Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be the first game I platinum. And that too just because I'm going to be spending so much time in the game that it will happen naturally.

Are their any difficulty options?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I caved. I've watched it twice now and will probably watch it again a couple more times. Love the concept of the trailer, clever way to talk about and show off some of the activities! Especially love the swan dive and sight-seeing parts.

I also really like Jonah's voice now!
No problem! I doubt the GIFs I make will be as impressive once the game arrives, since I don't believe I'll be able to manipulate the camera like that. It should be fun either way.
Aww, that's true... but hey! Who knows, maybe the game will naturally make some stuff look good. Or maybe you'll figure stuff out yourself!
They could honestly title the slogan as just 'Greatness' for this game and nobody would argue against it.
Damn straight they wouldn't!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I think the developers cemented themselves as great when they said their favourite Spidey game so far was the Neversoft PS1 game. So good.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Trailer is really good!
The momentum looks off to me though, especially from that high dive, but I'll have to wait until I experience it myself.
There's a lot of jarring momentum-breaking weirdness going on in the traversal in general. That's just the way it's designed.
Everyone and their mother needs to be able to do look cool instantly. Practice is for chumps. Another sacrifice on the altar of accessibility.

I mean, it looks cool. I'll buy it. It's just that coming from Spiderman 2 I'm a bit disappointed about how afraid they are of penalizing you for sucking.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
got a few games to get through before this comes out

Definitely gonna go hook up my PS4 Pro to my parents' lg OLED the first time I fire this up

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
"With great power there must also come great responsibility."

I'm so glad the quote is said in full here in the game. I wonder if we'll actually hear it in the game proper.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Couple of medium quality gifs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Okay, I caved. I've watched it twice now and will probably watch it again a couple more times. Love the concept of the trailer, clever way to talk about and show off some of the activities! Especially love the swan dive and sight-seeing parts.

I also really like Jonah's voice now!

Aww, that's true... but hey! Who knows, maybe the game will naturally make some stuff look good. Or maybe you'll figure stuff out yourself!

Damn straight they wouldn't!

The games I've captured normally make it easy to make a cool looking gif since they just look so good naturally. I doubt this game will be any different. Insomniac are great developers, and I really need to play more of their games!

I love the addition of Jonah in the game. Seeing him in 90s series and in Raimi's trilogy and now this is super cool. Honestly cannot wait for this game, especially since I've got little to play right now. :/

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The games I've captured normally make it easy to make a cool looking gif since they just look so good naturally. I doubt this game will be any different. Insomniac are great developers, and I really need to play more of their games!
I've only played Spyro as a kid, then Ratchet and Clank (2016) from the PS+ IGC... they're both awesome. Really loved the latter! This is definitely gonna be there best work yet, I'm so excited! R&C 2016 really got me excited for this back then. The gadgets and progression were just so damn good. And the humor was perfect!
I love the addition of Jonah in the game. Seeing him in 90s series and in Raimi's trilogy and now this is super cool. Honestly cannot wait for this game, especially since I've got little to play right now. :/
I'm the opposite, I've got too much in my backlog... but I don't feel like playing them at all and just want August to be over already! At most I play a run or two of Dead Cells, but that's about it these days for me.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I've only played Spyro as a kid, then Ratchet and Clank (2016) from the PS+ IGC... they're both awesome. Really loved the latter! This is definitely gonna be there best work yet, I'm so excited! R&C 2016 really got me excited for this back then. The gadgets and progression were just so damn good. And the humor was perfect!

I'm the opposite, I've got too much in my backlog... but I don't feel like playing them at all and just want August to be over already! At most I play a run or two of Dead Cells, but that's about it these days for me.

I've got R&C in my library to be fair. Maybe I'll play it after Spider-Man and before RDR2, but I honestly didn't know they made Spyro as well. That reaffirms the faith I already in them lol.

It's weird how we both are in different situations, but we just wanna play Spider-Man lol

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this game is as good as it looks.

