G1b5LRx.png

6zKAXlQ.png

sSA62QS.png

NMpd8sP.png

OO5bzE2.png

23zkqwI.png

tNva7qc.png

jSo3Jpy.png

Marvel Studios' Eternals features an exciting new team of Superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, the Deviants.

zJhD2oQ.png

zFmV3Dy.jpg

The Eternals are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity gifted with amazing powers and abilities to look after the human race throughout the ages. One million years ago, the Celestials created one hundred Eternals, and left. Since then, they've lived secluded on Earth, rarely interfering and, when they perish, they are simply reborn. The best example of what they can accomplish when working together is the power of the Uni-Mind, which is created when several Eternals join their will and intelligence together to temporarily become one powerful entity. Throughout the millennia, the Eternals built great cities, After noticing the similarities between both species, they formed an alliance and the Eternals acted as the gods' representatives on Earth

MEeWivj.png

5mmy2c3.png

oN2JZSv.png

cjrlIVI.jpg

2CTqn7F.png

FEipDcr.jpg

1TWWDXr.png

Fjsub7A.jpg

x5MlOXY.png

zKju0u9.jpg

XRs6xSl.png

zpv5Qdf.jpg

ZWtGnZH.png

7ZpcSWI.jpg

NYo8hlD.png

fdDYtrU.jpg

P75o8Gm.png

5laU99F.jpg

M3cYsHg.png

wXT0ZDb.jpg

VqiOm66.png

03hb5JZ.jpg

dyGTcIE.png

7nPgtKZ.jpg

eMN2piu.png

5C7fyTG.jpg

ALSO STARRING

Bill Skarsgård as Kro
Haaz Sleiman
David Kaye
Gil Birmingham
Jashaun St. John

Zain Al Rafeea

8BvPySl.png

(BELOW IMAGES ARE HYPERLINKED)

iGw4KIW.png

dHAAXCp.png

JYVsXKq.png

Last edited:

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make a superhero named Fatigue, for the meta jokes.

Edit: Is there where Slayven jumps in to tell me about the third cousin of Scott Summers who had two panels before he died to zombies because his cardio game was weak.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Still very excited despite the lukewarm critical reception. I can't wait for all the awesome cosmic lore we'll get and its implications for future movies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Which Eternals will we see in future Avengers movies? Sersi for sure-but I have to imagine Kingo as well for pure charm, charisma and likability.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Still very excited despite the lukewarm critical reception. I can't wait for all the awesome cosmic lore we'll get and its implications for future movies.

this movie will cover the furthest point in the MCU's past like on screen rather than words from wizards and sorcerers so no doubt there is gonna be interesting stuff and nuggets of lore. I'm just gonna ignore the critical side of things and leave it until I see the movie.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make a superhero named Fatigue, for the meta jokes.

Edit: Is there where Slayven jumps in to tell me about the third cousin of Scott Summers who had two panels before he died to zombies because his cardio game was weak.

Joe Public has the ability to absorb the strength and energy of others around him. This grants him considerable strength and durability but it unfortunately causes great fatigue to the people he gathered the strength from.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That guy looks like the secret love child of Captain America and the Punisher. Does he have a fucking mullet?

Edit: Oh he's a DC character.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
this movie will cover the furthest point in the MCU's past like on screen rather than words from wizards and sorcerers so no doubt there is gonna be interesting stuff and nuggets of lore. I'm just gonna ignore the critical side of things and leave it until I see the movie.

Same. I might actually be the perfect audience for the movie since I love lore and my favorite parts of MCU films are always the talky ones.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all in on Eternals as I've always been. The critical reception has made me more curious if anything. I'm liking all the clips they've released so far.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Which Eternals will we see in future Avengers movies? Sersi for sure-but I have to imagine Kingo as well for pure charm, charisma and likability.

I can see Phastos showing up in some shows like Armor Wars or Ironheart but that depends on how the character continues in the MCU after Eternals, like will he wish to continue living the quite life after Eternals?

Ikaris is also a possibility I guess.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
I barely know anything about them. I'm here for Angelina and the LGBT representation. And Chloe's directing, obviously.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
LMFAO at this

at this point, why don't you just stay there

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I truly never thought we'd get a Rotten MCU movie, even if it's just by a hair. They have the formula for solid well received movies down so pat, and I sure as hell didn't expect Zhao's movie to be the one to break the streak.

I'm intrigued but 157 minutes with such a mediocre score, ehhhh.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I truly never thought we'd get a Rotten MCU movie, even if it's just by a hair. They have the formula for solid well received movies down so pat, and I sure as hell didn't expect Zhao's movie to be the one to break the streak.

