• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
q9cfxrvjwgsoznpj1gsu.jpg

INTRODUCTION
Marvel's critically acclaimed televison series Inhumans is continuing down its path towards a legendary sweep of the Primetime Emmys. After its glorious run in IMAX theaters the show will now bless TV screens with its glory. No show in the history of TV has been as well received. Marvel and director Scott Buck; of Marvel's Iron Fist fame, bring viewers into the world of the Inhumans living on the dark side of the moon. We are shown the Inhuman Royal Family and the inter-family conflict between factions led by King Blackagar Boltagon and his brother Maximus Boltagon. Maximus, fueled by his anger from his terragenesis turning human as a child, steals the throne from his brother and promises to up end the Inhuman caste system. In the chaos from the coup Blackagar and his family are scattered across Hawaii. Forced in a world that they are not familiar with they must find both each other and away back to the Moon in order to stop Maximus and his mad plan.

CAST
Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Anson Mount as Blackagar Boltagon aka Black Bolt.
bad-inhumans.gif

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Iwan Rheon as Maximus Boltagon aka Max aka Ramsey Bolton.
inhuman-maximus.gif

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Eme Ikwualor as Gorgon.
tumblr_ox5vmyesUr1vo3326o3_540.gif

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Mike Moh as Triton.
inhuman-triton.gif

Future Winner of Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Ken Leung as Karnak.
inhuman-karnak.gif

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Serinda Swan as Medusa.
EnergeticGiftedCollardlizard-small.gif

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Isabelle Cornish as Crystal.
144f5729da795efc08d5e111d80b4067d1de0e3269d053a0a88a758229ec

Future Nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Ellen Woglom as Louise.
maxresdefault.jpg

Future Winner of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Sonya Balmores as Auran.
tumblr_oxbfi4fM0V1vfmsbyo1_540.gif

Future Winner of both The Toy Group and Best In Show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show: Lockjaw as Lockjaw.
tumblr_osbajpAmeo1w7d305o2_540.gif

EPISODES
  1. "Behold... The Inhumans"- Original Air Date: Sept. 29, 2017.
  2. "Those Who Would Destroy Us"- Original Air Date: Sept. 29, 2017.
  3. "Divide and Conquer"- Original Air Date: Octo. 6, 2017
  4. "Make Way for.. Medusa" - Original Air Date: Octo. 13, 2017.
  5. "Something Inhuman This Way Comes..." - Original Air Date: Octo. 20, 2017.
  6. "The Gentleman's Name is Gorgon"- Original Air Date: Octo. 27, 2017.
  7. "Havoc in the Hidden Land" - Original Air Date: Nov. 3, 2017.
  8. "... and Finally: Black Bolt" - Original Air Date: Nov. 10, 2017.
THE MEN WHO MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE
Future Winner of Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series or Movie: Scott Buck
scott-buck-inhumans-735x385.jpg

Jeph Loeb
loeb-inhumans-abc.jpg

WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING
Kevin Fitzpatrick of ScreenCrush- "The Inhumans went ... in ways you'd never realize a million-dollar production could go... It is ... Game of Thrones."
Liz Shannon Miller of indieWire - "Inhumans is legitimately the ... Marvel adaptation of the year (yes, even beating out Iron Fist). In fact ... you might have to go all the way back to ... 1994 ... to best it."
Andy Behbakht of TV Fanatic - "The performances are, overall, very strong; particularly from Mount, Swan, and Rheon. The characters and the main story are compelling enough that they make you want to see what's next."
Joshua Yehl of IGN- "Inhumans ... does ... live up to the Marvel brand. It is most definitely ... worth seeing in IMAX, and I ... recommend catching it on TV ..."

Rotten Tomatoes: You won't believe it!

ResetERA VIEWING ENHANCHEMENT DRINKING GAME

Do a shot:
  • When Scott Buck's name flashes on screen, for he is the founder of this hatewatch love feast; long may his television career last; praise be to his frugality and expediency
  • When Ike Pelmutter's name appears on screen, for he has thrust this magnum opus upon us from his throne atop Marvel
  • When Medusa's hair is cut (spoilersss)
  • When the Black Bolt "constipated mouthfart flips a car" scene happens
Take a drink:
  • When the show attempts a fight scene — take two drinks if it uses the lowest rent choreography imaginable
  • When there's bad Medusa CGI hair animation
  • When a reference to the wider MCU is seen or heard because #itsallconnected — take two drinks if it references the events of Agents of SHIELD, secret best drama on television for three seasons running
  • Whenever someone uses powers (the budget is small, so this won't happen often)
  • Whenever the word "inhumans" is said on the show, take a drink ("they said the name of the shooooow!")
  • When Lockjaw shows up because he's cute and the only redeemable part of the show
Join us this Friday at 9pm ET to watch this riveting piece of art and must watch prestige TV.

