• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Just finished watching. I want to invite everyone at Insomniac a glass of beer. Amazing stuff! They really upgraded the game rather than downgrading. This guys are a true example to follow on the business. Also DF as always being great with their analysis videos.

Sigh I just wish I could afford a PS4 Pro and the game right now.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Indeed. The overall look of the game was filmic the warmer tone and changes to the suit makes the look less realistic.

Having read your post and the other, and going over things, I do get where you're coming from. Lighting improvements aside, I think what you're referring to is the addition of some sort of colour grade, of what looks like a sepia or warmer tone of some kind. It makes some scenes look far more cinematic and punchy, bringing out certain colours, and totally giving an element of richness to sunsets and warm hue skylines. However, at the same time, I do agree it is also too obtuse at times. It often ends up making sky hues and tones look straight warm, muddy and yellowy instead of a more brilliant or clear white.

Personally I think the perfect colour grade would have been a perfect medium somewhere in between the retail and the 2017 demo. The latter is too cool and at times even a tad washed out, whilst the final build is at times too aggressively warm in its grading, giving a slightly artificial hue to certain things.

I wonder if this is something Insomniac will ever tweak or allow us to tweak ourselves. A simple colour grading filter would do the trick.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
the lighting on the homecoming suit is insane, it looks just like the movie:

DmSonX8UUAAYmNc.jpg:large

Now I wish I had a pro...

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Dips on pro are disappointing but the game still looks incredible. Can't wait to play it

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I have a base PS4, so all I really cared about was the framerate. I knew it wouldn't be 60, so I'm glad it's holding a mostly steady 30.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus H Christ....the guy who got called out for not understanding ambient occlusion by Digital Foundry is doubling down

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of the character artists of the game just tweeted images of one really funny and unexpected suit that he modelled. It's really something, lol. Apparently you will have to complete the game to 100% to get it. So most unfortunately won't.
Not saying more, because many would probably consider it a spoiler.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
The 'puddle gate' thing is one of the funniest things ive seen on the internet lately.

Glad places like digital foundry exist

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Would've liked an unlocked framerate option on my pro like God of War had, but I'll get over the 30fps when I get into it.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
The guy is picking that one part of the video out of a half hour full of the highest praise and holds it up like a flag, calling victory? Does it get any more pathetic? XD

Thanks Dark1x for the detailed analysis, this was the one review I was hoping to see, didn't need any regular reviews. So much win on the technical level, more than i hoped for. Great times. Those engine guys deserve a huge bonus.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe you people are going to turn off this mortion blur. I know some games it looks not as good but this looks awesome.