• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
2915 gamerscore

feels weird it's not the full 3000

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Overall seems rather… easy.

just beat the game, use abilities number of times, do paragon / renegade as much as you can, and bring squad members with you

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
"Complete all three games in Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Insanity without changing difficulty"

Good try Bioware, not gonna do it second time.

Oct 30, 2017
Overall seems rather… easy.

just beat the game, use abilities number of times, do paragon / renegade as much as you can, and bring squad members with you
You ever played ME 2 or ME 3 on Insanity difficulty?

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I already got all the achievements in all three games, minus ONE easy achievement in ME1 (which I should go back and do). Nevertheless, think I'll take a crack at this down the road after I clear some backlog.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
It's probably 2915 cause it's missing the multiplayer achievements? Idk cause it should count the dlc ones too?

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Only ME1. Fucking brutal. The hoppers. THE HOPPERSSSSSS.
Also that part where you're locked in a room with a buncha Krogans, god help you.

I had no problem doing Insane ME1 and 2. But the Insane Banshees in ME3 back in Earth right before the end of the game... fuuuuuck that. THAT was insane. Did it once. No more.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The original Mass Effect 1 has achievements that gave bonuses in game (kill x enemies with a weapon to get an achievement and also get +x% damage with that weapon). I always thought that was cool, but it seems like it's gone. Are they still going to have something similar just not linked to achievements.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
"Complete all three games in Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Insanity without changing difficulty"

Good try Bioware, not gonna do it second time.

with the exception of 2, it's not even that bad as long as you're doing new game plus

Insanity really that hard?

Which is worse? That, or cod world at war on highest difficulty?

No. Well, Mass Effect 2 is because of some stupidly cheap encounters, but the other games aren't that bad.

World at War on Veteran is FAAARRR worse.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Missing Ahern's DLC achievements maybe?

Yeah I was pointing this out in another thread but some of the DLC trophies appear to be missing like none of the Arrival trophies are there and beating Shadow Broker on Hardcore or Insanity is missing which is a shame as I'll take that stuff over "do a thing 25 times" trophies.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how they will balance the first game on insanity...Mass Effect 1 was really meant to be played multiple times to level up and play the higher difficulties. It was not designed, like 2 and 3, to be played right away on Insanity. If they don't balance it, you will still need to play multiple times to really have a chance. I hope it is scaled right like 2 and 3 so we can jump right away into Insanity.

Oct 30, 2017
ME2 on Insanity is brutal, but ME3 is just plain annoying because the game has so many horde mode situation in the story.

Yeah, you're basically constrained to a biotic build so you can maintain distance plus better crowd control. Vanguards would have it rough. I've only tried as a biotic build so I'm not sure if other classes are as feasible.

Insanity basically puts extra layers of defense on most enemies and increases their damage output. It can get really frustrating once you're getting pushed out of cover. However, CoD's problem--unless it was fixed--is that enemies spawned infinitely until you hit the next checkpoint on the map. Mass Effect just has combat scenarios with a finite amount of enemies. It's way more manageable I think.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
with the exception of 2, it's not even that bad as long as you're doing new game plus

No. Well, Mass Effect 2 is because of some stupidly cheap encounters, but the other games aren't that bad.

World at War on Veteran is FAAARRR worse.

Even in 2 I feel like once you get past Omega it gets easier as your character and squad are all leveled up a bit and you have some of the DLC guns unlocked. Just the fucking Vorcha on Omega are such a pain.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

CoD: W@W easily. I don't really recall that many issues with Insane on ME. I have the full achievements for the original 360 releases and CoD.

No doubt, World at War on Veteran diff. was just aggressively oppressive with its grenade spam and near endless supply of grunts with magic aiming. Some checkpoints in that game took as long as full jRPG game lengths for me to eventually complete.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason I have all of the Insanity achievements on the original games but don't remember them being… that bad? I honestly think I just powered through as Solider class but yeah I was surprised to see that looking back on the old games.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3 wasn't too bad on Insanity difficulty for the most part if you're using that Dominate ability from the Leviathan DLC, it helps out tremendously. 2 on the other hand I remember going through hell to finish.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say Insanity difficulty is very doable for the average player. It's hard and you'll die a lot, but you don't have to be a gaming god to manage it, it just takes persistence.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Did they not do any trophies for ME3 DLC?? Seems weird to not have stuff there for Citadel and Leviathan

