LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Cobb vs ZSJ was really good. Glad to see Cobb holding some gold. Now move ZSJ to the main event 😭.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Yota vs Finlay and Nemeth vs Tanahashi were good. Cobb vs ZSJ was definitely the MOTN though.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
One of the highlights of the Dontaku day 1 is Yoshi-Hashi dropping his monitor and headset the second he joined the announce table, they had to give him immediately a spare 🤣

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Why was my man wrestling with glasses 😭

I always wondered if this is why...apparently he would also fall asleep on the apron during tag matches

Here's Road Dogg's account of it happening:

"He [Hughes] is a great dude," James said. "My first match ever was with Terry Taylor in Richmond, Virginia, for WCW. I was still in the Marine Corp and they said, 'You're an Armstrong, you can work,' so I put my stuff on. They go, 'Hey, the finish is Curtis Hughes will chase Terry around the ring. When Terry flies in the ring, Curtis will clothesline you, throw you in the ring, Terry will beat you.' 'Okay!'" [8:16-8:40]
"So, we run around the ring three times because Curtis is asleep standing up," James continued. "That is the truth. He has narcolepsy and he was just standing there asleep. Terry, as we ran by the second time, was like, 'Curtis!' Oh lord…" [8:40-9:00]

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I would imagine the GCW title changes hands tomorrow when Christian faces Laredo Kid
(because it's the last chance to get the title off of him before he goes to BOSJ and eats a bunch of pins lol)

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Yeah I'm watching CMLL, but saw everyone popping for Danhausen on Twitter. Didn't see the reversal tweets until you mentioned it.

It didn't help that the semi-main of Effy vs Mance Warner last man standing ended in a no contest as Mance just walked back to the locker room and the match ended. I like the feud but this is at least the 3rd blow off match that isn't the blow off match and I'm a bit worried about the lengths GCW is going to go to have a blow off match to this.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
It didn't help that the semi-main of Effy vs Mance Warner last man standing ended in a no contest as Mance just walked back to the locker room and the match ended. I like the feud but this is at least the 3rd blow off match that isn't the blow off match and I'm a bit worried about the lengths GCW is going to go to have a blow off match to this.

They had another match? Damn yeah I'd be worried also. They had the first one which I thought was it. Then they wrestled again at Effy's Big Gay Brunch (?) and for sure thought that was it.

I had a feeling you were going to enjoy that 😂. I like Gresham so I'll give it a chance. Plus I don't think the actual mask looks bad.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Hechicero beat Zandokan Jr. Hopefully this means they're heating him up for a ZSJ match during next months FantasticaMania Friday show.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed Under Siege. Not sold on what they are doing with Masha. She needs to be a singles star. Laredo vs KC and Mustafa vs Ali we're the best matches of the show.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed Under Siege. Not sold on what they are doing with Masha. She needs to be a singles star. Laredo vs KC and Mustafa vs Ali we're the best matches of the show.

I think TNA hates the idea of their world champions eating pins on the indies and that's why they don't belt her up. I haven't watched yet so who did Laredo Kid wrestle? KC Navarro? Also think you meant Ali vs Austin 😆.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I think TNA hates the idea of their world champions eating pins on the indies and that's why they don't belt her up. I haven't watched yet so who did Laredo Kid wrestle? KC Navarro? Also think you meant Ali vs Austin 😆.
Yeah it was KC Navarro. I'm surprised TNA didn't sigh him a long time ago. He's really good in he ring.

I don't know how I made that Mustafa mistake. Though that much does sound like it'd be a banger 🤔

GCW looked like a fun show

View: https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1786551007427637492

Danhausen got screwed!!!!!

View: https://twitter.com/GIFSkullX/status/1786600228222595480

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1784169392244220105

what do you mean boring and generic, here he is eating a lemon and making faces

GMs-DBYga-MAArcnb.jpg

the new entrance robe is good shit

I recently decided on a new scale for rating matches, in honor of our lemon eating king

yuyascale.jpg

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
We need that 6 star Yuya hair back. Also I really liked the KOPW 1st and 3rd fall. Wrestling wise I like Yuya the most from the young 4. Tsuji is still my favorite total package wise though. I'd rank them Tsuji, Yuya, Shota and then a distant 4th Narita. Narita should've been a Jr. Fujita should've been the Heavyweight.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Shota is to me head and shoulders ahead of the rest as far as a compete package goes, and I think NJPW is showing in their weird own way by not putting him with anyone (Sanada for Uemura, Naito for Tsuji, EVIL for Narita.) That said he is also a complete dork, judging by his twitter. Time will tell if that will endear him to the audience or if it hurts his image as a legit top guy (seems to be working alright for now...)

Tsuji can do some great stuff and have great matches with the right opponent but stuff like the Finlay match yesterday kind of exposes him as not ready to lead long matches. Not to mention he got (again) very gassed.

I like that Narita is forced to show and learn a bit of character work by being in HoT - thus far it's however resulted in exactly one good / memorable match for him since joining (and that was against Shota!) Today vs Mox will be a big test.

Uemura is probably the best technical wrestler out of the bunch but he's looked like a goddamn geek for the most part. He really needs to learn some new facial expressions. And ditch the awful HEAT STORM moniker and the flame gear. He also hasn't had much in the way of memorable matches so far

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Dang, Finlay vs Nemeth was veeeeery good

EDIT: Mox vs Narita was better than I expected!
Narita ate a nasty table bump
Though Mox didn't bring anyone except Umino (and technically Desperado, who was at the announce table, helped a bit lol)

Last edited:

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
KAITO SAAAAAAN

he did it!

even got Mutoh to put the belt on him ;_________;

what an absolutely fucking great match

sorry Shingo & Gabe