Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
weird
https://twitter.com/EricHartleyFrnd/with_replies?lang=en

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ph-ac-cn-jarrod-ramos-ruling-0923-20150922-story.html

Ihk2iylQ_400x400.jpg

anyone know what that symbol shopped onto the forehead is?
(the photo is Eric Hartley, the reporter he sued)
That's the berserk sacrifice symbol

Oct 25, 2017
this is what cultivating a climate of violence against the free press enables

notice how despite this being a multi-year vendetta dating back until 2012, the man did not act until after such deplorable behavior was encouraged

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its hard to motivate people with zero stake in a situation to do something.

Makes sense that the first actors of Trump an his croney's rhetoric would have been on a tipping point.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Background and Mental Health checks working out well for the US... Get rid of your guns FFS!

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Right wing twitter, in response to this, is fucking scary.

These people either lack any empathy, are worryingly gullible/stupid or bordering psychotic.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
So, any reason in particular why he had a lawsuit with the newspaper, or they were just the ramblings of a bastard with delusions of grandeur?

I refuse to go through the mental health angle, out of respect to those that do have illnesses and fight with their inner demons, day after day.

Oct 25, 2017
can "mental illness" be blamed as the "cause" when these alleged "lone wolves" are cultivated and encouraged through sustained stochastic terrorism?

an organized and deliberately cultivated pattern of "lone wolves" is an oxymoron, even if its arrival time is stochastic

anyone saying this is the fault of mental illness is really saying "only a mentally ill person would act upon what republicans say" - it's time to stop playing off their inflammatory rhetoric as just catering to a rabid base

because the rabid base exists in the physical world, and is fully capable of taking actions in it

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, any reason in particular why he had a lawsuit with the newspaper, or they were just the ramblings of a bastard with delusions of grandeur?

I refuse to go through the mental health angle, out of respect to those that do have illnesses and fight with their inner demons, day after day.

Dude sued them for defamation, after they posted a column on his guilty plea in a case of harrassment.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

seems he sued the paper for defamation over writing a column about him being a creepy ass dude who harassed a woman

http://170.99.108.1/appellate/unreportedopinions/2015/2281s13.pdf

edit: the link above is the opinion in his suit; it also has the text of the original article he got all worked up over

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently he harrassed a woman and was charged, it was mentioned in the paper, and he sued for defamation even though nothing was untrue, then it got thrown out.

And then he never got any kind of professional help but instead shouted into a Twitter void incoherently rambling about his perceived enemies.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like he put the Berserk brand of sacrifice on all of the people he was angry at? Creepy stuff. The person in his profile picture isn't him, it's one of the people he was angry with.

You can see a mugshot of him if you scroll through his Twitter.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So he had personal beef with the paper, but was also clearly, clearly emboldend by the Right's denigration of the MSM. Really curious how this will play out.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently he harrassed a woman and was charged, it was mentioned in the paper, and he sued for defamation even though nothing was untrue, then it got thrown out.

And then he never got any kind of professional help but instead shouted into a Twitter void incoherently rambling about his perceived enemies.

Interesting and also extremely uncommon.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like he put the Berserk brand of sacrifice on all of the people he was angry at? Creepy stuff. The person in his profile picture isn't him, it's one of the people he was angry with.

You can see a mugshot of him if you scroll through his Twitter.
Which means he's watching Berserk and even then cheering for the bad guy

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

Dude sued them for defamation, after they posted a column on his guilty plea in a case of harrassment.

seems he sued the paper for defamation over writing a column about him being a creepy ass dude who harassed a woman

