• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one are you more excited for?

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

• Marvel's The Avengers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of fringe-excited for both these games, not particularly for either, but I couldn't possibly decide which one I am more pumped for... maybe Avengers, because I know my friends are getting that, and co-op always makes shit fun? If they were also getting MAU3, then I'd go back to being confused about which one I am more looking forward to lol.

So, how about you: which one gets you going more?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the Marvel game I kind of want to play the most this year / next year is Iron Man VR

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Avengers easily because I like story more in my games. MAU3 just looks like a very low budget game. Avengers is looking more like Spider-Man PS4 and I value that far more.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Alliance and I don't even have a Switch yet. They did a really bad job showing off Avengers and I'm not a fan of modern Crystal Dynamics + GaaS.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Ultimate Alliance. It's practically a co-op institution for my friends and I so it's a buy even if it sucks. Thankfully, I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really hyped for either atm. Alliance looks boring to me, and Avengers is still mostly an unknown, but the character designs are pretty off putting

skillzilla81

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't shown any gameplay for Avengers, so I couldn't care less about it right now. MUA3 comes out next month, looks awesome, has an amazing roster, and is going to be tons of fun with friends.

Really easy choice.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
MUA3 for sure. Nothing about the Avengers trailer looked interesting and I think the approach they took visually/with the character designs was completely wrong.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I've seen so far? Ultimate Alliance. It at least it has characters I actually want to play as.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ultimate Alliance 3 feels like Mahvel

Square's Great Value Avengers feel like a bootleg MCU movie.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I know exactly what Ultimate Alliance is. I played it in 2006 and then in 2011 and sure, it's fun with friends, but I'm not going to get excited over more of that when it doesn't look to offer anything new or different.

I am excited for whatever Crystal Dynamics is cooking up, though. That team as a lot of talent. The trailer wasn't particularly fulfilling, unfortunately, but I'm still genuinely excited about finding out more. I'm all in for the tone they've set, love the touches of humor that were shown, and barring some face/hair/head visual issues think if they can keep that level of vidual fidelity in gameplay I'll be very happy.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not hyped for either but I'm more interested in playing the Avengers. I expect those designs will be tweaked.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I don't think I can choose one.

I feel like I don't even know what avengers is or how it plays exactly so I can't form an opinion? Hopefully they share more soon, but it has the potential to be fun despite the weird character models and destiny like multiplayer.

MUA has a fantastic roster but after watching that treehouse demo it is pretty clear that it's extremely repetitive and in the boss fights you can barely see your character (those character outlines whyyyyy)... the gameplay is just bad and stiff, not to mention that lack of customization/progress for the characters. Marvel Future Fight for mobile has better mechanics and plays/looks better than that which is pretty telling. :/

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been told that the ultimate alliance games are similar to the X-men legends games. so yeah that one

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ultimate Alliance 3 with ease.

Avengers looks derivative and ugly.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Not enough info on Avengers for me to get excited about it. I need to see what the multiplayer mission levels will be like and how you make upgrades, customize or build your characters.

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MUA3 and it ain't even close. It has a better Avengers cast with Kamala Khan, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and also includes the X-Men.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Team Ninja far more then I trust anyone at the western parts of Square Enix.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for a MUA sequel for yeeeears. So that.
Also, sadly, the Avengers game is looking disappointing. Maybe I expected too much from it, maybe there's a lot more to see, but right now, I don't really care for it.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I have never been that excited for Avengers, we still know very little about it and nothing they showed in the trailer makes it look all that appealing. Insomniac Spider Man made a much bigger impression right away.

Ultimate Alliance doesn't seem like something I would buy either but it is very faithful to the aesthetic and feel of the Marvel comics which makes it more appealing to me than Avengers' bland direction.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ultimate Alliance 3, maybe because I'll get to play it sooner, and because I've actually seen gameplay of the damn thing.