• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With ME:A basically a dead game (with the exception of a few interesting mods) and the series assumedly on indefinite hiatus there is not better time than to take another look at ME3 on PC

Firstly the ME3 Deluxe edition is currently in the Origin vault which contains the majority of ME3 content with the exception of SP DLC but all the MP content.

SecondlyXbox controller supporthas been reversed engineered and added to the game in both SP and MP (Minor limiation only one can be installed at a time but easily swapped)

Theres also a host of other cool and useful MP and SP mods such

Multiplayer player

Full experience

Many items are added back into the game:
  • Original Firebase White and Original Firebase Glacier are available
  • Seven additional testing maps are available
  • Original pre-retaliation wavelists are available with original enemies (e.g. no stomp marauders)
  • New gear: Vibration Damper (improves weapon stability)
  • New consumables: Polonium Rounds I/II/III/IV (damage over time based on input damage, not detonatable)
  • New weapon: Chakram Launcher (Assault Rifle with exploding discs that can be charged)
  • More Store Items: Over 40 new packs in the store (all packs visible)

But the big draw currently is 2 huge mods

Mass Effect 3: Rejection
Add's a brand new MP faction to fight against "The Rejects" Featuring 9 new enemies in a brand new wavelist, you'll be fleeing as the Rejects rout you out!

Mass Effect 3: Redemption
Mass Effect 3: Redemption brings 6 new war zones to the Milky Way!

Single Player + Multiplayer player

In addition to these you can give MP and SP a new lick of paint with A Lot Of Textures (ALOT) for ME3an incredibly exhaustive texture pack.

Single Player

For the SP guys among us there's also EGM - Expanded Galaxy Modwhich is basically a must have have. It's feature list is too huge and in honesty it likely deserves it's own thread however the big notes are including but not limited to.

Additional Weapons and Armor
4 new guns, 21 new sets of armor including the N7 kits from Multiplayer.
Install cybernetics with powerful bonuses that give new tactical possibilities in firefights.

A Custom Normandy
Pick your senior crew members, recruit additional medics, engineers, marines and others, all with unique bonuses from a brand new GUI command console.
Upgrade the Normandy's engines, scanners and other improvements, all having real-time impact on gameplay.
Customize the look and feel of the ship with different weapon systems, 8 new vehicles to carry and...
a SHOOTING RANGE on the cargo deck.

Improved Galaxy Map
An open map covering the entire galaxy from the series. Decide where to go, what to discover.
Experience new video and audio content whilst travelling.
See the war unfold across the map and find new assets on the war front.

New Missions and Assignments
New N7 missions (currently under construction), and 17 new assignments.
Make paragon or renegade choices, decide whether to risk your forces for possible gains in the war and find unique traders with special stores.

War Atmospherics
Puts the Normandy in context as part of a bigger conflict
Major decisions about who to side with have bigger long term consequences.
Revised War Assets System which sees your troops gain and lose power as the war unfolds.
Notifications and AIS reports about battles, losses and gains.

Customise mod settings
Preset when DLC and major missions unlock so no emails/journals sitting there
Choose your relay video.

New Squadmates - Bring Kasumi, Wrex, Miranda, Grunt, Zaeed, Jack, Samara, Jacob, or Aria T'Loak on selected missions. Set up to 2 to be on standby ready to join you on missions using the manifest. Requires Citadel DLC.

New Assignments - Interactive assignments designed to improve on the standard fetch quests from the vanilla game, usually expanding on existing lore. These involve a variety of decisions - some about whether to risk forces for gain, others paragon v renegade choices. Rewards include credits, War Assets, Reputation and Paragon or Renegade points.

The Dealer - A unique weapons dealer and salvage merchant can be found in the map (with a little help from an information broker). In return for artifacts and technology that can be found across the galaxy he will offer choices from his collection of high end weapons and armor, usually for free (or at a huge discount). This includes some of the most expensive weapons in the game, and the Geth Spitfire.

Seriously check this out if you havn't already.

ME3 is an amazing games and the modding for it is just getting better with age with a small but dedicated few members making truly amazing content. Hopefully this inspires some of you to at least jump back in a little and take advantage of the hard work these guys have done.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down to get a ERA MP group going if anyone cared enough

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is all looking cool as hell. I'll have to get ME3 set up on my PC at some point.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I want so bad to mod the mass trilogy but have no idea how. I once tried to dabble in ME explorer and fucked some shit up
All video tutorials I found were badly outdated and irrelevant

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should include the MEHEM mod. It fixes the ending as much as possible.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
wow MP mods? thats awesome

im down for ME3 MP tbh, sadly it was waaay better than MEA's one, I actually bought the game on PC last year just for the MP

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, never knew about those SP mods. Will definitely download them when I replay the game someday.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Playing some ME3MP tomorrow sounds great. The mods look cool, but I'm more interested in a vanilla experience, if there will even be people on tomorrow. Too bad my PC unlocks are nowhere near my PS3 unlocks :(
I'll forever miss my hurricane X

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You should include the MEHEM mod. It fixes the ending as much as possible.

I honestly missed out loads of mods because I didn't want the OP to be exhaustive.

I'm thinking about talking to bisnic about putting a OT over I'n hangouts for Mass Effect in general and having a more exhaustive mod section included that covers all 4 games + MP