• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Bungle

Dec 11, 2017
No lie. I was planning on stopping by the Amazon Go store in Torrance on the right side of that video later on this afternoon.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Not the kind of news I wanted to wake up to. 😔

Also..
www.cbsnews.com

Monterey Park mass shooting: 2nd possible scene in Alhambra cleared after authorities investigate possible connection

As officials investigate a mass shooting in Monterey Park, police converged on a second possible scene in neighboring Alhambra early Sunday.
According to early reports, officials were searching to see whether the suspect had gone to that ballroom 17 minutes after the mass shooting, which was approximately three miles away from the Monterey Park incident. Once there, authorities say an Asian suspect had walked into the dance hall armed but patrons there disarmed him. He fled in a white cargo van, which is considered a vehicle of interest. It remains unclear whether the same suspect was involved in both incidents or whether either incident are related.

There was a mass shooting attempt last year at an Asian Church in California...one killed, but folks took the fucker down.
www.nbcnews.com

1 dead, 5 injured, man arrested in shooting at California Asian church reception

Congregation members grabbed and hogtied the man, whom Orange County authorities described as being of Asian descent and in his 60s.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Goes on a killing spree and attempts a second because he didn't get invited to a dance studio event? What the fuck?

suspect.png

View: https://youtu.be/nX165mJ1KAA

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah read that it appears he was turned away from the door and not let in and this is some vendetta shit but who knows at this point. If it is, fragile male ego strikes again. Hope they capture him alive so he can rot in prison for life.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I guess all I remember him saying was the typical republican lines about mental illness and such.

Among other things he said: "It could have been worse. The reason it was not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do. They showed amazing courage by running toward gunfire for the singular purpose of trying to save lives."

And of course we know that was a fabrication and 19 kids were murdered while the police did fuck all.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Goes on a killing spree and attempts a second because he didn't get invited to a dance studio event? What the fuck?

suspect.png

View: https://youtu.be/nX165mJ1KAA

I don't think it was because of not being invited to a dance thing.. (Edit- I have to apologize, I'm just now seeing the interview with someone who is familiar with the dance group)

Last years' shooter at a Church looks to be in the same age group. That mass killing attempt at that Church was deemed a Taiwanese Hate crime.

Last edited:

Frozen_Thorn

Banned
Jul 8, 2021
Among other things he said: "It could have been worse. The reason it was not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do. They showed amazing courage by running toward gunfire for the singular purpose of trying to save lives."

And of course we know that was a fabrication and 19 kids were murdered while the police did fuck all.
Which isn't anything remotely similar to my comment.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems like he killed himself or get taken out.

All that waste of life for what? Nothing.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like the Wife got invited to the dance. So the husband is mad that the wife is going to this new year dance party and the husband can't go.
I'll be mad too if I was in that situation...

Link to the husband and wife jealousy video interview: https://abc7.com/monterey-park-mass-shooting-california-lunar-new-year-event-dead/12725372/
Might want to clarify what you are trying to say with the bolded. It comes off as you justifying or sympathizing with a mass shooter.

Jan 4, 2023
Might want to clarify what you are trying to say with the bolded. It comes off as you justifying or sympathizing with a mass shooter.
No it reads like he's saying he'd be mad if he was in that situation.

You have to make huge leaps to say that him being mad in that situation is in any way him justifying or excusing these insane actions.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
It's a weird thing to say to me. "Here is what a shooter did, I'd be mad in that situation too." Very weird thing.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Wife got invited to the dance. So the husband is mad that the wife is going to this new year dance party and the husband can't go.

Link to the husband and wife jealousy video interview: https://abc7.com/monterey-park-mass-shooting-california-lunar-new-year-event-dead/12725372/
It's a weird thing to say to me. "Here is what a shooter did, I'd be mad in that situation too." Very weird thing.

QyBPlDX.png

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

I know some might take what you said the wrong way, but I'll just say about being mad in that situation... if that were to happen to me, you'd hope your wife would see how that is wrong and wouldn't go. If she still wanted to go because it's a special occasion/competition that she worked hard for... then I'd let her know how I feel about it and find something else to do...and then discuss finding a new dance studio for us to be part of going forward.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't have posted it but let's not pretend that saying something a little odd like that is in any way sympathising or endorsing a mass killer.

It's twisting his words and intent so much.
I don't seem to be the only person being put off by it. But I did say he might want to reword or explain what he means in more detail to clarify, I didn't assume he meant it the way it reads to me and others.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The wording on that post didn't deserve half a page of replies tbh since it wasn't the intent anyways. Glad the shooter is stopped now regardless