Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I don't know why you couldn't include The Batman relatively easy in a production like this. You have the suit, don't include Bruce at all just have Bats lurking in the shadows playing detective. You wouldn't even have fight scenes because the cops always get there after Batman's left the bad guys hanging from the rafters

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually against this until I started to seriously think about it,

1. We can potentially see Gordon's homelife and possibly Barbara Gordon development for seasons before becoming Batgirl in a movie.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
2. We don't need Pattinson to have Batman appearances from the GCPD's perspective
This is what a show with a likely lower budget could do with that direction

and that was literally a guy just wearing this
Dnegua-V4AArKpK.jpg

3. we could see something like Montoya going from a rookie cop to eventually detective and then to The Question which a movie would never give time to
4. Considering Clayface will never be a movie's big bad they could do him here or even the Ethan Bennett version

Now we have
- the guy responsible for the Batman franchise atm involved (meaning he can set aside characters he doesn't want in movies or to give others development they wouldn't have time for in a movie)
- Gordon's movie actor well established on HBO as is
-a set continuity linking these adaptations
- Pattinson's stuntman
- the batsuits and stuntsuits from the movie
- the batmobile and batcycle from the movie
- a legitimate budget(most likely)

They could literally have stuff like a police chase with Batman from the GCPD's perspective and they'd have everything they needed for it

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The show had a college freshman or so Harvey in S1 but he was dropped. The backorder (only 16 eps were ordered at first) to S1 is the weakest part of the show and even harms the start of S2 a bit. The meandering bump is thus very early. S5 is also too short as they did No Man´s Land in 12 eps (not counting the S4 finale) due to a shortened final order with S5E13 being their Batman Year One/Begins. S5 is peak madness though with S4 being the best season. S4 and 5 even did Frank Miller´s Joker, minus the smoking, with some Burton-isms.
d3bcbc1087d3f5f3aa8de773577bb8e9.gif
tumblr_pktz27GMXe1wnhmglo1_540.gif

And he was despite not being a regular. Too bad that the finale wasn´t movie length. It was the good 3rd Batman film the 89 to 97 canon needed.
The show´s quality graph is quiet healthy all in all. S4>S5>S3>S2>S1

Mr. Shield was a mixture between the Reaper in design, the Court of Owls for the origin and The Judge (Two-Face) from the last season of Batman TAS for the plot.
hqdefault.jpg
9d298ea555f6a4733a62bcc4f3ef777a.jpg

The Executioner made it on Batwoman? Lol.
dc.fandom.com

Executioner

The Executioner is a legacy name used by several super-villains in the DC Universe, usually antagonists to the Batman Family in Gotham City. The original from the Golden Age was Willy Hooker, who adopted the vigilante identity of the Executioner to murder wanted criminals in order to claim the...

The show had an effect on Bat media outside of that. The female Firefly is now in the comics as part of Rebirth and made it into the restarted TAS comic canon.
Pennyworth, S2 might have taken a break from filming to Covid19, is set in the same canon as confirmed by the showrunner who did both series. Nothing made it apparent yet but Word of God is law. It´s kinda crazier and a hard TV-Ma. Drug-induced satanic orgy with on-screen nudity crazy. Gotham and Pennyworth´s creator is also the creator of HBO´s Rome btw! It is felt all over the place.

The showrunner HBO Max got in this case also happens to be an HBO fixture. He gave us Boardwalk Empire. Don´t hold back I say. Do Gotham proud.

Edit: The scoopers are now going on that the show will be a prequel to The Batman about how the city fell into chaos. Gotham MAX then. Or The Gotham. I can dig it. Not that I trust them.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would they do another prequel series? Gotham Central was such a perfect comic, they have everything they need right there. Just do that ffs.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
While that's a loss it's interesting that ultimately it was Matt Reeves' vision for the 'Gotham silo' clashing with Winter's take on the series that seems to have caused the rift.

As long as Matt Reeves is still 100% committed to making this work I think this series has real potential.

We shall see.

Nov 13, 2017
While that's a loss it's interesting that ultimately it was Matt Reeves' vision for the 'Gotham silo' clashing with Winter's take on the series that seems to have caused the rift.

As long as Matt Reeves is still 100% committed to making this work I think this series has real potential.

We shall see.
Agreed. Reeves' vision should take precedence over others'.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that sucks Winter's out. :/

Doesn't surprise me too much considering Winter's probably immovable from his need to pace everything at the slowest burn

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham was outstanding for a cheesy Batmanesque series. I'm down for a gritty Gotham PD series too.