• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

At least they're posting more information ahead of their upcoming info dump later this month.

EaUrIctU0AEcLDl

As for Captain Marvel, the costume looks close to her MCU counterpart. But Carol's hair style is unique to this game (at least compared to the MCU).

Source: Marvel's Avengers (Twitter)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I like that they brough the implication that marvel comics exists in this universe and does licensed comics about real life super heroes

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like that they brough the implication that marvel comics exists in this universe and does licensed comics about real life super heroes

I mean, that's true about the Marvel Universe in general. In fact, lawyers in the Marvel Universe use comic books as evidence...don't think too hard about that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember how in the throes of pushing Captain Marvel in the comics the Ms. Marvel name was just something thrown to a small creative team and they ended up creating the single greatest superhero character of the last decade.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool screenshot, the CM design is great. I really wanna know more about the game, now. The first trailer was really iffy for me, but I imagine the game has come quite far since then. Really looking forward to the info dump soonish, hopefully we get a lot more gameplay.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I'd be way more interested in this game if it was just a single-player action RPG where you're Kamala Khan.

Just literally Deus Ex Mankind Divided but Ms. Marvel instead of Adam Jensen. Gravelly superhero voice and all.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been keeping up with this game too much but have they implied anywhere that any other heroes exist outside of the core avengers? Just kinda weird seeing her bedroom decked out in nothing but thor/cap/hulk etc stuff when she's introduced in the comics as this super dorky kid talking about loving all kinds of heroes and writing wolverine and cyclops fan fics and shit, like I understand this is their version of mahvel but do we have any hope of seeing xmen or the defenders or anyone?

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
"But she's also a huge fan of rest of the Avengers..." ehhh she thinks they're okay. I knew they were going to do this to Kamala, but she was a crazy Captain Marvel stan primarily. "And the rest of the Avengers" is shoehorned in because Captain Marvel is not really in this game, but they still wanted to us Kamala.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Haven't been keeping up with this game too much but have they implied anywhere that any other heroes exist outside of the core avengers? Just kinda weird seeing her bedroom decked out in nothing but thor/cap/hulk etc stuff when she's introduced in the comics as this super dorky kid talking about loving all kinds of heroes and writing wolverine and cyclops fan fics and shit, like I understand this is their version of mahvel but do we have any hope of seeing xmen or the defenders or anyone?
I believe this game spent a solid chunk of its development during the infamous Fox ban, which kept the X-Men & Fantastic Four out of games. Perhaps it's been long enough to where they were able to move past those restrictions, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any mention of mutants or F4 characters until the game's post-launch content.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always chuckle at there being hulk merch in the comics.
The dudes on the avengers sure but he's also responsible for massive destruction damage

It's like if in the DC comics there was merch of the Joker or Harley quinn

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'd be way more interested in this game if it was just a single-player action RPG where you're Kamala Khan.

Just literally Deus Ex Mankind Divided but Ms. Marvel instead of Adam Jensen. Gravelly superhero voice and all.

Making a Avengers game single player only sounds like a waste of potential and a waste of the IP.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure is based around a real life pillow or something, but man that Hulk Pillow is weird. Like, not just the fact that you're sleeping on his screaming face, but that hair on the top too.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
I believe this game spent a solid chunk of its development during the infamous Fox ban, which kept the X-Men & Fantastic Four out of games. Perhaps it's been long enough to where they were able to move past those restrictions, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any mention of mutants or F4 characters until the game's post-launch content.
Damn! I didn't think about that but yeah that's mad disappointing if true, I'll stay hopeful that since Kamala is in that they'll throw in some more lesser known characters to spice it up( maybe some street level she hulk/daredevil/iron fist types) if not then yeah like you said might have to wait for dlc to get my Xmen fix.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Damn! I didn't think about that but yeah that's mad disappointing if true, I'll stay hopeful that since Kamala is in that they'll throw in some more lesser known characters to spice it up( maybe some street level she hulk/daredevil/iron fist types) if not then yeah like you said might have to wait for dlc to get my Xmen fix.
I could easily see them adding Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, & Beast as DLC, so here's hoping.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I noticed Kamala has a picture of her with Bruno Carrelli on her shelf.
EaVi36gWoAAH1Or

Also, Fraction and Aja's cover of Hawkeye:
EaUt_fxWAAcYQAQ
51UscWAlQyL.jpg

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Kamala has a framed poster of Cora Harper from Mass Effect: Andromeda hanging over her bed.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I dig the comic covers next to the "real world" stuff in there. Also that they're sticking to the pseudo MCU look for Carol, too, since it's basically Endgame but not quiiiiite Endgame.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed Kamala has a picture of her with Bruno Carrelli on her shelf.

Also, Fraction and Aja's cover of Hawkeye:
EaUt_fxWAAcYQAQ
51UscWAlQyL.jpg

I was just about to talk about how this game's anti-Barton slander is unacceptable but they had her frame the 1st issue of my favourite comic series ever so I guess I can forgive them

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird how they've not shown anything when it's so close. And what they have shown isn't impressive.

We didn't see true RE3 gameplay until like a month before release. That's not the only big game in recent years that's been treated that way either. Marketing has changed. They're probably going to pour it all out in August.

Jun 10, 2018
It's a game about the Avengers, but I don't see Spider-Man in it anywhere. Wouldn't make sense to have an Avengers game without him.

Aug 13, 2019
I always chuckle at there being hulk merch in the comics.
The dudes on the avengers sure but he's also responsible for massive destruction damage

It's like if in the DC comics there was merch of the Joker or Harley quinn
Well, according to Marvel, the Hulk hasn't killed anyone during any of his rampages, excluding any events in Immortal Hulk.