• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Does Agents of Shield deserve a Season Seven

• Yes

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Most Definitely

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Wait, what happen to Six?

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Only if they include The Daughters of the Dragon

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Thor 2: The Ghost Rider

Votes: 27 26.2%

• Total voters

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Is Jemma the only member of the cast that hasn't a "power-up"? Mack as well unless you want to count the shotgun axe.

Daisy got powers
YoYo came in with powers and got robot arms
Coulson got his arm
Fitz got The Doctor (yeah he learned shit from that he didn't know before)
May got a power down.
No, Simmons got a whole power up episode.
When she was stuck on Maveth.
Still might be the best episode the show has produced.

Similarly, she powered up from Nerd to Double Agent by going undercover at Hydra.

Simmons is such a badass since those events.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of on team immortal right now. I get where Daisy and May are coming from, but they're both doing this while not consulting with anyone else on the team, and it leads to shit like Daisy running errands when the base is under attack. Mack is just throwing up his hands and saying he doesn't want to talk about it, and that seems like a good way to stay in a time loop. Like, they're dealing with some crazy, out there concepts, maybe listen to your science friends.

jaruuude

Mar 4, 2018
Wellington, New Zealand
Didn't Sif die offscreen in Ragnarok
The Warriors Three died on-screen, but no one really knows what happened to Lady Sif...they probably couldn't film her death as the actress may have been busy, meaning she probably did die too, just off-screen I guess?

Edit: Yeah, I briefly looked into this and saw that Jaimie Alexander was busy filming Blindspot, though they could have at least said something about her absence/possible death in the film.

Can't wait to see how everything gets resolved (more or less) in just two episodes...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sif is briefly mentioned as being exiled by Odin/Loki, if I remember right. So she's probably out there wandering the nine realms, trying to hook up with the remaining Asgardians after the whole Hela business.

She could definitely pop up on AoS, but if she couldn't have time in her schedule for Ragnarok... one of ABC's lowest rates series seems like a stretch.

jaruuude

Mar 4, 2018
Wellington, New Zealand
That's not in the movie iirc, he's misremembering, it's a Kevin Feige quote. He said something like Loki banned her because she's close to Thor and shit so she's somewhere else.
Oh, yes, I think I remember this...it was regarding when Loki was pretending to be Odin at the start of Ragnarok. Not sure if it was stated in the film or if it's just something Feige said bts.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Found the quote:

During a recent interview with Screen Rant, Kevin Feige was asked directly about where Sif has been hiding as of late. The producer admitted he had been getting questioned about the Asgardian's appearance.

"You're the second person to ask me that question today, and I will quote Maz Kanada from Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 'That is a good question for another time,'" Feige said.

Obviously, the producer didn't give much of a direct answer or confirm if Sif is even referenced in the film. There was no sign of Jamie Alexander on the set of Thor: Ragnarok to hint Sif would be involved, and the actress did say she hadn't heard about the project once production started to get moving. Fans do know the Warriors Three will play a role in the film, but Sif may not be on Asgard when Hela comes to play.

Still, Feige does have an answer for what happened to Sif in light of Thor: The Dark World. The producer got a bit chatty with CinemaBlend during a recent interview, and Feige directly told the site what happened to the heroine:

"What has Loki been doing on that throne in guise of Odin? And we always liked the idea that he was doing a good job! He was doing a good, but shortsighted job. The trains were running on time, but he wasn't paying attention to anything else going on in the universe or in the realms. ... So that was always one idea. And the idea that he would have to get rid of Heimdall, because Heimdall can see everything. That was an idea - and probably the Warriors Three, to discount them... which is probably an answer to a question I've been asked a few times today: Sif was probably banished. She's off somewhere."

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/16/thor-ragnarok-sif-appearance-cameo-kevin-feige/

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
"Fans do know the Warriors Three will play a role in the film"

heh

that is technically accurate

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Screenrant is going hog wild with Agents of SHIELD's connectedness, haha: Agents of SHIELD Has Rewritten The History Of The MCU

Screenrant said:
But here's the catch; this shocking revelation also transforms the history of the MCU. Because it reveals that, as far back as 2012, Hydra knew that Thanos was coming. This subtly rewrites every one of Hydra's acts in the MCU, from Project Insight in Captain America: The Winter Soldier to Daniel Whitehall's pursuit of Inhumans. This one little tie-in has subtly rewritten the history of the MCU.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about that. Hydra had a protection deal with the Confederacy, but that didn't necessarily mean they knew what it was they were seeking protection from. They just knew that extraterrestrial threats existed because they themselves have extraterrestrial roots.

If Hydra did know about Thanos specifically, then they would probably also know that the Confederacy wasn't actually willing to stand up against him.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for this to be over. Not that I don't like the show though. If it ends without a cliffhanger I'll probably drop it if it gets renewed.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have no idea how they'd write around the probable plot of Avengers 4, even more so if (as I suspect) they didn't find out about the ending of Infinity War until around the time it premiered. But the consensus from the upfront predictions seems to be that it's more likely than not to get a renewal, sooooooo

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because your unwarranted presumptions have no basis in reality and it's clear contextually that they've known about the IW ending and probable renewal since at least midseason and adjusted as such to incorporate them.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Because your unwarranted presumptions have no basis in reality and it's clear contextually that they've known about the IW ending and probable renewal since at least midseason and adjusted as such to incorporate them.

