Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I don't blame him lol.

I'm sure he'lltalk about it a bunch when it's time to promote the Zelda film, but now's not the time to risk a mini-discourse with the fans

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The movie's not going to be good or bad b/c he picked the 'right' Zelda game as his favorite or not. Smart response

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
QDqHqWf.jpg

the only zeldas that matter are on the CD-i

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most informed statements a director doing a movie adaptation has made that let's me know they're actually a fan LOL

Morgan1994

Dec 10, 2017
He has to or this movie will suck, if oot or twilight princess then he will make an average movie, if skyward sword, then his movie will be better than average, if minish cap or windwaker, then the movie will be good, and if majora's mask it will be legendary.

If it's breath of the wild it would be below average and tears of the kingdom a little about below average. If the original Zelda or Zelda 2 then it will be great. If lttp then it will be boring. If four swords it would be a comedy if not then it would also be boring, this is the test.

If he fucks up Nintendo will lose all their momentum!

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
He's not wrong and I do believe him but it does really feel like he can't think of one in that clip. Lol.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
100 % a fan of Zelda TAS, get ready for a lot of "excuuuuuse me princess".

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
I would love if this turns out good but I'm not sure what the story would actually be? In most Zelda games the story is more of a backdrop/excuse to adventure. Maybe that's actually a good thing and they can come up with an original story in the Zelda setting.

As for this quote, sounds like he's very familiar with Zelda and its fanbase lol

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's funny because this thread 100% proves he's correct not to say anything.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
It's funny because this thread 100% proves he's correct not to say anything.
And yet, he's still managing to get shit for this response ("he can't think of any" seriously?, so there is no right answer.

Why are Zelda fans acting like comicbook fans circa 2003? People are gonna be weird regardless, but I thought we were past SOME? of this nerd credentials stuff.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Its either Fitzgerald or Williams. You cant hide the truth forever, movie-man.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
he spent hours of his life stomping octoroks in the original Zelda arcade game

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That pretty much confirms that it's based on the best zelda game of all time.

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's actually pretty reasonable? This isn't like Mario where it's consistently styled throughout so there's only a handful of out there options. There's a dozen different style of Zelda games and they can all be taken different ways

Also he's totally a Hyrule Warriors fan and we're getting Linkle

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes ended up being great and also tremendous on a visual level, so I suddenly am VERY interested in what this movie ends up being.

Also, a smart answer, even if there are people in this thread proving him 100% right lmao.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not sure what I'd say if put on the spot and knew there would be so much interpreted by my answer.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this thread reinforces that no matter what this guy says, someone will have a problem with it haha. I mean him saying nothing still got misinterpreted.

Anyway, I don't know much about him, but I'll root for him because it seems like he's living his dream.

movie-the-zelda-movie-might-not-be-as-live-action-as-were-v0-wqwcg5olc7zb1.png

Oct 25, 2017
If someone asked me I'd just say Majora's Mask but I'm not going to be the director of something that a million dudes are going to hate for no good reason and then attribute it to weird stuff like "he likes X game".

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel this thread reinforces that no matter what this guy says, someone will have a problem with it haha. I mean him saying nothing still got misinterpreted.

Anyway, I don't know much about him, but I'll root for him because it seems like he's living his dream.

movie-the-zelda-movie-might-not-be-as-live-action-as-were-v0-wqwcg5olc7zb1.png

Yup if this stinks (probably as this will be live action) dont hate on him.
Hate on whoever decided live action was a good idea for Zelda (Fire Emblem would have made more sense and even then I wouln't take it over full CGI or anime)