Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
This is new normal now in US of A. Just live your life like your last day, everyday.
This has become a common enough occurrence you've got to wonder how many of those lost thought about how tragic the other shootings were but never once assumed that's how their life would end. I'm not victim blaming, more just mulling over the morbidity of how fucked that is and how real it could be for anyone that lives here.

Every single time we do nothing after one of these events we willingly enter a gun violence lottery; maybe your number gets called, maybe it doesn't. But it sure as fuck feels like the odds are getting worse.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Ban guns already:(:( Stop denying...Our life is already plagued by unavoidable tragedies, letting guns allowed only adds more.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
9X5ExCC.jpg

Shots and who cares?

Fuck guns.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Sandy Hook was the ultimate test for Congress. If killing little children couldn't change gun laws in this country, nothing will.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Sandy Hook was the ultimate test for Congress. If killing little children couldn't change gun laws in this country, nothing will.
I really hate this phrase and honestly don't say that no one's doing anything because guess what people actually do forget Congress in just a few freaking seconds and understand that there are states there are counties and municipalities that have changed things.

honestly real tired of this defeatist attitude that says well if nothing can be done do nothing because honestly it's stupid!

(Just a quick note this isn't directed at you I just hate this phrase I hate this attitude! )

Mar 26, 2018
The news not talking about it would actually help curve how often it happens and anyone getting rid of guns seems so unlikely so id hope they never cover it so that at least something helps lessen it

Oct 27, 2017
Sad when news like this just isn't even shocking anymore. I'm just so desensitized to it all. Especially knowing nothing is going to be done about anytime soon.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Another day, another mass shootings. At this point, it would not feel like a normal month without one. My condolences to the family of victims.

As an outsider, I don't see guns being the problem.

To clarify:

Other countries have guns and excepting the oddities which has seen gun proliferation and falling into the circulation within the criminal organizations like parts of central and south america, which I might remind the folks of the self professed greatest nation, is thanks mostly to them, are relatively bereft of mass shootings.

Other countries do not have 2nd Amendment which makes it a right as opposed to a privilege that is needed to be earned and maintained with great degree of responsibility.

Other countries do not have a gun culture that fetishizes said weapons to the point of absurdity and prone to paranoia of "slippery slope".

So it is comes to people, specifically politicians and poorly educated people, gun lobbies with deep financial pockets representing the manufacturers and NRA.

So, as long as you have old guards and absurd amounts of money gate keeping, no worthwhile change shall come to pass.

It is a shame that NRA and politicians like Newt Gingrich dare to spread this poison across other nations. I would once again recommend watching Hassan Minaj's Patriot Act covering NRA. It is free on YT. Lest I be remiss, you may need to be cognizant of your blood pressure, unless you are American.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. We as a nation failed that moment.

But also, NRA has weakened since 2011 and are mired in scandals. Now is the time to strike at their heart.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Sheriff said 12 dead. One died on the way to hospital.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
RIP for the victims who were killed & injured.

(I really hate the gun culture in the US. The whole "thoughts and prayers" never made sense since if you say that, you saying your god is okay with people being killed by these guns and could stop it, but doesn't give a damn. Which is screwed up thinking in and of itself.)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sigh. So heartbreaking.

My niece messaged me last Saturday that there was an active shooter in the mall she works at. People were running and screaming and filing into her store. They hid in the managers back office with a bunch of customers. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like anyone was hurt.

This fucking country. I am so over this shit already.

My heart goes out to the victims. It's just so, so sad, and also infuriating.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It barely even rates anymore. It barely gets a reaction anymore.

This is what evil winning looks like.

My heart goes out to the victims and their friends and families.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I remember when the BBC news channel would immediately switch to covering American mass shootings, now it just gets put in the crawl bar headlines and a mention in on the hour bulletins. It's sad that this is so common.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
America's a death cult and gun-sucking politicians won't do anything because the voting populace is too stupid and cruel to think murder instruments should be controlled

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
RIP for the victims who were killed & injured.

(I really hate the gun culture in the US. The whole "thoughts and prayers" never made sense since if you say that, you saying your god is okay with people being killed by these guns and could stop it, but doesn't give a damn. Which is screwed up thinking in and of itself.)
In most religions freewill is not impeded by God. So it's not saying that at all.

Thoughts and prayers is bullshit though.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
America : "We shouldn't abort fetuses because we are pro life"
Also America : "We can't do anything about all these guns, oh well"

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another mass shootings. At this point, it would not feel like a normal month without one. My condolences to the family of victims.

As an outsider, I don't see guns being the problem.

To clarify:

Other countries have guns and excepting the oddities which has seen gun proliferation and falling into the circulation within the criminal organizations like parts of central and south america, which I might remind the folks of the self professed greatest nation, is thanks mostly to them, are relatively bereft of mass shootings.

Other countries do not have 2nd Amendment which makes it a right as opposed to a privilege that is needed to be earned and maintained with great degree of responsibility.

Other countries do not have a gun culture that fetishizes said weapons to the point of absurdity and prone to paranoia of "slippery slope".

So it is comes to people, specifically politicians and poorly educated people, gun lobbies with deep financial pockets representing the manufacturers and NRA.

So, as long as you have old guards and absurd amounts of money gate keeping, no worthwhile change shall come to pass.

It is a shame that NRA and politicians like Newt Gingrich dare to spread this poison across other nations. I would once again recommend watching Hassan Minaj's Patriot Act covering NRA. It is free on YT. Lest I be remiss, you may need to be cognizant of your blood pressure, unless you are American.

Not with stats like these. No other country comes close.

Harrison said that the United States has approximately 5 percent of the world's population and 42 percent of civilian gun ownership. Those numbers are based on a study that's now 10 years old. And experts say tracking guns is very difficult. But Harrison's claim is on roughly par with the information available. We rate this claim Mostly True.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess people just aren't thinking and praying hard enough huh republicans? Fucking filth.

My condolences to the loved ones of the victims, this shit is so common that it barely even registers anymore.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Someone on CNN said there has been 2000 mass shooting victims since sandy hook, is that true? I knew it was bad but wow

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
America : "We shouldn't abort fetuses because we are pro life"
Also America : "We can't do anything about all these guns, oh well"

Feels like the more common perspective is that more guns are the only way to stop gun violence, a dangerously stupid idea that has somehow gained traction among people too goddamn ignorant to realize how statistically counter-productive that is.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Feels like the more common perspective is that more guns are the only way to stop gun violence, a dangerously stupid idea that has somehow gained traction among people too goddamn ignorant to realize how statistically counter-productive that is.
Yep.

The only way to stop murder is with more murder but uhh the good kind!

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is fucking sick :(

I try not to be numb to this shit but it gets hard.

I wonder if the day I'm in a shooting I'll just be like, 'welp, this makes sense'

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Are we at the "this is not the time to talk about gun control" part of the debate?

That's my favorite .......