Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbr.com

X-Men: Marvel's Strongest Omega-Level Mutant Gets a Familiar New Costume

An omega-level mutant's new wardrobe says much about this character's development.

Franklin Richards has recently been torn between two worlds: that of his family, the Fantastic Four, and that of his fellow mutants on Krakoa. As a teenager, finding one's identity is difficult enough without being caught between two of Marvel's biggest super-teams.

The latest issue of Fantastic Four furthers this internal conflict by presenting Franklin in the classic blue-and-gold X-Men uniform.

In the beginning of Fantastic Four #24, by Dan Slott and Paco Medina, Franklin is running late for a family dinner, celebrating Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters' recent adoption of the young aliens Jo-Venn and N'Kalla. When Franklin's mother, Sue, calls him, it's revealed that the young mutant is on Krakoa with the X-Men.
1093-X-Men-Fantastic-Four-Kitty-Franklin.jpg

Franklin-Richards-X-Men-1.jpg

Call him by his chosen name Avatar, Hyperstorm, Psi-Lord or Tatttletale

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Guarantee this is going to be something they use when the eventually bring in the FF and X-Men into the MCU.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say so. It's cozy.

Have you red any of the hickman stuff? Because that might change your mind.

He's why I'm tired of them but the preceding 15 years of comics hasn't helped.

When I finally get around to any of these books I'll probably stick with Kitty Pryde's Drunk Bisexual Pirate Adventures.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that mutant name part is just a joke because that's the worst kind of recreating real world examples in comics.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, the conclusión of FF Vs Xmen was a shitshow for the richards

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Does he need to dye his hair when he can warp reality to make that his natural hair color?
The reason why he's on Krakoa is because his powers after a story he's power running out

He's still has some power but only a finite amount and he never uses it except for emergencies and he can't do anything crazy

He's hoping xmen can help him regain power and he can become useful besides the mutant
Xavier also wants to gather all omega level mutants so has a vested interest in his power coming back

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Him and valeria along with their parents when the fantastic four wasn't a book were gone doing multiverse shit it turns out that they're been gone for years because time is weird in space so they're teenagers now
He was 5 for many many years (Illyana Rasputin, I believe she was younger than him, and now she is at least 3 years his senior).
During Future Foundation he was around 10.
Then after Secret Wars they were gone for many years and he could be 15-16.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, if I were Sue I would want to keep my kid far far away from Krakoa and the seemingly continual orgy that is going on there.

Heck his alternate universe self's girlfriend is there.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I am so tired of the X-Men.
Last time I went to the LCS was after 5-6 months of avoiding everywhere because of the pandemic, and I had this instant backlog to get through of stuff I signed up with because of hype.

You'd best believe, the next time I go ALL those X-Books have their heads on the chopping block. Scorched earth time for hickman and his little mutant cult.

mrjohill

Oct 25, 2017
ive only read a couple issue of teh xmen/fantastic 4 book but im not surprised. Reed did his son dirty