I'm intrigued but 157 minutes with such a mediocre score, ehhhh.
I figured it was inevitable we'd get a Rotten film, but I didn't think it would be so sudden, more of a gradual decline over the years.

I guess I'll see this but I have disliked basically everything in the marketing and the runtime is a mind killer.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I remember hearing that Zhao is a fan of YYH. A cool little nod and her geeking out in an interview.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
For a particular reason that I suspect, my local theatres still haven't started pre-sales for the movie despite it releasing in 2 day's time. Hoping to catch it on Thursday's public holiday though.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I remember hearing that Zhao is a fan of YYH. A cool little nod and her geeking out in an interview.

she is a Yu Yu fan????

weebs in, now the russo's need to come out and say they are a fan of Saint Seiya or Spy x Family or some shit

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Duuude I've always thought the sheer number of main characters is ridiculous

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Seeing this tomorrow. Curious to see if it's as big disaster as reviews make it out to be, but also in for cosmic stuff to shift gears.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still more excited to see this than how I felt watching Shang-Chi for the first time.
Gimme all that lore and heavy exposition baby!!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm still more excited to see this than how I felt watching Shang-Chi for the first time.
Gimme all that lore and heavy exposition baby!!

yeah, there is something inherently curious about marketing the movie as "In The Beginning". Clearly we are gonna dive in to the history of the MCU quite a bit. Box Office and Reviews aside and speaking purely from a canon perspective, this movie is probably gonna be deep as hell with lore and will probably have more a ramification in the MCU than Shang Chi did. gimme dat lore!

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lol yep. MDA's hung up over that particular bit, I bet.

Yup the film is yet to be rated I the database. That's what I suspect but they were probably given the option to have it be M18 with no cuts but the portrayal of a happy gay family with a kid might push it to an R21. I hope there will be no cuts.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
See you tomorrow night for my full spoilers review!
Spoilers must be tagged untill the movie is released worldwide right? Is that Friday?

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Bollywood Sequence Clip from the movie

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.wired.com

Chloé Zhao Upends the Marvel Formula With 'Eternals'

Reimagined characters, practical effects, intimate storytelling—the Oscar-winning director wants to alter what fans see in comic book movies.

Here's a good writeup on Chloe Zhao and Eternals.

Just in time, the History Channel show Ancient Aliens came to Zhao's rescue. Part of her idea for Eternals hinged on a saga of extraterrestrial contact on Earth—just like Ancient Aliens. That's when Feige, architect of the vast, intertwined Marvel Cinematic Universe, piped up: "I was just watching that the other day!" Spurred on, Zhao hit her groove. She spieled her vision, incorporating not just ancient aliens but also manga, Yuval Noah Harari's book Sapiens, and the visual similarities between Final Fantasy and the films of warrior-poet Terrence Malick.

Zhao is a Final Fantasy fan. Nice.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I know reception hasn't been the best, but I'm still pretty excited for this one! Always welcome to see such an injection of diversity into the MCU.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.wired.com

Chloé Zhao Upends the Marvel Formula With 'Eternals'

Reimagined characters, practical effects, intimate storytelling—the Oscar-winning director wants to alter what fans see in comic book movies.

Here's a good writeup on Chloe Zhao and Eternals.

Zhao is a Final Fantasy fan. Nice.

This is looking to be the FFXIII of the MCU

And I like FFXIII lol.

Glad the movie didn't get scenes cut away to make it PG here. Finally got imax tickets and will be watching this in 25 hours😂

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just came back from the first screening... I wouldn't call it bad, but it is just about serviceable. The movie chokes massively under the weight of having to introduce so many characters. Even with a few characters reduced to mostly set dressing, there isn't enough space to get emotionally invested in the others AND do lore dumps AND have action set pieces. When the standouts of the movie are costuming and visual design, you know it has got issues.

That said, I really think there is something there, there is an underlying untapped epicness, where I hope Eternals 2, with most of the setup done, canexpand upon.

Also. what was up with the DC character mentions!?

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it, I rather liked it, more than I thought I would from the reviews. It's way more enjoyable then Black Widow for me, but not as much as Shang Chi. I enjoyed the characters and got attached to a few of their stories, which I was certain I would hate them all from the concept/comics/trailers.

The super speed move set and effects were awesome, and I'm keen for all the setups and implications this sets up for cosmic Marvel.

Didn't mind any of the blame they took on for the Atom bomb as its not direct, more just the helping of humanity lead to that. Though blaming global warming on the celestial awakening was actually shitty, one thing I hated.

Last edited:

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I have quite a few criticisms towards the film, but the more I think about it the more I enjoyed it overall.

I think it did really well in handling all 10 Eternals. There's some good setup for Thena and Kingo that could be explored in a sequel.

Beautifully shot film too.