Also glad they dropped that dumb one from ME1 where you have to keep party members with you through the entire game

EDIT: also curious if they still have those permanent ingame perks in ME1 for getting those trophies

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I'm still aghast we have not seen meaningful gameplay yet. It's like a week before release now. Anyway,. seems very ordinary achievements. Most can be done in a single playthrough of the trilogy.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Anyway, about the trilogy on insanity, I'd say the three games have different levels of difficulty. ME1 on insanity on early game can be brutal, especially depending on the class you pick. But that's due to how utterly unbalanced the game is. This might change with the LE. Of all of the three games in the franchise, ME2 is the most well balanced, which makes it insanity playthrough the most fun (and the easiest in the sense that there are no moments that will make you frustrated, although there is one or two fights that can be quite challenging). ME3 is similar to ME2, but with way more deaths that feel unfair.

All the games are much easier than say, Gears on the hardest difficulties. Some boss fights on those game could last hours.

Last edited:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Even in 2 I feel like once you get past Omega it gets easier as your character and squad are all leveled up a bit and you have some of the DLC guns unlocked. Just the fucking Vorcha on Omega are such a pain.

Omega, Praetorian fight on Horizon, and the Collector ship were definitely the highlights of frustration for me.

Did they not do any trophies for ME3 DLC?? Seems weird to not have stuff there for Citadel and Leviathan

Also glad they dropped that dumb one from ME1 where you have to keep party members with you through the entire game

EDIT: also curious if they still have those permanent ingame perks in ME1 for getting those trophies

Strange, because they originally had achievements for both DLCs (literally just checked my achievement list).

EDIT: I see Citadel DLC achievements in the new list, but not Leviathan.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
It looks like it's going to be one platinum for the entire trilogy. It's a single collection of trophies for the whole package.
If this ends up being a single platinum that's a hard pass from me, especially with no PS5 SKU.

If game collections like Spyro, Crash and Uncharted trilogy can have platinum trophies for each game I don't see why this trilogy won't.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Anyway, about the trilogy on insanity, I'd say the three games have different levels of difficulty. ME1 on insanity on early game can be brutal, especially depending on the class you pick. But that's due to how utterly unbalanced the game is. This might change with the LE. Of all of the three games in the franchise, ME2 is the most well balanced, which makes it insanity playthrough the most fun (and the easiest in the sense that there are no moments that will make you frustrated, although there is one or two fights that can be quite challenging). ME3 is similar to ME2, but with way more deaths that feel unfair.

All the games are much easier than say, Gears on the hardest difficulties. Some boss fights on those game could last hours.

Agreed. As I've pointed out I think ME2 on Insanity is pretty enjoyable particularly once you've finished Omega (though the Shadow Broker DLC is kind of rough too). As long as you don't have anyone coming at you with a flame thrower.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They changed the ME1 companion achievements to be a lot easier to obtain.

Overall it's a very doable list. I'm not much of an achievement hunter these days, but I can see myself going for all of these.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Omega, Praetorian fight on Horizon, and the Collector ship were definitely the highlights of frustration for me.

Strange, because they originally had achievements for both DLCs (literally just checked my achievement list).

Okay I'm seeing them now, looks like they cut down the lists for those DLCs substantially. Just the ones for completing the final quests and the one for the combat simulator on Citadel

Under Pressure
Savior
Last Resort
The One and Only

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah that fight on Horizon can be a little tough for sure but I remember having a good time with it. Same with the collector ship.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Insanity isn't that hard if you play the class that goes invisible. Forget what it was called. Invis/sniper rifle and you can pick off mobs all day.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god those blind corners in Garrus's recruitment mission with flame thrower vorcha on the other side!

I think you might be thinking of the Mordin recruitment mission which is what I'm thinking of (or maybe it is the Garrus mission?). Having to go to the lower area to turn the fans on or whatever the hell you're doing down there and fighting flame throwing Vorcha in very tight corridors… not my favorite bit of ME2 on Insanity.

EDIT: I think I'm conflating the two major Omega missions. Either way they're both a pain in the ass on Insanity.