shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That's all true, but I was speaking more so from the marketing standpoint. I misspoke in the original post. As far as I'm aware, he didn't have any appearances in the pre-launch marketing material so his entire inclusion in the game was a surprise.
Ok, in that sense I agree. It was rumored, there was the statue that leaked, but I dont recalall Otto being shown in any trailers prior. I seem to recall Digital FOundry catching a tiny bit of flack when they did their technical teardown at launch and showed him!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
why do we think this game series is ending in a trilogy? it's in Sony and Marvel interest to keep this going as long as they can.

The media world likes MARKETING things as trilogies. So they'll want to TREAT SM3 as the "epic third part of the trilogy" even if they have plans to move on and do a fourth game later.

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022
It looks AMAZING! Spider-Man stories are always some of the best in the superhero genre. October can't come soon enough.

Also, please change MJ back to her old look.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why do we think this game series is ending in a trilogy? it's in Sony and Marvel interest to keep this going as long as they can.
Traditionally Sony has given their series a break after 3-4 games. Spider-Man 3 would be the 4th game in the series counting MM. Its possible they keep it going for longer, but it would be outside the norm from what we've observed from the company over the years.

Kratheist

Jan 9, 2023
Colombia
This looks fantastic. Going dark from now on, I think they showed quite a lot and I wanna be surprised when I play it. See you around launch date, guys.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
didnt watched the trailer but this gen is really really divisive tech wise…

so many people saying visuals are insane while others saying is disappointing.

I don't remember anyone saying games like killzone shadow fall, drive club, the order, uncharted 4, Ryse, infamous second son were disappointing tech wise.
And the more impressive aspect is that when the gen progressed, at every new announcement, people still keeped being blowed away, with things like days gone, horizon, tlou2, god of war, rdr2, ghost of Tsushima, etc…

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I can't wait to try out the new wingsuit, it looks so damn fun.

Also I don't know why they feel the need to make bullshots, the game looks amazing as it is:

jO7wJSa.png

Slider comparison: https://imgsli.com/MTkzMjAz
yeah idk why insomniac keeps doing this

Oct 25, 2017
I mean hasn't this been obvious? Venom and Kraven are basically Mr. Negative and Kingpin. Green Goblin is the real threat. Book it. Venom will be done by mid to late second act.

I think Goblin is being saved for 3. Probably teased in this one further.

The game in the first gif literally comes out in 5 months

Is that actual gameplay of Avatar though?

I can't wait to try out the new wingsuit, it looks so damn fun.

Also I don't know why they feel the need to make bullshots, the game looks amazing as it is:

jO7wJSa.png

Slider comparison: https://imgsli.com/MTkzMjAz

Is it a bull shot if it's literally just some rain filtered into the image to make it more cinematic?

Was going to ask this. He looks more like his VO, no?

Same goes for people saying MJ looks older. They're just improving their tech the facial scans are looking more like real people not deliberately making them older.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Mysterio is mentioned several times in the 2018 game as being someone he's already fought, but I guess he could come back (from wherever he's chilling) for a third game?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't get more than an hour into the first one and never even tried Miles, but this looks a bit more interesting. You all think I can just jump straight into this one?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mysterio is mentioned several times in the 2018 game as being someone he's already fought, but I guess he could come back (from wherever he's chilling) for a third game?
I mean, who's to say he wont show up in this one? But if you look at the collectibles etc. from the first game, you have a few that werent in that first game mentioned:
Lizard, Mysterio, Chameleon, Eddie Brock (ok, not technically a villain... yet), Sand Man etc.

We know that most of Spidey's rogues gallery are present and correct in the game world already, Id imagine we'd see most of them over the next two games.

May 10, 2018
Didn't get more than an hour into the first one and never even tried Miles, but this looks a bit more interesting. You all think I can just jump straight into this one?
I would recommend giving the first game one more try. The story is one of the best when it comes to Spider-Man.

While I'm sure you wouldn't be completely lost if you started with two, the story from the first plays directly into this one as shown in the trailer for both Pete and Miles.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Well it'd be a bit odd to do so given it's a sequel and the gameplay's gonna be pretty similar at the end of the day... but at the same time it's Spider-Man, so if you already know about him, Miles, and his rogue gallery (Venom, Kraven, etc.) by cultural osmosis/comics/movies, I guess it's not a big deal.

I'd at least watch a decent recap before diving in.

Dunno why you couldn't get into the first one, but I'd definitely recommend playing Miles at least, it's a very lean game compared to the first title.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
What's so funny about these Spider-Man trailers it literally gets me to redownload the game and play a little bit lol.

