Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
After a bit more testing, I can now say that the RT reflections, like I suspected, are definitely worse than in Remastered and Miles Morales.

Look at this low poly shit.

qxFxZx.png

qxcuJA.png

And look at this RT ghosting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKH8s2AUAJw

I don't know what people were smoking in the Review and DF thread in the last view days but you could clearly already see it in the footage we had available if you had f'n eyes in your head. I don't why I'm always the only one seeing and realizing these technical flaws every single time beforehand while others constantly deny it cause "Reviewer/Youtuber X said so" or "It's just a Youtube Video", it's tiring.

It's not incredibly bad or anything, it could have been a lot worse, it's just not "better" as people stated, it's just clearly a big step down from the prequels, which is sad for me personally cause I loved the reflections in the last 2, they were so impressive.

Comparison to Miles Morales:

qu4pJ5.png

qu4OyT.png

Spider-Man: Remastered:

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20201122013954.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20201120111332.png

(Man, I should not have gone through all my old screenshots, it's ridiculous how much better these 2 games look in comparison to the new one overall, especially when it comes to lighting.)

The city in 1 and MM looks very flat and lifeless in comparison. I don't know how some can say it looks worse.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I just had a hilarious glitch where JJJ's body didn't render, only his head.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the RT section of the DF video, I don't think they had the same issues shown in the post above. Reflections on clean glass are sharper and they don't have that fizzle on walking NPCs. Seems like it may be a glitch for that user, maybe we will get more info soon

Feb 16, 2022
Game is so good so far about an hour in it's a joy to play. How are all of you saying the graphics settings are bugged? It literally tells you it's tied to system level settings.
It does? Weird, I didn't see anything like that. But I could switch between Performance and Fidelity just fine, no need to mess with my console settings at all.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a softlock where Miles was stuck in a wall, thank god for retry from checkpoint in the menu. Feels like the game really came in hot.

Feeling the game at the start being even more stop-start than the original. Really didn't need that flashback, just let me play man.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a buggy mess or is it just misinformation? The accounts it's coming from have me suspicious . Also how do I put this into 40 fps mode as that seems the best way to play?
Had one minor bug so far where Peter's bike took a dive into the road textures, but managed to pop out againg. Nothing else for me.

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just met up with Uncle Aaron. Game is great so far. Cutscenes do look a bit average, but general gameplay looks stunning.

I'm going with the mixed up difficulty settings of Spectacular preset, but Enemy Health is down to Friendly. Swing assist is at 0, fall damage on.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
I have not experienced any major bugs or crashes. Neither have any of my friends. Game runs great.

I have experienced one clear bug in one scene were subtitles did not match but it only last for like two sentences.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
I had a bug in the first random crime event where one of tue bad guys disappeared inside the sand and I could not finish the mission.

The visual in the opening area with all the
sand
reminds me of that shimmery kind of look that forbidden west had pre patch. If anyone recalls that? I'm playing in fidelity for what it's worth
Try reducing the sharpness and film grain

Edit: also make sure you are in fidelity mode, game has a bug that resets it to performance.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad someone mentioned the game progress at the system level on the PS5 is bugged because it said i was 17% done after I

Finished the sandman fight and finished the school flashback stuff with Peter and Harry

and I was like no way lol

Tamaa

May 16, 2021
LOL, (very early spoiler) Harry singing Never Gonna Give You Up in the high school got me

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I already restarted the game several times, tried numerous different reflective surfaces, all reflect like this.

qxyYl5.png

I don't think it's a bug, it's just worse RT reflections.
Yeah but i was talking about the npcs

They look so flat and with dead eyes…apart form the protags they all look considerably worse for some reason

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Just starting over having to unlock all of the abilities from Spider-man 1 and Miles Morales with zero story purpose for it, huh? That's a big bummer.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to pop in for a second and say the comic book background on the photo mode is going to take all my time in this game. Pure genius.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad someone mentioned the game progress at the system level on the PS5 is bugged because it said i was 17% done after I

Finished the sandman fight and finished the school flashback stuff with Peter and Harry

The main quest is 17-19 hour long lol haha i think is a bug too (i hope)

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Couple hours in and it's excellent; no bugs yet. Loving everything. I adore the "walk and talk" sections and the flashback sequences. I guess hot take, but having a break from the standard gameplay for these character-focused moments are the best parts of these third person narrative action games for me. It genuinely helps with the pacing.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
That intro mission was wild holy shit.

