• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not.

We had a separate team concepting on these in parallel with the main team but full scale work didn't really start until a few months ago.

And that team concepted it based on what they wanted to see in the game

I know you need to explain it, but some people won't listen to facts. They are so dead set on hating this that even using common sense is out of the realm of possibility

CoL

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, so a 20 hours game, yet DLC is pretty much ready for release before the game, not a fan of this, clearly seems like locking content behind to double dip on customer's wallets. I bet it will be a fantastic game but this leaves a sour taste.

Oh CDPR how I miss you.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
People are still going with this "cut content" nonsense in this day and age? Where the fuck have some of you been the last 5 years?

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish publishers would treat me like an idiot and hide their dlc plans until the game is out.
I wish the press release didn't spoil that Black Cat doesn't even show up in the base game.

I mean, I guess it saves me the effort of spending a dozen hours swinging over New York scooping up Cat drops, but I'd rather have this integrated into the base game instead of add on episodes.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'm about to purchase the game. I'm deciding between deluxe and standard. Knowing what is coming sways my decision.

You don't have to spend more money. You apparently didn't know about this content before now and were fine spending money based on what you've already seen. This allows you to make an informed decison.

How is this bad?

DLC to me implies the game isn't exactly what you wanted if you feel the need to add to it later. That's just me. The only reason I'll own this DLC is because the console comes with it I believe.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Dang, so a 20 hours game, yet DLC is pretty much ready for release before the game, not a fan of this, clearly seems like locking content behind to double dip on customer's wallets. I bet it will be a fantastic game but this leaves a sour taste.

Oh CDPR how I miss you.
The game is 20 hours of story content, what does the DLC have to do with that number. We dont know how long it is with side content

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for DLC, but the pricing is gonna be downright ridiculous, as far as I can tell. How long will these be, collectively?

It's $24.99 in America for a season pass, so I bet the UK version is gonna be something ridiculous like £20...

If it's like 10 hours or so of content then that's okay. but it all coming out that close together sends off alarm bells to me.
The pricing is a bit weird. The normal digital edition in the US costs only $60, here in Germany it costs 70€. However, both price the deluxe edition at 80. So a $20 increase vs 10€. Perhaps this means the pass in the EU will be 15€? If the pass costs 25€ then the deluxe edition would definitely be the way to go.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
The pricing is a bit weird. The normal digital edition in the US costs only $60, here in Germany it costs 70€. However, both price the deluxe edition at 80. So a $20 increase vs 10€. Perhaps this means the pass in the EU will be 15€?

Agreed. I hope it costs around £14.99, but i'm not too fussed really. I'm just tired of being fucked over by prices sometimes.

If the game's as good as I believe it to be, I'll dip obviously. I'm definitely curious as to how long each one will be. Is this something you can disclose, jstevenson? :o

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Silver Lining, huh? Is Silver Sable that important to Spidey overall? It feels like someone is pushing her super hard these days.

Would much prefer a Mysterio DLC...ah well.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Here's what all devs should do to appease the skeptics. Just leave your finished DLC sitting on the shelf for 3 months and don't say anything about it. They'll think you were working on it the entire time and will be happy!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
DLC to me implies the game isn't exactly what you wanted if you feel the need to add to it later. That's just me. The only reason I'll own this DLC is because the console comes with it I believe.

There is a ton of stuff you never even know about that is cut during development for time constraints, lack of manpower, not enough in the budget, or maybe it just didn't work as planned. Are people supposed to freak out at From Software after seeing all the cut content from Bloodborne that is only now being revealed because the game is getting datamined to Hell and back? No game is ever what the develoeprs exactly wanted to be just like any movie production, TV show production and so on.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why not save one for when the new movie comes out?

That's almost a year away. Seems smarter to release additional paid content as close to the original release, when the game is still fresh in people's minds, as possible to maximize visibility, and prevent people from flooding GameStop with used copies.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
Stop playing, ya'll knew about the dlc when they announced the pre orders for the game.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Silver Lining, huh? Is Silver Sable that important to Spidey overall? It feels like someone is pushing her super hard these days.

Would much prefer a Mysterio DLC...ah well.

Silver Sable featured pretty prominently in Ultimate Spider-Man, and it was pretty cool. :P

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why not save one for when the new movie comes out?

That's almost a year away. Seems smarter to release additional paid content as close to the original release, when the game is still fresh in people's minds, as possible to maximize visibility, and prevent people from flooding GameStop with used copies.

I know personally, if I really like a game I'd prefer extra content as soon as possible, as opposed to months and months down the line when I will like I have moved on to something else.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Nope, would you work for free?
No but if it's not free, I wouldn't announce it before releasing the main game. I wouldn't release the DLC after 1 month.