There are still two episodes left, and sure, I could be wrong, but how exactly is this "clear?" Literally all we've gotten is a couple characters talking about Thanos attacking Earth. There's nothing there you couldn't glean from the trailers or even a plot synopsis.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are still two episodes left, and sure, I could be wrong, but how exactly is this "clear?" Literally all we've gotten is a couple characters talking about Thanos attacking Earth. There's nothing there you couldn't glean from the trailers or even a plot synopsis.
spoilering to avoid IW spoilers but no direct spoilers
Future Yo--Yo's dialogue tells us exactly what's going to happen to Mack. They knew.
The entire season was set up as an option select. If they're renewed, season incorporates Infinity War. If they're not, it all takes place beforehand and they leave it out. This means they needed to know by at least midseason on which option they were taking.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, for anyone that read the comics (and likely anyone writing this show has), predicting the end of Infinity War was not hard. I was talking about this exact outcome in the OP for the show during Season 3 back on GAF - and how Shield would deal with it if it lasted that long. The writers just needed a few details on how it would be executed on the big screen and what visual direction they would take to aid them if they wanted to tie in.

If some idiot on a message board (that's me) was able to think ahead to this two years ago, I am sure the people running this show, who are much smarter than me, were able to do the same. It's not like Jed and Maurissa are some outcasts that people will not talk to. Jed's hair is not that bad that he needs to be hid away.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
To be honest, for anyone that read the comics (and likely anyone writing this show has), predicting the end of Infinity War was not hard. I was talking about this exact outcome in the OP for the show during Season 3 back on GAF - and how Shield would deal with it if it lasted that long. The writers just needed a few details on how it would be executed on the big screen and what visual direction they would take to aid them if they wanted to tie in.

If some idiot on a message board (that's me) was able to think ahead to this two years ago, I am sure the people running this show, who are much smarter than me, were able to do the same. It's not like Jed and Maurissa are some outcasts that people will not talk to. Jed's hair is not that bad that he needs to be hid away.

If it happens in the next two episodes, it's not going to be because the showrunners made a lucky guess based on the source material.

spoilering to avoid IW spoilers but no direct spoilers
Future Yo--Yo's dialogue tells us exactly what's going to happen to Mack. They knew.
The entire season was set up as an option select. If they're renewed, season incorporates Infinity War. If they're not, it all takes place beforehand and they leave it out. This means they needed to know by at least midseason on which option they were taking.

That seems like quite a stretch based on a few cryptic lines of dialogue that could just as easily refer to something that already happened (Yo-Yo losing her arms), but I guess we'll see.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
If it happens in the next two episodes, it's not going to be because the showrunners made a lucky guess based on the source material.

That seems like quite a stretch based on a few cryptic lines of dialogue that could just as easily refer to something that already happened (Yo-Yo losing her arms), but I guess we'll see.

It being that cryptic makes it perfect for covering both endings.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The trick is that she's not speaking metaphorically.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You didn't address how Agents of SHIELD is unlikely for renewal by predictors when the opposite is true.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
There's another option:
at the end they succeed on breaking the loop, but the whole team gets killed by the snap. The show doesn't return
until after A4
on Disney's new streaming platform

I do hope that never happens though.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Also, what's this speculation about the showrunners secretly knowing that the show is getting a renewal when ABC hasn't made any official decision yet? I could be wrong, but I don't think they usually find out before these things are announced to the world.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Also, what's this speculation about the showrunners secretly knowing that the show is getting a renewal when ABC hasn't made any official decision yet? I could be wrong, but I don't think they usually find out before these things are announced to the world.
Disney owns ABC and can prop up AOS as long as they want. If they're happy with it, it'll get another season.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Mostly caught up

Yo-Yo you fuck up
glenn baby what is you doing
deke you're just annoying at this point
simmons-fitz hyphenating their names backwards is the worst
you know who's also the worst? Daisy/Yo-yo. theyre both being idiots

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Between Daisy and YoYo I side with YoYo's had more valid points. Daisy's just "Why won't anyone listen to me? Oh wait I go on my own missions that jeopardizes the team in a very tense and difficult time."

Had Daisy been there, Talbot may not have needed to go Graviton.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Between Daisy and YoYo I side with YoYo's had more valid points. Daisy's just "Why won't anyone listen to me? Oh wait I go on my own missions that jeopardizes the team in a very tense and difficult time."

Had Daisy been there, Talbot may not have needed to go Graviton.
This also fits in with the "let coulson die" warning. Daisy goes off on a long excursion to find tools that maybe could keep him alive (Centipede and Mommy Corpse). When instead, she could have just been at base, and "probably" would have taken care of the Space Ninjas. I say "probably", if they would allow her to use more of her powers than they have been. She's been depowered for awhile now.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I must say tho, Yo-Yo killing Ruby was uncalled for tho. That was 100% her getting revenge.