CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
The hyped TV show effect. It helps that the game is free to play this week.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'll be hopping in when they add that new region to the game later this year, but there's plenty of other fallout games to get through before then

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
Does the game still suck?
(I remember it sucking when it first came out)

the game is pretty decent now, the addition of NPCs into the world and a lot of QoL changes have made a big difference.

Kudos to Bethesda for sticking with the game- other publishers would have killed it before it got the chance to improve.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe now they've released an update they've finally got more than 3 players /s

Hopefully the game is actually in a better state now than it was at launch. It's annoying it had such a bad launch but if they made a good game out of it that's something at least.

Mango Pilot

Alt account
Banned
Apr 8, 2024
Amazon just gave it out for free to every prime member, it's a free play weekend game, and the show just came out. I would hope its engagement went up!

Snake Versus

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the $19 version on sale on Xbox and jumped in this week for the first time. The show effect is working.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the tweet is offered without any context
I'd say the TV show is doing more to boost engagement than the Prime giveaway, especially since Prime is only giving it out on platforms where Game Pass already exists. Lots of games are given away for free on Prime/Epic/whatever and it doesn't really move the needle on their engagement. But FO76 is having a similar uptick that TLOU did when that show was airing. The Prime giveaway certainly doesn't hurt, but FO76 was already pretty accessible on Xbox and PC.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Is 76 worth playing if you would be playing alone?

Yeah. That is mostly how I played it and I played it before NPCs came back. Personally I preferred it before NPCs came back but I don't know how they would keep expanding on story without NPCs coming back. The base/original story was Bethesda story telling at its best, through environment and notes. The NPCs came back and it was back to usual Bethesda crap story (they really do a better job of illustrating the history of the world then NPC dialogue and story).

Anyways, if you do play, try to do the original base story first and find all the notes along the way, it's a pretty good Fallout background and Bethesda at their best storytelling (I know that doesn't say much but I do love their worlds for all the history and backstory they do).

Ratadad

Nov 22, 2021
Glad to see. The game is not perfect, but it definitely scratches that Wasteland itch. It's become my gaming "comfort food" over the last two years.

And hands-down, the best online community I've ever encountered in a game.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I like 76 more than I did 4 and that mostly has to do with the Appalachia map. Gorgeous area and I love that each area is distinct and has its own look. Cant wait for the update that expands the map!