PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't care about the character at all, but after reading a bunch of his Twitter and seeing his work, Simu Liu seems like a cool guy. Hope this helps catapult him to lots of roles in the future.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Man, it would be dope if they did that.

Shang-Chi-duplicates.png
I DIDNT KNOW THIS
SO OUR MAN MAY BE COPYING HIMSELF AND DOING MAD COMBOS AT MOVIE'S END

There is a nigh zero percent chance they use this because this ability was in one, relatively new storyline.
Its one of those plot devices thats cool to read, but deep down you know they will abandon the ability as soon as the arc is over.

His copies from this may still be out there, but the MCU is highly unlikely to use this for the movie....or ever actually.

Its like people expecting End Game to have had Asgardian Armor everyone permanently....it was cool in the story but we knew we couldnt have God-Level Avengers forever.....didnt they give Wolverine Asgardian Armor as well?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering what Chinese characters they're planning on using for Shang Chi's name, cos every time I see him get mentioned I think of the term 丧气 (frustration).

When Simu Liu talked in Chinese on stage he calls the role Shang4 Qi2 so maybe they did change the name. But you're right that about being reminded of 丧气 lol

Im starting to wonder if the role Awkwafina got is the one that Constance Wu was going to get, but now Awkwafina got it because of Constance Wu's schedule. hmmm.

They probably aren't going to use Fu man Chu. And the creator of Shang Chi doesn't want Marvel to use that, and Fu Man chu wasn't created by the original creator of Shang Chi but by someone else.

Constance was frustrated because of a role that she has been wanting to play for years, not this role.

pagesix.com

Inside Constance Wu’s rise into the Hollywood elite

A source close to the project told The Post that producers are still hoping to make the movie with Wu but now they don’t know when they will be able to move forward.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know anything about these characters or comics but... There's a character named Awkwafina ? Seriously ? Aqua Fina ?

EDIT : Ah my bad, it's the stage name of the actress. Still dumb.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the whole interview with him, and it's really good and covers a bunch of things:

I'm loving Simu Liu!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I hope the movie is great, while I love just about all the action from the MCU; there's something about the good H2H that just looks better than the chaos we usually see, even if there's jump cuts.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mannn, imagine if it had The Raid type of action choreography, just less violent.