Question: In the first gameplay showing there was a very Arkham esque section where Spidey was stealthily taking our armed baddies. I know there has been tons of gameplay shown since then, but I haven't been watching it much. So are those sections still in, and a big part of the game? Arkham has very obvious brawler sections and stealth sections. Similar thing here?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game is as good as it looks.

Question: In the first gameplay showing there was a very Arkham esque section where Spidey was stealthily taking our armed baddies. I know there has been tons of gameplay shown since then, but I haven't been watching it much. So are those sections still in, and a big part of the game? Arkham has very obvious brawler sections and stealth sections. Similar thing here?

Yeah they're still in there. Some are just part of the open world stuff and some are directly related to story missions.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I've got R&C in my library to be fair. Maybe I'll play it after Spider-Man and before RDR2, but I honestly didn't know they made Spyro as well. That reaffirms the faith I already in them lol.
You should definitely give R&C a go! It's so good. I didn't know about them making Spyro til a few years ago, so that was a really cool surprise, especially since I think I found out when Resistance was still alive and kicking. Huge contrast between those two franchises.
It's weird how we both are in different situations, but we just wanna play Spider-Man lol
We all just wanna play Spider-Man!
Yup! As with the Arkham games, you also have the option to simply stealth your way through certain sections or go in spider-guns (I meant "guns" as in Spidey's biceps, by the way) blazing.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's Manhattan only but it's quite large

spider-man-ps4-world-map-tease-1024x576.jpg
Is it weird that I look at this and feel "man I wish there were a ton of more activities/collectables on the map"?

The traversal looks fun as hell in this game. Give me more reason to swing around the city Insomniac. Please.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I look at this and feel "man I wish there were a ton of more activities/collectables on the map"?

The traversal looks fun as hell in this game. Give me more reason to swing around the city Insomniac. Please.
As filthy casual(as reset would call me) that loves his Ubisoft games I feel you. Make that map unseeable baby! Give me all the collectibles, towers, camps whatever. If a game fun of course I'll do all that stuff

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

I believe they said before that they've not shown all the activities available so far. That, and not everything is unlocked from the get-go. You'll unlock certain activities as you progress in the story, so I think it's possible we were purposely not shown a lot in this particular example.

Oct 27, 2017
Every few weeks i keep thinking "oh i don't need spider man ON 9/7, i will already be playing shenmue and kiwami 2, i can wait" and then i see a new trailer and i'm Like "fuck i need this game"

It's going to be a close call for me. If i don't get it day one i'll just wait for Black Friday or a sale. Something tells me this will be near GOW huge for PS4 this year

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As filthy casual(as reset would call me) that loves his Ubisoft games I feel you. Make that map unseeable baby! Give me all the collectibles, towers, camps whatever. If a game fun of course I'll do all that stuff
Yeah man. Shower me with collectables and all sort of enemy hideouts/camps/challenges. I'll happily do every single one of them.
I believe they said before that they've not shown all the activities available so far. That, and not everything is unlocked from the get-go. You'll unlock certain activities as you progress in the story, so I think it's possible we were purposely not shown a lot in this particular example.
Good good. I hope there are a lot of stuff missing from that pic then,

P.S: I just rewatched Spider-Man Homecoming last night. The hype is too real.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this spoils everything from sidequests to collectibles and easter eggs from the mcu? Want to watch just for open world gameplay like swinging.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I missed this trailer yesterday. Holy cow... this is INSANE!

giphy.gif

I ALMOST CRIED WATCHING THIS TRAILER ... JESUS!

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So is this the whole of Manhattan for the map?

The screen map shows just the part available in the demo for those who played at E3 for example

I don't think there is a screen of the whole map
But you can find a video where someone show the whole map and it's huge and dense !

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of jarring momentum-breaking weirdness going on in the traversal in general. That's just the way it's designed.
Everyone and their mother needs to be able to do look cool instantly. Practice is for chumps. Another sacrifice on the altar of accessibility.

I mean, it looks cool. I'll buy it. It's just that coming from Spiderman 2 I'm a bit disappointed about how afraid they are of penalizing you for sucking.
We know there are numerous movement upgrades. I'm hoping a later one, or maybe a setting, will allow for really high momentum movement