I'm excited for Spider-Man and think it's going to be a very good game. But as I said, I'm not a fan of early DLCs.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally more informations about the DLCs / the season pass. Can't wait! September 7th baby!
No but if it's not free, I wouldn't announce it before releasing the main game. I wouldn't release the DLC after 1 month.
I wanna know what I will get for my season pass and would rather not wait months and months until some news drop.

Oct 25, 2017
Stop playing, ya'll knew about the dlc when they announced the pre orders for the game.
Have a hard time believing anybody saying otherwise it's right there on the store, you trynna pre order from amazon,Best Buy, GameStop etc it's right there as an option deluxe edition. It's been know for so damn long. We've even know the first was black cat for awhile. Most of the ppl in here are regular posters idk how u couldn't know

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I'll probably get it down the line but that's just to close to RDR2. Also, I don't like this idea to have dlc dates announced before the main game even releases.

Spoiler alert: Almost all games with DLC know when it's coming out. Just because they don't publicly announce it doesn't change anything.

Horizon Zero Dawn came out in February 2017, and the first trailer for the Frozen Wilds was just a couple months later at E3. They almost certainly knew at launch that the DLC would be coming out in October. They just didn't tell us.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It's not.

We had a separate team concepting on these in parallel with the main team but full scale work didn't really start until a few months ago.

And that team concepted it based on what they wanted to see in the game

I don't understand the statement, it's 3 new suits for the DLC The Heist or 1 new suit per DLC ?

Nov 11, 2017
Not a fan of this, I'll wait to pick this up i woulf have rather they included this in the main game and built a massive expansion instead of releasing unfinished content a month after

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I'm excited for Spider-Man and think it's going to be a very good game. But as I said, I'm not a fan of early DLCs.

Why not? What is wrong with it other than the dated perceptions of a small vocal minority?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It's a valid question? Some developers include post release modes, quests and cosmetics for free and only charge for huge chunks of content that they make post release instead of before releasing the game?

https://www.engadget.com/2014/11/06/witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-includes-16-free-dlc-packs/

TW3's free DLC for the most part is just minor. A couple quests and then costumes, hairstyles and New Game+. They're certainly nice, but the meaty story content for TW3 was sold separately as DLC.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I would announce it before the main game since this is a time when most people are paying attention to the game and making the decision on purchasing.

Like me.

This pushed me closer to getting the Deluxe edition.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Too close to launch. I really dislike this since i very rarely buy DLC.
its cut content sold in a season pass, like it or not.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even If another team was developing along side, in the past the developers would make more content inside the game then when the game is done, start the DLC.

When you have this developed along side with the game It feels like cut content, or that the developers on that team could have made extra stuff in the main game, but instead they were making dlc when the main game was being developed.

I have a pre-order on the game, and that Will not Change, but i don't like this even If i like insomniac games.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
We've known about the DLC since summer.

I'd like to know what it is in it before the game launches.

If the game has looked awesome for you before now, then this shouldn't change anything since, you know, there's a season pass and we knew this stuff was coming.

So, because they already "told us that DLC exist long ago" means that I can't be against this practice?

Look I like the game and probably gonna follow up after seeing the reviews and gameplays(trying to hold my hype is hard but anyway). It doesn't mean I have to support this lol

You think they code until the day the game releases and magically produce blu-rays out of nowhere? Version 1.0 of any software has a set specification and content that ships with it, and that's what you're paying for. They don't drop all work once they finish version 1.0 though, they need to keep their jobs, so they work on the next set of features (DLC) which usually happens even before version 1.0 hits the shelves. It's not rocket science and they aren't screwing anyone over.

Dude no offense, but I don't care. I'm not a fan of this practice.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
I just never really think of her as a key member of Spidey's supporting cast. Felicia, sure, but Sable?

I'm just gonna stay salty over Mysterio for a while.

Yeah, I get you. Mysterio is one of the best Spidey villains, for sure. I think Sable's less well-known, perhaps for the reason you stated. She's great though, imo.

Finally more informations about the DLCs / the season pass. Can't wait! September 7th baby!

I wanna know what I will get for my season pass and would rather not wait months and months until some news drop.

This is the right attitude. All I wanna know is the price for the UK. I'm already getting the standard edition cheaply. :)

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Oh CDPR how I miss you.

The main game went gold a few weeks ago. And they've probably been setting aside a little time to work on DLC and probably had the voice work done. But what do you think the bulk of their work in August, September, and October will be?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
This reaction is why devs and publishers NDA the industry to hell and we never get real good early looks. Like I think the basic concepts of time are even foreign to some people in here. Is it such a shocking development that they could have one team working on the main game and it's ready at one time and they have another team working on another thing and, WHAT!!, it's ready at a different time, holy shit, the revelations never end. Just the most basic concepts around projects are like eldritch truths.