bid0

Mar 22, 2022
I doubt this is connected in any way to WandaVision beyond the title character being present, so I'm not sure why some people are saying this is coming out too late after that. Unless these title changes end up at WandaVision: Season 2.

I've almost finished playing through Midnight Suns and I would love this show to explore the Salem witch trials, or that period at least like we got briefly in WandaVision.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
That's why I didn't call it a joke

I mean it's clearly an attempt at a joke. Otherwise you wouldn't use a title like The Lying Witch With Great Wardrobe lol. I think the reason people aren't really getting it's a meta thing is it's not really that funny and it's not really for one of the big name shows. It's just kind of a wet fart, but maybe it'll pay off in some way with the show

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
I mean it's clearly an attempt at a joke. Otherwise you wouldn't use a title like The Lying Witch With Great Wardrobe lol. I think the reason people aren't really getting it's a meta thing is it's not really that funny and it's not really for one of the big name shows. It's just kind of a wet fart, but maybe it'll pay off in some way with the show
It doesn't have to be funny for it to be marketing. We've literally made a multi-page thread discussing it, which you are actively taking part in :) Mission accomplished from their point of view.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Agatha is an awful, awful character.

The fun character is the one she pretends to be; the sassy mom with the bad puns and big winks - that's not Agatha. That's Agatha, pretending to be someone else, to fit within a reality imposed upon her by another character. As soon as she drops the act - an act which would make zero sense to maintain without SW enforcing an extremely specific set of circumstances - she becomes incredibly boring. Ranting about power, energy beams, CGI costume, the whole nine yards. And she didn't even do anything! At worst she killed some made-up dog, and then it was her "all along". Siiiiiiiiigh

Everything about Agatha, from her character, to her powers, how she interacts with other characters, her plans, and right down to her irritating-I-know-it's-meant-to-be-twee-but-hanging-a-lampshade-doesn't-make-a-bad-thing-good intro song was awful. The entire back half of WV was awful. Or, I don't know, whatever episodes were after the Quicksilver intro. They were all actual trash. And that includes Agatha.

Last edited:

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
I genuinely don't get the hate.

Agatha is like one of two Marvel Studios things I'm actually excited to watch. The other being Blade.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
It doesn't have to be funny for it to be marketing. We've literally made a multi-page thread discussing it, which you are actively taking part in :) Mission accomplished from their point of view.

I didn't say it did. I was replying to a post that said they didn't understand why people didn't get it was 'meta' and I offered my belief as to why

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
I doubt this is connected in any way to WandaVision beyond the title character being present, so I'm not sure why some people are saying this is coming out too late after that. Unless these title changes end up at WandaVision: Season 2.

I've almost finished playing through Midnight Suns and I would love this show to explore the Salem witch trials, or that period at least like we got briefly in WandaVision.
The only reason most people would be interested in this show (and the entire reason it was made) is that Agatha was pretty popular when WandaVision was on. But these days, after so long, I think most people have firmly gotten off the Agatha train. So you have a spin-off show starring a breakout side character... who isn't the breakout anymore.

bid0

Mar 22, 2022
The only reason most people would be interested in this show (and the entire reason it was made) is that Agatha was pretty popular when WandaVision was on. But these days, after so long, I think most people have firmly gotten off the Agatha train. So you have a spin-off show starring a breakout side character... who isn't the breakout anymore.
It'll be okay they can watch WandaVision again for research.