokens instead with this cache.)

And of course, all this is subject to change on Nerfs and Buffs alongside if they change whats shows up in each spotlight cache as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For what it's worth, seems to me like it'd be a bad matchup on paper, but Cerebro 2 just crushed 3 straight mill decks in Gold Conquest for me. I guess it makes sense, as you kind of don't care what's filling up a lot of the spaces, and the only thing you really don't want milled is Cerebro (though Blue Marvel + Mystique can still be potent). Plus there's lot of "I just won that lane opportunities with Storm/Brood and Nightcrawler or White Widow?

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022
Playing against Phoenix deck and just find out that Red Guardian counters on-reveal cards. For some reason did not think he works like that. (i might be late to this, because i have not played him much) I played RG on turn 5 as stat stick and he hit Shuri, i had prio so no buff to his Nimrod

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Playing against Phoenix deck and just find out that Red Guardian counters on-reveal cards. For some reason did not think he works like that. (i might be late to this, because i have not played him much) I played RG on turn 5 as stat stick and he hit Shuri, i had prio so no buff to his Nimrod
Uhhhhhh
Huh
That… doesn't sound right? Surely there's not a reasonable amount of cards that can be done too. I guess it would even turn off Hawkeye. The game used to be logically consistent but that was years ago at this point.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to me. Shuri needs to have the card flip over before she applies her buff so RG hitting her would remove the buff before it can be applied.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Had I known Red Guardian countered Shuri like that I probably would've tried to get him. I had no idea something like that would work.