May 31, 2022
Embracer Group has announced on May 14th that they are expanding their partnership involving Tomb Raider with Amazon, announcing that Amazon MGM will be working on a movie and a series:

embracer.com

Embracer Group's Crystal Dynamics partners with Amazon MGM Studios to develop Tomb Raider stories in streaming and film - Embracer Group

Embracer Group AB (“Embracer”), through its wholly-owned subsidiary Crystal Dynamics, has entered into a partnership with Amazon MGM Studios to develop additional stories for the acclaimed Tomb Raider franchise in both streaming and film. As an extension of this partnership, Prime Video has...

Embracer Group AB ("Embracer"), through its wholly-owned subsidiary Crystal Dynamics, has entered into a partnership with Amazon MGM Studios to develop additional stories for the acclaimed Tomb Raider franchise in both streaming and film.

As an extension of this partnership, Prime Video has announced today that it has ordered a Tomb Raider series with Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag) set as writer and executive producer. The series, based on the iconic Tomb Raider video game franchise, follows the adventures of world-famous archaeologist and adventurer Lara Croft. The series is produced by Crystal Dynamics and Amazon MGM Studios, and will premiere exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.

Crystal Dynamics and Amazon Games have previously announced a collaboration to develop and publish a new multiplatform Tomb Raider game. The as-yet-untitled game is a single-player, narrative-driven action-adventure that is an all-new, next chapter to Lara Croft's legendary explorations in the Tomb Raider franchise.

"Amazon MGM Studios and Amazon Games are incredible collaborators with a massive reach across the globe, enabling us to expand our Tomb Raider franchise with multiple new adventures and a shared passion for creating impactful, entertaining, emotional experiences for players and viewers throughout every facet of this universe," says Scot Amos, Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. "These timeless stories span all media platforms to meet audiences where they want to engage with Tomb Raider; it's a critical step towards our future with fans everywhere."

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Did anyone else like Alicia Vikander like I did?

ba4534ef933dfc4837eabb13544cde9d.jpg

Abs better return.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
the vikander tomb raider was at least better than her husbands (fassbender) assassins creed movie, which i think also released around the same time. I enjoyed it but it just felt very bare bones and basic, honestly its hard to not confuse it and the uncharted movie when you think about scenes. Didn't it end with the iconic dual pistols?

not super excited about this to be honest, i think phoebe waller-bridge didn't do an amazing job in writing the last james bond movie (no time to die, the villain was terrible), i didn't like her character in the last indiana jones movie, and my wife hated the last season of Killing Eve.

It'd be nice if they could unify it all so a game comes out at the same time as a new movie and then a TV show later and they have some shared consistency, lore, setting, and tone. Instead we'll probably get a movie, a random time later a show, and then a random time later a game that has absolutely nothing to do with the former two. Of course the article doesn't really say if they are all being made together or not, so I hope the same person is overseeing it all.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Still would've liked Daisy Ridley as Lara Croft in the new movie.
I don't think Alicia Vikander looks the part, not even the new Lara.
Ella Purnell would be killer as Lara tbh

Looking forward to what Amazon MGM cooks up.