Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooooooooo

5722c2b4d0ccb97593bb0539b9f75f79_original.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
That is some super weird, swinging for the fences addon. It makes me feel like this may be the last MU Kickstarter due to the super fringe stuff they are including.

Seriously, the pet expansion is equal parts bonkers & amazing. Big props for adding cards for Lockheed, who we got a miniature for last campaign.

Gameplay wise, this is the best MU Kickstarter yet.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That is some super weird, swinging for the fences addon. It makes me feel like this may be the last MU Kickstarter due to the super fringe stuff they are including.

Seriously, the pet expansion is equal parts bonkers & amazing. Big props for adding cards for Lockheed, who we got a miniature for last campaign.

It's awesome. I still wanna see Kaine and Squadron Supreme tho.

Tho with my current state of things I may have to pass altogether

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

There's still enough decently popular B-Tier franchises that feel like they've been left in reserve that I think at least one more season could be on the table - Thunderbolts, Midnight Sons, New Warriors, Symbiotes and lots of potential one off stragglers could make a pretty dope fourth season.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Some seriously weird choices in this campaign, but yea it's possible they are trying to still hold back some stuff for still another round eventually, so we are seeing some serious c and d lister characters being tossed in. But at same time we are seeing they aren't against releasing the same characters multiple times now either with alternate sculpts and versions so they can also do more campaigns simply using alternate versions of popular characters . More cap and iron man? No problem. They can do a whole lot of classic characters from alternate stories, poses, time periods still

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I still want a Midnight Sons for a final expansion, but wonder if it will be another storyline driven box to cover the last blank campaign deck.

I see a minimum of another 10ish stretch goals unlocking, probably more like 12-15. I imagine an All In around $350ish - have to pay extra for plastic and cardboard upgrades - and around a 4.5 million finale at the end of the day.

What are the best expansions to pick up?

Do want characters, storylines, or gameplay? Do you have a favorite era/setting (silver age, current, or something in-between)? Are you a cosmic or street level guy? Are you partial to mutants or regular heroes? Have you bought anything else yet for the game, if so, what? Will you be playing solo or with a group, if so how many? Do you like PvP?

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
An essential character incoming - probably dashing my hopes of a Midnight Sons expansion, but I don't really care as long as I get the characters separately via stretch goals instead. (Man-Thing, Mr. Knight Sculpt, Mephiston, Lilith, Agetha Harkness - reaching for Daimon Hellstorm or werewolf by night)

6f7f21cbec71fe1302cb6b6fe4f47ca8_original.png

6046c59d700cd4c3a6ceaed77d4b4cf4_original.jpg

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So.. if I want to buy most of this or all of it (expansions and everything), this is a huge chunk of cash isn't it? I'd want to play this with my wife and son. Can we all play co-op together?

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
That's not Blaze, that's Blaze wearing Ketch's costume and weapon like a corpse coat. I'm used to it, though, I guess I'll just pretend it's a proper Ketch and act like we still don't have Blaze.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So.. if I want to buy most of this or all of it (expansions and everything), this is a huge chunk of cash isn't it? I'd want to play this with my wife and son. Can we all play co-op together?

Buy what you want, you really only need the core box you can get right now at retail really to enjoy the game.

Nothing else is essentially really, just buy the expansions or stuff you think you like such as set theme or characters your after.

Getting everything is a ton of money, and really it's an insane amount of game that you will probably never get to the table as it really is a bit much.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Buy what you want, you really only need the core box you can get right now at retail really to enjoy the game.

Nothing else is essentially really, just buy the expansions or stuff you think you like such as set theme or characters your after.

Getting everything is a ton of money, and really it's an insane amount of game that you will probably never get to the table as it really is a bit much.

Any suggestion on what to add beside the core box? Or should I just start with that and see if I dig it? Some of the sets they have seem interesting, like age of apocalypse, sinister six, fantastic four, etc. That galactus figure looks cool as shit too.

OP
OP
Toño

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Any suggestion on what to add beside the core box? Or should I just start with that and see if I dig it? Some of the sets they have seem interesting, like age of apocalypse, sinister six, fantastic four, etc. That galactus figure looks cool as shit too.
The best content for the game are the villains. They are the scenarios or puzzles of the game and change the gameplay. So the prefered ones are the core boxes (the avengers one with Red Skull in the box art), the X-Men one, this or, the coming later this year, Spider-Geddon. Also the expansions that have a lot of villains like Return of the Sinister Six, Maximum Carnage, or the strech goals boxes.

The second best content of the game are the heroes do you like. Look for the core boxes, the strech goals or any of the expansion boxes that have the ones do you like.

I also recomend the playmat. I usually don't play with them, but the one for this game helps a lot to have everything sorted and is pleasing to the eyes.

