• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
With a release window announced and two new trailers giving us more roster info now seems like a good time to start speculating and thinking about the roster with a dedicated place to do so and keep track of what is known
So first let's start with the facts. From the initial PR we know the roster will have 'dozens of characters' and the Japanese direct trailer which was different from the western one has over 30 characters stated in the trailer.

Now for known characters here are the team lineups. The assumption is each named team gets a minimum of four characters for a full squad so I will leave those open until announced. There are several characters that are currently unaffiliated and I will go into possible groupings in a side note. Currently Rocket and Groot are the only confirmed duo,
There are currently 34 confirmed characters and 6 that are teased but not confirmed
  • Avengers
    1. Iron Man
    2. Captain America
    3. Hulk
    4. Thor
    5. Falcon
    6. Crystal
    7. Black Widow
    8. Scarlet Witch
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Vision*
    11. Black Panther
    12. Hawkeye
    13. Wasp(Janet)
    14. Ms Marvel(Kamala, )
    15. Deadpool
    16. Antman/Giantman***
    17. Nova*****
  • Defenders
    1. Iron Fist
    2. Daredevil
    3. Elektra
    4. Luke Cage
  • Midnight Sons
    1. Elsa Bloodstone
    2. Ghost Rider
    3. Dr Strange
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
    1. Star-Lord
    2. Gamora
    3. Drax
    4. Rocket Raccoon & Groot
  • X-Men
    1. Wolverine
    2. Storm
    3. NightCrawler
    4. Psylocke
    5. Beast*
    6. Magneto
    7. Cyclops(in family portrait, likely later in the story as all new footage is from one scene)*
    8. Colossus(same as Cyclops)*
  • Currently Unaffiliated
    1. Nick Fury****
      • contrary to popular belief he is not an Avenger; SHIELD team is possible
  • Spider Friends
    1. Spider-Man
      • nuff said
    2. Venom
    3. Kid Arachnid (Miles Morales)
    4. Ghost Spider(Gwen Stacy)
*status unknown, however they have been shown to battle AI and show up in gameplay in a way only unlockable playable characters have so odds are high unlike confirmed npc Jessica Jones who is freestanding and cutscene only
**unconfirmed but likely playable due to custscene prolifically and being in situations that make them seem to be unlockables if for infinity trials
*** T-shirt leak however every other hero sans Vision (who is unconfirmed)on the shirts are playable
**** Nick Fury was unlockable in both previous games, odds are he's a story complete unlockable
***** you don't put fall of the Nova corps in an infinity Gauntlet arc unless Nova is playable

Update: releases July 19
D4OcMBvUcAA9WXD.jpg

X-men family portrait
D7QeqbhXYAAYyXy.png

It is likely everyone here other than prof x are playable

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for
F4
Cyclops
Silver Surfer
Darkhawk (longshot)
Nova Richard Ride
Rogue
Jean Grey
I didn't mention ant man black panther or strange because I'm sure they'll get in.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Help a newbie out.

Is this like a Warriors game, with Marvel style?
Gauntlet like, coop squad based game that plays great solo with quick swap action. Your characters have skills to swap and upgrade and there's side quests to unlock more characters. Seems like combat will be far more polished with the new developer though
I want Raven but more like her Teen Titans (Cartoon) self. Or at least, if there's a skin of Raven I'd like that. Are there skins in this game?
wrong comic publisher. And we don't know if costumes are back

True. But her movie popularity is a decidedly different character.
Everyone here is their comic version rather than movie one

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am boycotting the game if Solo and Sleepwalker are omitted

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope to see the Fantastic Four, but I'm not sure if they'll make it.

