Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Good result for them, the PS3 numbers are also always funny. What a bomba in the USA.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
lol at how he started that tweet.

But yeah, PS5 is having an interesting gen.

diobrando74

Nov 11, 2017
Wow, Sony is definitely in trouble. Better saddle up the horses and ride off into the sunset....

/s

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So Jim and team cooked with the PS5?
Cooked, chopped, screwed.

RotW had to fall off somewhat, but the US is like....

aB2rbw1_460s.jpg

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
PS5 has increased market share substantially relative to Xbox but the overall market is shrinking for the pair is what seems to be happening at this point so PS5 is just seeing minor gains.

Will be very interesting to see what happens when Switch 2 enters the fray as a much closer console of somewhere around PS4 Pro strength.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Whispers *I think Mat secretly loves the tantrums thrown his way.*

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have the data to back this up of course, but I imagine that a good portion of that 7% increase are people who bought an Xbox One last gen and switch to Playstation this gen. I think the PS4 and PS5 sales are roughly the same worldwide, so I take it to mean that Playstation is cutting into Xbox's market share.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
So is PS doing ok? is PS not doing ok? where is PS? Who is PS? So many conflicting posts I read about this,..

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have the data to back this up of course, but I imagine that a good portion of that 7% increase are people who bought an Xbox One last gen and switch to Playstation this gen. I think the PS4 and PS5 sales are roughly the same worldwide, so I take it to mean that Playstation is cutting into Xbox's market share.
As time go by, this becomes more n more valid. It does look that way.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Great performance. It would be the same rest of the world if they cut price a bit. 4 years in and it having no official price cut is insane.

Jul 2, 2021

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Me reading news today:

We're so back
It's so over
We're so back
It's so over
We're so b...back?

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018

I was half-seriously asking people!

But I'm glad you are all as confused as I am. Let us take the feelings of Miss PlayStation seriously next time we read the reports and invite her to talk to a professional about her feelings in regards to how she's doing financially.

alexjimithing

Aug 20, 2019
So is PS doing ok? is PS not doing ok? where is PS? Who is PS? So many conflicting posts I read about this,..

The PS5 itself is selling great.

Primary questions are about the console market 'as a whole' and whether there's a hard cap on how many consoles can be sold/if there's a way to increase that cap and profit margins on the consoles/first party games and services.

Generally we would've seen a permanent price drop on the PS5 by now, but we haven't, due to the profit margin issues.

kwill94

May 26, 2022
Great numbers and enjoy my bought, but they need to apply a price drop to increase sales

Oct 30, 2017
I'd really prefer the console market to be less pressured to sell these consoles at a loss.

I think it puts undue pressure on everything else to be much more profitable.

VoidShaman

Jul 11, 2023
Seems like Sony is doing fine, but they want to be doing better than fine, and are rightly being concerned about the blooming costs of development. The firings and the PSN requirements still suck, though.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
How people have managed to read into hyper specific conflicting takes this morning through these earnings reports is such a good example of why people can't be trusted with statistics.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How people have managed to read into hyper specific conflicting takes this morning through these earnings reports is such a good example of why people can't be trusted with statistics.
It's a goddamned choose your own adventure based on who's tweeting and who's the OP lmao

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
I'm living in the EU.

PS5 at 550€ is expensive, also games at 80€ it's something else...

I'm not questionning why PS5 sales are slowling in EU. With the PS5 Pro, they no reason to keep PS5 at 550€