Credit to Danthrax and Penguin for making the rules for the drinking game back on Hala. If you guys changed your names during the long trip tell me so I can give proper credit.

Credit to Danthrax for making the OT back on Hala. I borrowed the format from there.

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Fun tidbit about the creation of this OT. I couldn't find a gif for Louise; who I think has been in every episode, but I found one for Triton who I forgot was on the show.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fun tidbit about the creation of this OT. I couldn't find a gif for Louise; who I think has been in every episode, but I found one for Triton who I forgot was on the show.

Probably because she was quite absent from the marketing trail. I think people just kind of stopped watching and creating gifs after the show aired.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My sides are gonna be in orbit if it ends up being that Marvel pushed these guys in the comics for years just for it to result in a show canceled after one season.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The "What the Critics are Saying" part is crazy. Does the show ever pick up? Does it connect to the greater MCU in any way? Is it better to just read the plot on Wikipedia?

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
egGbIBk.png

Sorry I wasn't fast enough to put the OT back up. I've been busy trying to ferry refugees to our new home. Glad we've got a place for tomorrow night's hatewatch.

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The "What the Critics are Saying" part is crazy. Does the show ever pick up? Does it connect to the greater MCU in any way? Is it better to just read the plot on Wikipedia?
It get better from the pilot but it could only go up. There have been references to the greater MCU but nothing like characters from other shows appearing. I'm not sure you will get the full experience from reading the plot on Wikipedia. There is no way reading about the fight scenes will be the same as watching all 30 cuts per scene.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back fellow Inhumans watchers. I won't say fans cause I'm not sure everyone likes it but we watch it anyway.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
https://deadline.com/2017/10/imax-c...ns-experiment-let-down-moviegoers-1202196112/

Imax Concedes 'Marvel Inhumans' Experiment Let Down Moviegoers

The saga of the screen adaptation of Marvel's Inhumans has finally gotten a public assessment, with Imax CEO Rich Gelfond blaming its disappointing reception, at least in theatres, on a "misalignment of customer expectations." Corporate-speak translation: movie ticket buyers realized they had paid top dollar for a TV show.

Box-office receipts of $3.5 million disappointed all involved, and the show drew negative reviews from critics.

Another experiment like Inhumans is not likely for Imax, based on Gelfond's post-mortem. "Going forward, we intend to take a more conservative approach consistent with the 'Game of Thrones approach' to capital investments and content," Gelfond said on the call. "We will be more conservative when considering whether to invest our own capital; and if so, to what extent."

Yeah, they paid top dollar for a bad TV show, too. Good job, Buck.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to forget this was tonight. I had wanted to go to IKEA after work but for some reason I feel compelled to watch this despite not really enjoying what am I doing to myself

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to forget this was tonight. I had wanted to go to IKEA after work but for some reason I feel compelled to watch this despite not really enjoying what am I doing to myself
You are enriching yourself by partaking in the splendor and glory of Scott Buck's latest masterpiece.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just hope Marvel won't stop publishing Inhumans books. They have actually been pretty damn good.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm behind with two episodes but I'm gonna catch up tomorrow when the new episode airs. I hope it has improved just incrementally at least. Probably not. Actually, I know the answer already.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Not to give Buck a pass, but it was doomed even before he came on board due to the incredibly rushed production schedule.

Yep. Buck isn't the main reason this show is so bad - the bulk of the blame has to be laid at the feet of whoever at Marvel decided to rush it out as quickly as possible (as well as hire Buck in the first place).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So, if these guys were sent to the mines according to the caste system because their Inhuman powers weren't all that great, exactly how are they supposed to be of much help in stopping the royal family?

Crmetteer

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this was tonight. Was going to watch Stranger Things 2, but I guess this is just as good....
/s

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
So, if these guys were sent to the mines according to the caste system because their Inhuman powers weren't all that great, exactly how are they supposed to be of much help in stopping the royal family?

Maximus said he expects them to die to make others hate black bolt more.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Maximus said he expects them to die to make others hate black bolt more.
Yeah, he did mention being fine with the outcome if that wound up happening. Seems like saying that within earshot of the psychic kid will come back to bite him, though. (EDIT: Ah, never mind, he already left by the time Maximus said that part).