But really, you don't need everything. My best tip is pledge here with a single dollar and wait for the pledge manager that they will open in the next weeks. In the pledge manager you can add funds and pick anything offered during the campaign, and pay the shipping costs. Meanwhile, search for a core box and try it. If you like the game, great! go to the pledge manager and buy anything do you like.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Core is got good content, but you also might not want to miss out on the kickstarter stuff either. I mean I would just go for getting like your favorite character or setting stuff. You could get the original box online and then buy the add on $120 UNITED Promos which has a ton of the core characters.

Just getting everything at this point is really hard or gonna cost you a ton.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just so I understand this correctly, all the stretch goal heroes and villains will also be added to my order? So I get Patriot, Elsa Bloodstone, Red Hulk. etc on top of my Herald Pledge rewards?

EDIT: I can't decide between the new or old Sinister Six. The old one is on eBay for $100-200 and delivery seems to be from US only (I'm from UK so yikes). The new Sinister Six and Carnage challenge look cool but my son would recognise all of the Sinister Six from the first game (Doc Oc, Kraven, etc.). I think I'll get the new one for now, at least it is backwards compatible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toño

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Just so I understand this correctly, all the stretch goal heroes and villains will also be added to my order? So I get Patriot, Elsa Bloodstone, Red Hulk. etc on top of my Herald Pledge rewards?
The strech goals are included in every pledge of Multiverse, Herald or the incoming all-in pledges. And if you add additional pledges, you receive additional strech goals.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: I can't decide between the new or old Sinister Six. The old one is on eBay for $100-200 and delivery seems to be from US only (I'm from UK so yikes). The new Sinister Six and Carnage challenge look cool but my son would recognise all of the Sinister Six from the first game (Doc Oc, Kraven, etc.). I think I'll get the new one for now, at least it is backwards compatible.
The old Sinister Six is available as an optional add-on in the new campaign:
Given the Kickstarter Exclusive Sinister Six Assembled module that comes with Maximum Carnage can make heavy use of the Villains from the Return of the Sinister Six expansion, and the high volume of requests by backers, we have decided to make on last Kickstarter Exclusive expansion available to backers of the Multiverse Kickstarter campaign.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Decided to finally jump in. Base game + Maximum Carnage + Civil War + Team Deck.

I have the previous game (the X-Men one) and it hits the table quite often. It's also quite good if you are a budding painter because you only need to paint 3 figures before you effectively have a fully painted game at the minimum player count.
Quick setup, rules, and teardown are also big reasons it sees a fair bit of play.

To anybody else still wondering what to get in the pledge, I'll echo what most reviewers say: More villains is the most important thing. The KS extras will give you plenty, so the core pledge is kind of all you need in that respect. I would suggest at least 1 more expansion box that gives you extra locations which can be mixed in with those from the base game, as this lets you modify the play-area a bit more, though I find that the different abilities/penalties locations give arent as big a factor in each game as the villain. Still its nice to have a bit more modularity to the game design, and the KS extras never seem to include additional locations.

I'm a bit unsure about the player-vs-player stuff. I've decided to go for it again this time, even though I've never gotten the team game from the last campaign to the table.
Did anyone here ever give it a go? Was it any good?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit unsure about the player-vs-player stuff. I've decided to go for it again this time, even though I've never gotten the team game from the last campaign to the table.
Did anyone here ever give it a go? Was it any good?

I have played the X-Men vs mode, which was ok. We've had much more fun with a person playing as a Villain vs the others playing as Heroes. We've only played that a few times, so I am completely unsure if some villains are much more difficult in PvP or not, or if certain hero combos make playing particular Villains an exercise in frustration. Of the 3-4 games we have played, it has been a fun variant though.

The Civil War expansion looks to up the PvP significantly from the X-Men, which felt more "tacked on" since it was more competing with the other team while both teams fight a Villain at the same time. Meanwhile, the Civil War expansion come wtih 2 different, dedicated PvP modes, each one without any Villains at all. It looks like a fully fleshed out game mode now, with more opportunity to disrupt and directly engage the other team as you fight for control of territories and to complete/prevent missions. However, if you will not be playing PvP, the Civil War expansion is just 10 more (cool) Heroes. I really look forward to the new team vs team mode.

We're missing details about how equipment cards, pets, and team decks will integrate/enhance/possibly break the new PvP mode or effect the game when someone is playing as a Villain. Can we even mix the various Challenges into PvP mode?

