OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This service is a shitshow.

I have AT&T cellphone service, AT&T Now service with HBO Go and I still can't get Max? What
I'm back up but will be going to sleep again soon.
Only the Unlimited Elite plan is available for cellular networks. However if you have Now TV you should be able to login with HBO Max.
  • Make sure that you have linked your Now TV service to myAT&T.
  • Login via provider as shown here and select AT&T once your service is linked with myAT&T.
dqHxx1U.png

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Uninstalling HBO Now and HBO Max showed up on my Samsung Smart TV - a lot of amazing selections, those TCM and Studio Ghibli movies are impossible to pass up. Plus, all the Harry Potter movies too?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems more people are starting to pay attention to Max, especially with the hype from Harry Potter and Friends

silentsentinels

Alt Account
Banned
May 17, 2020
I'm back up but will be going to sleep again soon.
Only the Unlimited Elite plan is available for cellular networks. However if you have Now TV you should be able to login with HBO Max.
  • Make sure that you have linked your Now TV service to myAT&T.
  • Login via provider as shown here and select AT&T once your service is linked with myAT&T.
dqHxx1U.png
Try logging in with your AT&T TV Now Log in (what you used to log into HBO GO).

It ended up working when I tried logging in by my phone. Thanks!

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I thought Max was gonna be a marginal step up, but damn, their selection really blew me away.
Does anyone know if there's a way to see your List in a grid format? I added so many things, that the scroll caps out at about halfway. Using a PS4 for reference.

Why is the HBO Max app such Goddamn garbage?
My List doesn't show my whole list and there's no where else to see My List. It only shows maybe 30 items.
searching is so goddamn slow (really Warner? A long as two of letters and numbers with a slow selection speed?)

how the hell did they go "this app is ready." Like surely they had to have seen every other app out there and go "ok so people like this but don't like this."

Ahh. Okay. So it looks like on the computer you can see the list in its entirety. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Last edited:

Leunamus

May 18, 2019
Man, no language options on anything? That's disappointing for sure. Hopefully they'll add that in the future.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Random thought but I like that they have a lot of stuff tagged properly. Like you can search for adult swim and it'll bring up those shows. Or search for Ghibli to see those movies, etc.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But then again Netflix also doesn't do very well with 4K HDR movie releases that aren't their own product. I will say I'm not trying to come across as whining "too much" here, they never claimed they were going to be 4K HDR king in hyping it up like Disney did for Disney+

I doubt you'll see many 4K HDR movies on any streaming platform...that would put Vudu, Movies Anywhere, iTunes etc out of business...the 4K movies that Netflix and Amazon have are very small in number and the vast majority are in 4K SDR...the 4K movies that Amazon has are mostly from Epix as they have some kind of deal with them

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Wow, the PS4 app is as bad as the Apple TV app. They must have concentrated harder on getting phone/tablet and PC apps working first. Those are much better.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guessing comcast will never reach a deal
This was such a bummer to realize this morning when I went to sign in. I guess we're canceling HBO through Xfinity then. Because signing up for HBO Max just gives us Go anyway and who the hell actually watches HBO channels?
Of course Xfinity isn't included.

G54BQ7i.png

Your prayers have been answered

haha hopefully you can get some rest 언이라브

I shall! I'll be back up within the next six to eight hours so see y'all on the flip side. Aus time really aligns with US peak hours...

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
The Apple TV app is the same lousy HBO Now app with buffering issues and bad image quality.
This is stupid I'm canceling until it gets fixed.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Though interestingly some of the Crunchyroll anime that have been dubbed (and the Crunchyroll has the license to) like Re:Zero , Kabaneri, and Konosuba don't have their dubs on the service.

I wonder if it's due to other companies holding those rights? CR currently has a publishing deal with Viz, but only previously had one with Funi (who is owned by Sony as their parent company). Konosuba would be a odd one out, but yeah. Probably a case of those darn contracts :/

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looney Tunes is my new Simpsons of binge watching it in the background in a tab while I do other stuff

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if it asks you to make an HBO Max account after logging in with an account, that means you don't have HBO Max, right?

Oct 26, 2017
Oops, I made the assumption that all WB movies would be on here. The first thing I searched for was The Matrix and was disappointed.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I would get this as I already get HBO with my ATT wireless account, but I don't really see a way for me to log in. Previously, I was given a DirectTV/ATT TV Now username which I used to log into HBO GO at no additional charge. My understanding was that I would be able to do the same here, but I guess not?

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the tea:
WarnerMedia Strikes Eleventh Hour HBO Max Distribution Deal With Comcast
"We're thrilled to cap off the excitement of today's launch by adding Comcast's Xfinity to our roster of distributors who are now offering HBO Max to their customers," Rich Warren, president of WarnerMedia Distribution, said in a statement. "This deal marks another important step in the distribution of HBO Max and provides millions of Xfinity customers with access to the product."

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I had to delete Now and reinstall. I like the Max UI and curated list more than Now. Discovery is way easier and I've added a bunch of series I've heard about to my list to watch later.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Its absolutely hilarious how many webistes are putting up articles either about "What is HBO Max?" or "Do you have to subscribe to HBO Max is you have HBO?"

It's lucky for them that the world is such a shit show right now, because in any other situation this would be one of the most confused product launches in recent memory.

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I would get this as I already get HBO with my ATT wireless account, but I don't really see a way for me to log in. Previously, I was given a DirectTV/ATT TV Now username which I used to log into HBO GO at no additional charge. My understanding was that I would be able to do the same here, but I guess not?

I think it depends on your plan. Check the OP different services have specific instructions in order to activate it. Why is it different for different services within Att? Who knows. Why didn't they just automatically migrate your account to Max? I don't know. Weird, but check it out, you may still be able to get it.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They make it pretty easy to switch billing providers on one HBO account, which is nice. I originally had mine set to the Apple TV Channel, but my parents have HBO through Comcast so when the deal went through I signed in with that, it asked me to make an HBO account, I entered my email and it said I already have one and would I like to switch out the billing method? Nice and easy.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Try logging in with the account you use to manage your wireless account.

Oct 25, 2017
They make it pretty easy to switch billing providers on one HBO account, which is nice. I originally had mine set to the Apple TV Channel, but my parents have HBO through Comcast so when the deal went through I signed in with that, it asked me to make an HBO account, I entered my email and it said I already have one and would I like to switch out the billing method? Nice and easy.

Make sure you cancel through Apple though, they might still bill you.