http://170.99.108.1/appellate/unreportedopinions/2015/2281s13.pdf

Thanks all!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

JARROD W. RAMOS v. ERIC THOMAS HARTLEY, et al

It looks like the Capital published an account of his criminal harassment of an old classmate, and he sued them for defamation? This seems to be the article (I pulled it from a pdf so sorry for the formatting)
"If you're on Facebook, you've probably gotten a friend request or message from an old high school classmate you didn't quite remember. "For one woman, that experience turned into a yearlong nightmare. "Out of the blue, Jarrod Ramos wrote and thanked her for being the only person ever to say hello or be nice to him in school. "She didn't remember him, so he sent pictures. She Googled him, found a yearbook picture and realized they apparently did go to Arundel High together. — Unreported Opinion — "He was having some problems, so she wrote back and tried to help, suggesting a counseling center. "'I just thought I was being friendly,' she said. "That sparked months of emails in which Ramos alternately asked for help, called her vulgar names and told her to kill herself. He emailed her company and tried to get her fired. "She stopped writing back and told him to stop, but he continued. When she blocked him from seeing her Facebook page, he found things she wrote on other people's pages and taunted her with it, attaching screenshots of the postings to some of his emails. "She called police, and for months he stopped. But then he started again, nastier than ever. "All this without having seen her in person since high school. They never met until they came to court a couple of months ago. "Last week, Ramos, a 31-year-old federal employee, pleaded guilty in District Court to a misdemeanor harassment charge. "Judge Jonas Legum, who called his behavior 'rather bizarre,' suspended a 90- day jail sentence and placed him on probation, ordering him to continue in therapy and not contact the victim or her family in any way. "The case is extreme. But it provides a frightening look at the false intimacy the Internet can offer and the venom that can hide behind a computer screen. "'I read about this all the time, where Facebook conversations, email conversations, start out fine and then take a turn where they become nastier over the course of time,' said Ramos' lawyer, Christopher Drewniak, 'And this is apparently one of those situations.' "The victim, who asked that her name not be printed, said she lived in fear for her safety for months. -2- — Unreported Opinion — "The emails started in late 2009 or early 2010 – she can't remember exactly, because it was only a few months later that they grew disturbing and she started documenting things. "At first, she felt bad for him, so she shared some personal information and offered advice. "'But when it seemed to me that it was turning into something that gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, that he seems to think there's some sort of relationship here that does not exist ... I tried to slowly back away from it, and he just started getting angry and vulgar to the point I had to tell him to stop,' she told the judge. "'And he was not OK with that. He would send me things and basically tell me, "You're going to need restraining order now." "You can't make me stop. I know all these things about you." "I'm going to tell everyone about your life." "An email in April 2010 said, 'Have another drink and go hang yourself, you cowardly little lush. Don't contact you again? I don't give a (expletive). (Expletive) you.' "Later that month, the woman was suddenly put on probation at the bank where she worked. She said a supervisor told her it was because of an email from Ramos and a follow-up phone call in which he advised them to fire her. "She said she was laid off in September and believes, but can't prove, it was because of Ramos. She's since gotten another job. "When she learned what Ramos had done, she called police. He stopped contacting her for a while and started counseling in November. Still, the silence was not comforting. "'That just left me to feel like he was stewing,' she said. 'For all the time he was silent, he's collecting things about me. And then comes back at me, like, 10 times worse than he had before.' "The messages resumed in January, referring to friends' Facebook profiles and postings about her and about Ramos himself. -3- — Unreported Opinion — "His messages rambled, calling her 'a bipolar drunkard leading a double life' and saying 'Expletive you, leave me alone' though she hadn't written him in months. He told her she was afraid to let a man get close to her and discussed her family, friends, job and Rotary Club involvement – all information gleaned from the Internet. "In January, the victim went to court to get a peace order and file charges. Finally, he stopped for good. Ramos, a tall, thin man with long hair he wears in a ponytail, did not speak at the hearing and did not return a call for comment left with his attorney. "He has a degree in computer engineering and has worked for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for six years, Drewniak said. He had no previous criminal record. "Detective Rob Cremen, who handles domestic violence cases in the county police Southern District, said sustained harassment like this is rare. "Facebook and networks like it offer the chance to reconnect with old friends. But they also can invite unwanted attention. Many people don't realize how much information about them is on social networking sites and elsewhere on the web. "'It's kind of a double-edged sword,' Cremen said."

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
His Twitter account is complete lunacy. It's like he sees patterns and conspiracies in everything. I couldn't even imagine living like that.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
This is all very disturbing. Wish the best for the families who lost loved ones and for the wounded who have a long recovery ahead.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At some point can victims start suing the president for inciting random rage against their workplaces leading to murders?

Oct 27, 2017
His Twitter account is complete lunacy. It's like he sees patterns and conspiracies in everything. I couldn't even imagine living like that.

Is this even rare/exceptional at this point though? Isn't this precisely part of the common problem? That what used to be a rare issue with singular disturbed people is now becoming more of a strange collective dis-functionality?