I've really liked waking up to unlocks the past couple of days because they've been pure gold. Enchantress, High Evolutionary and Gorr the God Butcher? Fucking Deathlok? Lol, I'm just kind of shrugging my shoulders at this point. They keep giving me characters that were never even on my radar, but I love them all and they seem so obvious once I see them. I am happy enough with what we currently have that I have just been enjoying the ride the past several days. That pet expansion really threw me for a loop too. This KS has been anything but predictable, which makes me excited to see the final expansion and last few days of stretch goals. For the KS newbies, the last few days are typically a feeding frenzy as backers finalize their pledges and fence sitters start committing.

2d3ec3ef5d0836088cc152c60b9c8f5b_original.png

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
We're almost at the end. Hoping for some nice stretch goals. Really hoping for Angela and Agent Venom. All in with cardboard and tokens is looking to be about 450-500. Crazy how much they pumped out this season. Lots of variety.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Only Darkhawk will get me in this time, I keep going back and forth, I said done after X-men cause really just got way too big already. This one is mostly characters I could care less about or not at all, only a few items I would want.... so unless the final stretches blow me away....

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Any guesses for the final expansion and the "All IN" excusive character (season 1 was Adam Warlock, season 2 was Old Man Logan)?

I'm thinking World War Hulk or Secret Wars. WWH seems like it could cover several bases at once with some missing characters, a Hulk resculpt (like Cpt America & Iron Man in Civil War expansion), a set of campaign cards, ect. Secret Wars seems a little too PvP oriented given that they just gave us the Civil War rules, but I don't really have any other guesses at this point. If I had my say it would be Inferno or Executioner's Song.

For the ALL IN exclusive character, I was thinking it would be Cosmo the space dog, but the pet expansion dashed that. Now I am not so sure. Once again, this KS covers so much ground between new&old/cosmic&street level that I feel they could choose just about anyone. I keep seeing Beyonder or the Watcher suggested, but I just don't see either of those making the cut.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Any guesses for the final expansion and the "All IN" excusive character (season 1 was Adam Warlock, season 2 was Old Man Logan)?
Marvel Zombies would seem like the obvious one to me, based on my (very) limited knowledge of Marvel multiverse stuff, and the success of the Zombicide campaign.
Only reasons not to do it would be if they think they can get an entire KS campaign out of it next year (they probably can), and/or they think gross zombies isnt the vibe they are going for with their cute chibi minis.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel Zombies would seem like the obvious one to me, based on my (very) limited knowledge of Marvel multiverse stuff, and the success of the Zombicide campaign.
Only reasons not to do it would be if they think they can get an entire KS campaign out of it next year (they probably can), and/or they think gross zombies isnt the vibe they are going for with their cute chibi minis.

Marvel Zombies could tie in a lot of teams and storylines for sure. But like you said, I cannot imagine them making the minis for it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty firmly not going to get this after still not seeing most of the content from the first two (all in on the first, majority of the second). Then I was just going to do the base for it and the stretch goals.

…damn I'm going to end up buying a lot of this again aren't I? Lol. I really like a lot of the extra stuff they're adding like the teams, pets, campaigns. I think the offering in this one is outright more interesting than what was in the last two.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Boy, what a finale. Updates will be uploaded and linked soon. World War Hulk (world breaker hulk, sentry, ares, hercules, hulkbuster) + KS exclusive mini (Doc Samson), All-in Price (the omniverse pledge), and All-in exclusive miniature (a GIANT Fin Fang Foom that acts as a challenge as well as a villain)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Boy, what a finale. Updates will be uploaded and linked soon. World War Hulk (world breaker hulk, sentry, ares, hercules, hulkbuster) + KS exclusive mini (Doc Samson), All-in Price (the omniverse pledge), and All-in exclusive miniature (a GIANT Fin Fang Foom that acts as a challenge as well as a villain)
Oh man that's epic. And way out of my price range

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The All-in pledge is -$50 off everything gameplay related to this KS. This does not include anything offered from prior expansions, or plastic/cardboard upgrades.

a488b2f1c733cdcb7e516ea0c5a750e4_original.jpg

Edit: I am getting the Omniverse Pledge + Carboard location/villain dashboard upgrades, & plastic tokens for $440 total (shipping to be calculated and added later in the pledge manger).

All in for first campaign was $235 and X-Men was $435, FYI (also without shipping included)

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
The All-in pledge is -$50 off everything gameplay related to this KS. This does not include anything offered from prior expansions, or plastic/cardboard upgrades.

a488b2f1c733cdcb7e516ea0c5a750e4_original.jpg

Edit: I am getting the Omniverse Pledge + Carboard location/villain dashboard upgrades, & plastic tokens for $440 total (shipping to be calculated and added later in the pledge manger).

All in for first campaign was $235 and X-Men was $435, FYI (also without shipping included)
I'm at the same. Only thing I'm not getting is the playmat since I have the X-men one. Although that is a lovely shade of purple.