Got me to download Miles after watching across the spiderverse lol

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Pretty hype trailer :o

Re: the faces, they all look pretty good imo. I was never attached to the old Peter's face anyway :P

MJ also looks good, it's just a change of hair style.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I'm more curious about the side villains. Hope Screwball stays in jail lol.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I would recommend giving the first game one more try. The story is one of the best when it comes to Spider-Man.

While I'm sure you wouldn't be completely lost if you started with two, the story from the first plays directly into this one as shown in the trailer for both Pete and Miles.
Well it'd be a bit odd to do so given it's a sequel and the gameplay's gonna be pretty similar at the end of the day... but at the same time it's Spider-Man, so if you already know about him, Miles, and his rogue gallery (Venom, Kraven, etc.) by cultural osmosis/comics/movies, I guess it's not a big deal.

I'd at least watch a decent recap before diving in.

Dunno why you couldn't get into the first one, but I'd definitely recommend playing Miles at least, it's a very lean game compared to the first title.

Gotcha, thank you. "It's fucking Spider-man" was exactly what I thought lol, I've seen the films and I know the bad guys and so on, but on the other hand, I already have the first game (and maybe Miles, I think it was inlucded in some PS+ thing at some point, at least?) and the next one is a) not out yet and b) fairly expensive so might as well give the first one another go!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Hairstyles can change a lot about how a person's face shape appears.
Not to mention that a higher level of fidelity can make the same character look different even if it's the same person's face being used. Take Aloy for example. She looks far more like her real life counterpart in the second game, and more realistic in general.
horizon-forbidden-west-vs-horizon-zero-dawn-comparison-2.jpg

Senua looks different in the second game too for the same reasons. And Peter looks so much more natural than in the remaster or Miles Morales
Just for comparison's sake of what they looked like on PS4:

View: https://youtu.be/s5zJBzRmfT4?t=1226

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha, thank you. "It's fucking Spider-man" was exactly what I thought lol, I've seen the films and I know the bad guys and so on, but on the other hand, I already have the first game (and maybe Miles, I think it was inlucded in some PS+ thing at some point, at least?) and the next one is a) not out yet and b) fairly expensive so might as well give the first one another go!

Yea the first game was great, and I rate the story very highly, better than all the movies aside from maybe Across the Spider-Verse. Miles Morales' story is not as great, but it excels with it cutting out a lot of the padding the first game had on top of Miles being more fun to play as so I liked it more as a game. And yes, Miles Morales is available through PS Extra if you have that.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
honestly, if you are already into the spidey gist, i would just play miles. infinitely better...everything. combat, traversal, visuals. i wasnt that sold after playing sm 2018 but after miles i instantly saw how much insomniac knew what they were doing

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is it a bull shot if it's literally just some rain filtered into the image to make it more cinematic?

Extra rain drops and particles, water splashs at the bottom, extra detail on his mouth, lens flairs, halo lighting around the edges on venom, image sharpening, film grain & colour tuning? Yes I would call that a bullshot.

But like I said I don't know why they bother when the original looks fine as it is.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
The MJ reaction is a great reminder for why the "she took her glasses off and let her hair down" thing is so easy to parody.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
My biggest hope is that the game has some meat other than main quest that isn't filler trash but I'm not holding my breath.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Not to mention that a higher level of fidelity can make the same character look different even if it's the same person's face being used. Take Aloy for example. She looks for more like her real life counterpart in the second game, and more realistic in general.
horizon-forbidden-west-vs-horizon-zero-dawn-comparison-2.jpg

Senua looks different in the second game too for the same reasons. And Peter looks so much more natural than in the remaster or Miles Morales
Just for comparison's sake of what they looked like on PS4:

View: https://youtu.be/s5zJBzRmfT4?t=1226

If you look at Remastered MJ, you can see a faint expression line on her right (for her) cheek. The lighting and her freckles hide well any other expression lines. That's not the same with SM2 MJ, now the lighting and shadows make her expression lines very apparent and what I assume is make up hides her freckles and make her face a bit reflective. Everything looks to be the same shape and size, except for the chin. That's what I'm seeing at least.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Excited for whenever it comes to pc, still don't like petes new face though. Harry, mj and miles look good

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The building in the background isn't on fire and the rain is more pronounced but that's about it. Maybe the screenshot is a newer build?

There's a bit more detail added than that but I was thinking the same thing, it's definitely a possibility. If it is taken from a newer build then it might've also been taken in Photo mode with some added effects like film grain, sharpening & saturation. Whether or not it's a newer build or just a bullshot I don't really care though cause I know the game's gonna look fantastic either way.