Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We need more 1 costs in general tbh, why are none of these new cards 1 cost besides the dogshit ones like Selene?
Yeah.
The last good 1 cost was probably Nico. Granted, we had X-23, Kitty and Nebula before that, but 2024 hasn't been the year of 1 costs. At least, we had 1 adjacent cards like Cull and Swan, and the only interesting card this season will massively benefit 1 cost decks.

With that WWBN change, I'm moving back to a classic Falcon bounce.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Not a fan of Grandmaster "buff" looks like they changed him for WWBN and Ravonna interaction. Goblins and the Anni package will probably be even more popular despite the Sentry nerf

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
After skipping on USAgent I ended up getting him in the random Spotlight Cache this time around and after a couple of games with him I got to say I'm confused with the talk about him being terrible cause the guy has greatly improved my Junk deck, currently on a winning streak thanks to him

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
After skipping on USAgent I ended up getting him in the random Spotlight Cache this time around and after a couple of games with him I got to say I'm confused with the talk about him being terrible cause the guy has greatly improved my Junk deck, currently on a winning streak thanks to him

He was buffed to give -4 instead of -3 not long after release (2 weeks I think?). It definitely made him better but he's certainly replaceable in lot of decks you might put him in.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I did it, I hit infinite! I got one cube away last season frustratingly so really happy to have done it.
Still fairly new to the game and using a basic High Evo deck but with a few additions to disrupt my opponent's strategies, and it's done the job! Can have fun experimenting with other cards now.

View: https://imgur.com/a/n7AbUcF

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have six keys, I wasn't interested in the current cards but maybe Namora would be fun, who are people using her with?
I have seen 3 types of decks with her so far.

There's the more all in On Reveal combo package that you get when you use the Auto Deck feature. It's Wong/White Tiger/Iron Heart/Odin On Reveal package with Ravona + Goblins package and movers like Jeff, Nocturne and Captain Marvel.

Then there's the "good cards" Midrange pile which uses movers and strong top end with Dr. Doom and Red Hulk, also uses Blink.

The 3rd deck is just classic Ramp. Jeff, Electro into Namora, Odin and Dr. Doom.

Your biggest counter is the Prof X Cannon Ball clutter deck though.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how many people thought this. I guess people assumed that since Namor and Orka are Ongoing that she would be too. Her being On Reveal makes her so much better than if she was Ongoing.

I was baffled anyone was interested in her tbh. Still gotta see her in action to see how much better this makes her. She feels only useful to me if she's buffing 2 lanes, and those lanes necessarily only have one card in them, and she's probably making at least one of them a very Shang Chi able target while also potentially giving away priority... but I see some potential at least now

Rusty Rascal

Sep 25, 2023
Northern Ireland
Seriously fed up with clog. Majority of my games are the one the two popular prof x decks, one with sage/Wolfsbane and one with Doc Ock. Nothing i do works. Tried destroy and got nowhere. I got to around 700 on the infinite ladder the other day and since then I'm just in freefall, can't string 2 wins together

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I was baffled anyone was interested in her tbh. Still gotta see her in action to see how much better this makes her. She feels only useful to me if she's buffing 2 lanes, and those lanes necessarily only have one card in them, and she's probably making at least one of them a very Shang Chi able target while also potentially giving away priority... but I see some potential at least now
At one lane buff, she's 11 power for 5, at two lanes, it's 16 power for 5. So, one power less than Klaw on one lane, but with the likely benefit of you're likely putting it on a target that can choose its lane later and the bigger one being a big stat boost.

When you have targets like Jeff, Nightcrawler, Captain Marvel, Nocturne that can move after the buff, or Carnage and Venom or Dethlok or Nebula that are often the only thing you want in a lane for awhile, or cards like Storm to lock a location or Green Goblin (that add stats without presence), or following it up with a Doctor Doom for point spread, she definitely has value with cards that are already pretty good to begin with.

Not saying she's meta-defining, or even great, but I feel like it's no stretch to think she might have a spot in a good deck.

Last edited:

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Seriously fed up with clog. Majority of my games are the one the two popular prof x decks, one with sage/Wolfsbane and one with Doc Ock. Nothing i do works. Tried destroy and got nowhere. I got to around 700 on the infinite ladder the other day and since then I'm just in freefall, can't string 2 wins together
Drop your ranking and then you provably won't have to play against so much clog.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I wouldn't spend 6k on those cards either. Spend those tokens on a card that can fit in multiple decks or a card that will vastly improve a deck you love.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I spent 6k on US Agent and while I'm sure I'll use him here and there - he's definitely not worth 6k tokens.

Might throw a second key this week. Only thing with Namora is while she seems fun, you can definitely see her coming from a mile away.

I should have 3 for next week for Havok, which I don't own, and Sas. Also want the Ravonna variant.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
1. Controlling locations

2. More importantly, rug pulling on turn 6. I have snuck so many 8 cubers turning off my own limbo. (See first image where Weird World gave them my Magick and they shut Weird World down with Limbo. I then proceeded to shut down Limbo on turn 6, which they weren't expecting). Nocturne does it too, but Nocturne is for bluffing and making them guess the 50/50 on whether or not you're going to turn it off. Storm is a surprise rug pull.

You fundamentally misunderstand how this deck works. Storm isn't for closing down lanes. She's for controlling negative locations out and rug pulling Limbo. Brood is terrible in this deck as it's *just* power and not enough to justify its presence. It can't even proc off of Elsa. But that misunderstanding is why the deck works so well in the first place. No one is expecting the turn 6 Storm on my own Limbo.

This isn't a surfer deck. It's a control deck that includes Surfer. The most important cards are the three location changing cards.

Shaw is the only card in here meant to act as a little extra muscle to put on the board

Had to take a quick look if anyone else has been running this dirty combo that feels like cheating haha. Great to see someone else has also been enjoying this. I made this deck below at the start of this season and I've never been climbing the ladder so easily (don't really play that much though).

IMG-4560.jpg

Running Storm or Nocturne to your own Limbo on turn six is so effective that it just feels wrong for your opponent. You both snap and see there's 4 cubes at stake here and then boom it's actually 8. I'd say like 9/10 players get greedy and change their plans when you play Magik (especially if their deck doesn't have it) and save their big drops or combos for turn 7. There's enough 3 drops here that Storm + Surfer will most often secure your victory or Hazmat + Absorbing Man if you have to move Nocturne to Limbo. I'm approaching 90 soon and I'm feeling very comfortable because there are a lot of ways to refine this deck and play around with the Magik-Storm-Nocturne combo.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Wow, I really can't hang in the infinite pool, way above my pay grade, seeing decks and strats I've never encountered before and have no idea how to deal with.

Just had a match where my Cosmo revealed before their Hobgoblin, awesome I thought, I'll snap… then they play Annihilus and he zooms over to my side.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I really can't hang in the infinite pool, way above my pay grade, seeing decks and strats I've never encountered before and have no idea how to deal with.

Just had a match where my Cosmo revealed before their Hobgoblin, awesome I though, I'll snap… then they play Annihilus and he zooms over to my side.

I'll be honest by the time I hit Infinite, I then swap over to doing conquest for the rest of the season and work on getting the conquest rewards, maybe give conquest a try if Infinity rank is being challenging for ya.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Conquest is the better mode

It's where you don't just beat a man, you destroy his soul.

im playing zoo against someone playing the best deck in the game. i lose, fist bump, they BM.

:)
First thing I do in a match is mute the opponent. It is legit muscle memory to the point id muted friends when we played.