OP
OP
Toño

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I updated the OT with all the new information and the final pledge levels and estimated shipping costs. Few!

I am getting the Omniverse Pledge + Carboard location/villain dashboard upgrades, & plastic tokens for $440 total (shipping to be calculated and added later in the pledge manger).

I'm at the same. Only thing I'm not getting is the playmat since I have the X-men one. Although that is a lovely shade of purple.
I think I'll go with that too.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
World War Hulk looks good too, damn these people! I really don't want to order 4+ boxes at once but the temptation is real!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I fear the shipping costs (especially with that Fin Fang Foom and Galactus) more than the price of the all-in, I think.

Oh, and of course storage.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fear the shipping costs (especially with that Fin Fang Foom and Galactus) more than the price of the all-in, I think.

Oh, and of course storage.
Completely forgot about that. I'm in the UK so costs could be quite high, maybe I won't get the World War Hulk lol.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, part of me wants to just get the Omniverse pledge but there's a decent bit here that, while neat to have, would just make he game way too big and I doubt I'd use most of it. Plus I already have everything from the first two sets and big collections of Legendary, Champions, and Crisis Protocol and I'm left wondering just how many huge Marvel games do I need?

If they'd said this is the end of it I'd just get it all but I'll not be surprised if they wring one more campaign out of this.

Gonna need to think about this one a lot in the next couple of days.

Question for someone in the US, is sales tax charged on pledges?
yes

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Question for someone in the US, is sales tax charged on pledges?

I don't even remember paying taxes on any of my various Kickstarters, so I'll assume yes because you sure don't pay them when the campaign ends.

As soon as the KS ends, you are immediately charged the full price for what you have pledged, but not for shipping. That will be paid when the Pledge Manager opens (usually around 2ish months after the KS ends). For here in the states, I am estimating around $120ish for shipping FYI. That $50 savings is immediately eaten up by the exorbitant shipping fees. I believe the reason they even offered their largest discount ever on the all-in was strictly to try and balance/aleviat the stress of shipping costs.

Dude these stretch goals are sick. Knull, Man Thing, and another huge hero with Cassie?

I also wanted to point out that this shed she is growing out of also seems to be the same area that US Agent is hanging around. You can tell by the odd junk tires on their bases!

2beb9f00079b27e00155322c1d2d476a_original.jpg

2296db14677ce98a7b33a712c690c2b3_original.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
And here are some size comparisons of the bigger figures all collected in one spot (more for my convenience than any of yours!).

51c0450778d50ca84b72af5fd7d599f6_original.jpg

629ca0a6f3be2129fcec9d0cc60ff112_original.jpg

a42f9577de74c13ddfe1f39b552add71_original.jpg

53ad18172d1b2e141c066335eff685fa_original.jpg

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The large stature seems like an odd choice for such low on the totem pole character while other big guys didn't get such treatment.

The stretches are going in fast now, this could be the make it or break it for me, I was trying to avoid going in at all but depending on stretches...

Man, part of me wants to just get the Omniverse pledge but there's a decent bit here that, while neat to have, would just make he game way too big and I doubt I'd use most of it. Plus I already have everything from the first two sets and big collections of Legendary, Champions, and Crisis Protocol and I'm left wondering just how many huge Marvel games do I need?

If they'd said this is the end of it I'd just get it all but I'll not be surprised if they wring one more campaign out of this.

Gonna need to think about this one a lot in the next couple of days.

That's my issue, I went all in on the first KS, and I still got content from that KS that I never played yet even. Then I got a bunch of the stuff from the X-Men KS... and much of that hasn't been used either. So some of this stuff here I know is never gonna get used like Civil War sounds cool... but I doubt I would ever go through the trouble to set it up, as well as some of the other more complex elaborate sets.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
I'm so tempted to get the all in set even though I doubt I would ever play it. I just love those little figures and want to paint them all lol

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I have to admit its extremely tempting to go nuts getting all those expansion boxes, or even just saying 'screw it' and going all-in. I'm sitting here looking at the KS page thinking to myself If I actually can spare the room on my shelves for a 23cm Galactus figure, or if the Secret Invasion box might be fun, or if......

And then I remember that the KS promo box alone is going to contain 29 additional heroes, 9 additional antiheroes, 15 additional villains, and at least 1 of those figures is almost Galactus-sized anyway!

Me and a friend have done a pretty good job of picking our way through the base game and KS bonus content of the last campaign, but still have a lot left to explore (and for me to paint!). We might get through most of it by the time this one delivers, but no way will we see 100% of it, and that's without re-visiting stuff at higher difficulties.

A year can feel like a long time.... until it suddenly isn't.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Shipping on this one is normal unlike Marvel Zombies thank fuck. Time to All in.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shipping still says $0 for me, I wonder when it will be updated.