I do expect some of the Champions to make it. Or, at least, Ms. Marvel.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It is one of the games making me think about a switch purchase. If they make a cheaper lite switch I would get one
Say Slayven, since you're here already want to give us a history of teams Venom has been on prior to this year? Also what do you think of my Defenders breakdown? Anyone I missed

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It is one of the games making me think about a switch purchase. If they make a cheaper lite switch I would get one
I finally bought a Switch in July last year and I'm very happy with it. Though the eshop is kind of a money-sink because there's always so much coming out. I've managed to become more picky about what I pick up, but it was a real struggle for the first few months I owned the system lol.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
The Direct trailer made me think there were trying to use this game as crosspromotion with their other media, with the emphasis on Captain Marvel and dropping the Defenders by name (even tho we know the Netflix marvel universe is dead by now) so i have a little hope for Runaways characters making the cut.

If only 4 are to be playable i could see it being:

-Chase (with fistigons and footsigons)
-Molly (She'd also have a team bonus with X-men characters)
-Karolina
-Xavin or Victor

Nico and Gert would be Story NPCs and Alex likely used as a Villian.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Subbed so fast!
Hoping that Miles/Gwen/Peni/SP//DR/Noir Spider-Man find their way into the roster whether it be in the base game or DLC
And just found this on Twitter, don't know if this is official or not, saw a portion of this pic with Wolverine on Nintendo Insider
DzW5ZBtUcAAXP_S.jpg:large

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I actually want Purple Man/Killgrave. Would be sweet as a "monster tamer" type character that can pick up an NPC.

In regards to teams unannounced:

Fantastic Four
Champions
Agents of SHIELD

Are the ones I'd really like.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Subbed so fast!
Hoping that Miles/Gwen/Peni/SP//DR/Noir Spider-Man find their way into the roster whether it be in the base game or DLC
And just found this on Twitter, don't know if this is official or not, saw a portion of this pic with Wolverine on Nintendo Insider
People like to trash the visuals, but I really dig the art style. It's simple yet detailed at the same time and the heavy black linework makes it 'pop' in a way. I wish this is what MvCI looked like.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think that the vast majority of the MUA1 cast is going to return. I think that set of characters had a very good mix of characters from all the popular series (aside from Guardians who weren't really a thing back then).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Subbed so fast!
That might actually be the box art, though it's similar to the MvCI promo art in structure (with Spidey & Wolverine instead of Ryu & X).

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I already got Storm, so I at least have someone to use. I would like to see Iceman and perhaps Dr. Strange confirmed. My longshot dream would be Wiccan and maybe even a Young Avengers team. But I won't get any of my hopes up now, as it makes more sense for them to show up in MUA4 after they are introduced in Phase 4 of the MCU.

Please, Marvel. ;_;

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping for Psylocke but she could have a chance as DLC being realistic since more prominent X-Men will likely get as the core roster.

Daredevil too please!

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a little kid in the 80s and first learned his name was Cyclops, I thought he only had one eye lol

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Subbed so fast!
That looks so good!
Including a certain green lawyer character could balance the colour pallete though!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so since I already had this typed up, for fun here's the original MUA's launch roster of 25, I'll Bold everyone who's here
  • Avengers
    1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Spider-Man
    4. Nick Fury
    5. Thor
    6. Spider-Woman
    7. Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers)
    8. Dr Stange
    9. Black Panther
  • X-Men
    1. Wolverine
    2. Iceman
    3. Storm
    4. Deadpool
    5. Colossus
  • Marvel Knights
    1. Daredevil
    2. Elektra
    3. Luke Cage
    4. Moon Knight
    5. Blade
    6. Ghost Rider
  • Fantastic Four
    1. Mr Fantastic
    2. Invisible Woman
    3. Thing
    4. Human Torch
    5. Silver Surfer
And to round things out, ps360 DLC characters(8)
  1. Hulk
  2. Nightcrawler
  3. Hawkeye
  4. Cyclops
  5. Dr Doom
  6. Magneto
  7. Sabertooth
  8. Venom
So out of the 33 total characters, 10 are in the new game. Ironically a lot of the launch roster are still likely picks with a few exceptions

Last edited: