• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
They've kept this same energy for decades. You think they wanted to allow cross play on their platforms?
giphy.gif
Just feels a little extra lately, you know what I mean?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe Sony paid CD to finish the story from Amazing Spider man 2. After all these years we will finally find how who won the fight, rhino or spider man. Been on the edge of my seat for years waiting.

May 10, 2018
Meanwhile SE/CD sitting back like
giphy.gif

This game has been getting shit on since it's reveal. Then "oh by the way Spidey is exclusive to the PS version

tenor.gif

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, no thanks, a BBC article that quoted two dissatisfied twitter users is not exactly an outrage. I'll take my guess that Sony's marketing team have done their market research over some BBC article or ERA's 15 pages of rage.

A friend of a friend told me Sony executives are reading this thread right now, sweating. So i wouldn't be so sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is what they originally had planned to close out the State of Play yesterday, but pulled it at the last minute because of the foreseen backlash. Maybe. It's a theory.

Unless they were going to reveal Spiderman it wouldn't have ended the show. Outside of Spider-Man this is a pretty standard "exclusive content" trailer

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I don't think Sony cares about the backlash. Avengers is a big name that's sure to reach beyond the gaming enthusiast bubble. I think we'll see Sony using this "Advantage" thing a lot more from here on out, and it's not even the first time. Mortal Kombat had Kratos marketed on the boxart.

mk9box-ps3.jpg

Yeah but I mean, thats a little different. Its Kratos, he was just a guest character. And he actually IS a Sony property.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
"if you've enjoyed this video smash that dislike button and unsubscribe, it really helps"

they are probably liking the press since this game has been a whimper since it was revealed.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I thought this was illegal.

That said excellent new tag line and well advertised.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Branding their moneyhats is such a hilarious flex that I actually have to tip my hat at the sheer audacity.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Is this how Nintendo in the 90s was like? I was a kid in the single digits ages throughout then so I'm curious. It's hilariously cut-throat.
Nintenedo were doing actual illegal things when they were the market leader, like threatening retailers to maintain fixed prices, which got them in big trouble with the FTC.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I can't even lie. That Spider-Man deal made me take a second look at this game. And I think it looks great.

Smart move by Sony, because he turns heads and makes people notice. Now, I hear that it's like maybe a better or more advanced MUA with loot like Diablo? Yeah, I'm jumping all over that beta.
Same here. I had zero interest. All the complaining made me look into this and now I preordered on Amazon just to try to beta. No intention of buying it....unless...

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Watching the vid only thing that I care about is the spider man thing. That skin thing might back fire if you are relying on impulse buying. Shit will be old new when it hits the majority of platforms lol.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Requiring customers on other platforms to pay the same price for less content will always be bad. However, this is not PS3-era Arrogant Sony. Arrogant Sony would be them saying "let Xbox have the extra content, people will want to play on our platform anyway because we're PlayStation."
They should listen to PS3 Sony. People would still choose PlayStation because they're PS and they would save themselves a lot of $.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
All I have to say is that I've been playing this for the last three hours and it's fucking brilliant. PlayStation securing an "advantage" deal with this game is huge. People on Steam / XBox will want to play this regardless of Spider-Man, I can assure you on that.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance with this beta out now and all the good word of mouth. The game is legit great. Plus thinking a Marvel game could fail is just a fool's wish.
All I have to say is that I've been playing this for the last three hours and it's fucking brilliant. PlayStation securing an "advantage" deal with this game is huge. People on Steam / XBox will want to play this regardless of Spider-Man, I can assure you on that.
Am I playing the same game?

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Branding this kind of shit is such a cynical fucking thing, I hope this entire situation blows up in their faces.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Am I playing the same game?

I can't speak to your experience but I'm hooked. The combat flows well enough and the characters included thus far feel diverse. I've had major fun playing as Hulk, Black Widow, and Kamala, three characters I have no attachment too at all. I thought I'd be Iron Man all weekend. I've got minor nitpicks here and there concerning the weight of the attacks and throws, but otherwise everything is great. Level/maps design definitely have a ton of polish, between the linear set piece levels and the open ended exploration levels. I'm sold on the concept of the game.

Joo

May 25, 2018
I don't think Sony cares about the backlash. Avengers is a big name that's sure to reach beyond the gaming enthusiast bubble. I think we'll see Sony using this "Advantage" thing a lot more from here on out, and it's not even the first time. Mortal Kombat had Kratos marketed on the boxart.

mk9box-ps3.jpg
Yep. Even though I'm not a fan of this kind of exclusivity, as it will go both ways at some point, these deals aren't going away at all and this "backlash" is still just noise.

Most people just do not care, and this kind of discussion is really only felt at forums like Era and on some random social media comments, now and especially in the long run.

The game is definitely going to sell and imo there isn't any way how this kind of deal could really backfire for Sony. It's only going to sell better on Playstation because of this.

It's not like they aren't aware how some of the enthusiasts will react, they aren't reading Era atm and thinking how did they let this happen. A deal like this just doesn't make a negative impact big enough to really have any downsides.

It's of course admirable, but mainly just silly how some people on Reddit are touting how people should gather around and boycott the whole game. The people who will ever participate or even read the whole thing are just a tiny, tiny drop of the whole user base and will make zero difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of funny some people think they shouldn't be advertising all of the exclusive content they paid for leading up to launch?

I get that it's shitty but the backlash hasn't been that severe and really outside of Spider-Man this is all pretty standard exclusive / early access type stuff. It's no worse than what they did with Destiny strikes.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of funny some people think they shouldn't be advertising all of the exclusive content they paid for leading up to launch?

I get that it's shitty but the backlash hasn't been that severe and really outside of Spider-Man this is all pretty standard exclusive / early access type stuff. It's no worse than what they did with Destiny strikes.

Destiny suffered from that deal more than anything, there is a reason Bungie stopped all of that as soon as they could.

Jun 23, 2019

Yeah, I came into thinking it was going to be Avengers meets Godfall, but it's actually really fun and well done. Hulk is a monster and the boss fights slap. I preordered my copy.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Era: We will boycott this game, looks and plays like shit anyway.
The public: Wow an Avengers game and Spidey if I get the PS version cool I pre-order.

Everything seems too suggest that this game will sell good if you look at pre orders etc.