Im really sensitive to 30 fps on my LG OLED and even 40fps in Ragnarok was a no go.

But here, 40fps is really smooth, I'm super impressed. Will definitely stay on fidelity smooth with vrr vs performance.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
I'm sorry but New York in this game seems almost too "clean" too sterile in a way. It's better than what it was in 1 and MM but it doesn't give the same atmospheric feel that say Liberty City gives in GTA 4

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having to restart the game because I can't swipe to open the app….

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

It's absolute bugged. I put in 6 hours after midnight and when I closed the game I was at like 40% with 43 minuted played lmao. Just put in another 3 hours and now it's saying 58% with 53 minutes.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But the npcs quality aside, im having a fucking blast playing it
The set pieces are awesome (really top tier sony)

Bravo insominiac!

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Man the city feels alive. The opening hours are a damn rush, what a great setpiece.

2010 me would be shitting myself.

I love the upgrades so far they feel fun and add nice mechanics to the game. Still getting used to combat, for some reason my brain is getting slower at picking up mechanics. Getting old I guess.

I usually wait until dark to play since my OLED is in a bright room but fuck it I'm playing now.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
The game is great but the writing is corny, not so much the gameplay banter which can be fun but the cutscenes are kind of bad

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Swinging assist has a big difference between 0 and 10. I tried 0 first and every time I was close to the ground spidey loses the webs and starts running. It also feels noticeably slower. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

With assist on max you are very fast, spidey is doing acrobatics automatically, you don't release close to the ground.

Honestly not sure which I prefer more, I am leaning towards assisted but I'll try off a bit more. The description says physics play more of a factor with it off

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
The game is great but the writing is corny, not so much the gameplay banter which can be fun but the cutscenes are kind of bad
Yea I hate the constant chatter during fighting it's just annoying it's non stop when you think of it I turned the dialogue down to 3-4 level so it's not as easily heard then will wack it back up for the big story cutscenes

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
LG G1 OLED display
Performance + 120 Hz mode
Dolby atmos
(chefs kiss)

Though Insomaniac, I had to spend 45 min fiddling with my setup to realize you have an HDMI handshake bug with Dolby atmos on multi channel surround sound setups. It keeps flashing and refreshing the sound and HDR every few seconds, completely halting my gameplay. I had to turn off my splitter and plug directly into the TV to and eARC back to my receiver to get the sound and picture to calm tf down and stop

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Sony game plus a superhero game. Odds on nonstop annoying dialogue are going to be quite high.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Does someone know if the side missions are time-limited ?
I don't think they are, I kept a bunch unfinished because I wanted to get through the story quickly just incase some random youtube vid spoils something, and I feel like I'm on the final stretch and stuff from the beginning is still available.

I've had a couple of bugs requiring restarting checkpoints, and once needing to restart the game. Mostly prompts not appearing or getting stuck interacting with sidequest NPCs who seem to bug out and not saying anything and we just stare at each other for 5mins. Had my first actual crash just as I was gliding about the city.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
The black scheme on the advanced suit is soo much better, and i like the advanced suit.

Still got Miles in his original, I like that one a lot.

Also the swinging is much improved. It was fine in 1 and MM but if feels like it has a bit more weight here, plus all the new additions are nice, I love being able to catapult from anywhere. It's fun just to swing around now whereas it was just a means to an end before.

Nasu

Feb 11, 2021
Why is it that when I re-equip the spiderverse suits I always have to manually turn off the low frame-rate animations in the settings? Is there a way to actually turn it off permanently?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully you just mean close and reopen or restart from last checkpoint.

But if not we keep backup saves for you automatically so you can use the load game option and rollback a save or two vs having to start over

Oh yeah, close and reopen, not restart from the beginning!