• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
these combats seem chaotic like I don't know what is going on

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm still not feeling this game, at all.
Reviews would have to be incredibly raving for me to buy this ngl

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Feels like Tales of Arise in a sense. Minus being able to directly control another character.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I was scrolling through the first video and accidentally landed on 4:45 which showed me a squeeze-through. Why do I hate squeeze-throughs so much?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda like Destiny meets Avengers. More shoot stuff with team than anything else, looks solid and slick enough but I don't think there is enough moment to moment stuff that I find engaging if you just go room to room and do that but maybe with friends it's quite fun just shooting the shit.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I'm eventually in for the visuals alone. Combat doesn't seem like it requires much skill..but that's ok.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it reminds me a lot of how I played dragon age 2, though not as stiff obviously lmao

Played as only hawke and gave commands the whole time to setup stagger combos etc. honestly the combat in that game was pretty great for my tastes

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
holy shit this looks terrible wtf

The huddle stuff is idiotic with how it just stops combat.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Combat looks slow and boring at least early in the game. Should have used vanquish as a gameplay template.

Honestly don't think this game will be good.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was very lukewarm on this game at first glance and now I think my interest is as low as it can go.

I don't know why exactly but this game just has zero appeal to me.

JoelShmoe

Jun 12, 2020
Sheesh. I know some of the journalists who played it early are giving it praises, but the videos aren't doing it any favors. I'm getting this feeling of dejavu where a game is praised early, only to end up a wet fart. Hopefully it's not the case here.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
People who played it seem to have liked the combat enough. Ghost of Tsushima played better than that state of play demo the devs gave which made it look rough and janky as a preview of the combat.

From the previews they said you're gonna have to rely on team commands to make it out alive instead of just breezing through with typical third person shooting.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
reminds me of a cross between an isometric rpg giving commands to party members and mass effect. i'm in day 1 because it just looks like a shit ton of fun and something unique for a change.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
People who played it seem to have liked the combat enough. Ghost of Tsushima played better than that state of play demo the devs gave which made it look rough and janky as a preview of the combat.

From the previews they said you're gonna have to rely on team commands to make it out alive instead of just breezing through with typical third person shooting.
It's also mentioned in the ign video in the OP, how the combat gets difficult if you don't utilize commands and fill gauges by swapping abilities

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like how... I dunno, bulletspongey the enemies look? It's Batman Arkham's freeflow combat system without the freedom or the flow. The character action approach only makes sense to me when the player is an active participant, not floating around on the sidelines unloading hundreds of bullets into each enemy.

Also that pep-talk thing will get so old so fast.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
This is looking like a surprisingly decent title, the art in the environments looks so colourful and the soundtrack is fun. Since we have such a drought of AAA games at the moment I'm pretty down for this.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I really don't like how... I dunno, bulletspongey the enemies look? It's Batman Arkham's freeflow combat system without the freedom or the flow. The character action approach only makes sense to me when the player is an active participant, not floating around on the sidelines unloading hundreds of bullets into each enemy.

Also that pep-talk thing will get so old so fast.

I don't think this is going for a character action approach; it's more akin to Xenoblade Chronicles or Final Fantasy VII Remake than the likes of, say, the Arkham games or even the Avengers game. An ARPG focused heavily on coordinating team skills, managing cooldowns and making the right choices instead of just doing a bunch of different combos as a single character.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but still be disappointed we don't get to play as Rocket/Drax/Groot/Gamora and only get to command them to do stuff. The guy in the first video compares the combat to FF7 Remake as far as commanding your teammates goes but in FF7R you can still play as the other characters too if you want. I feel like only playing as Star-Lord for the whole game will get tiring.

I'm probably still going to play this because I love GOTG but I do feel a little lukewarm on it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure about combat. Doesn't look all that great in the early game at least which blows because I like everything else I'm seeing around it. Definitely waiting on reviews with this one.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want to preorder on PC just for the DLC outfits. Never in my life have I done that but the dissonance with how they are kinda dressed like the Marvel characters would be so much easier to stomach if they were in entirely different looks.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so on the fence with this game. Definitely waiting for reviews as on paper this game sounds great but everytime I see videos it just feels a bit off.

I kind of want to preorder on PC just for the DLC outfits. Never in my life have I done that but the dissonance with how they are kinda dressed like the Marvel characters would be so much easier to stomach if they were in entirely different looks.

You can earn all the preorder outfits in game.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
the huddle will cut the momentum of the combat especially if your in the middle of a long battle

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God, the banter in this game is so bland and run-of-the-mill. Don't write nothing but jokes if you don't know how to write jokes.