LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Good match between Cobb and Archer. TV title is a perfect fit for Cobb.

Edit: oh shit Cobb vs Ishii! Might as well make it the hoss title. 15 minute time limit is perfect for those matchups.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Yuya and Shingo working tonight. Solid match. I feel like it could've used another couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yuya isn't quite there yet but he's got a lot to work with in regards to character which they didn't help by cutting his locks but nice match nonetheless.

shingo and henare gonna slap

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
real talk, we know that shota's been due for that big breakthrough W. not sure if it'll be here but he's been right there where there's been an argument for it.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
That might have been Shota's best match since returning to New Japan. That Ospreay match was pretty strong though…

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
overall the show was kinda meh:

- The undercard stuff was OK. Naito had some trouble getting up for Destino again and he had some real trouble going up the ropes in that one spot, which I can't help but notice.

- Shingo vs Yuya started very slow and heavy on rest holds which is the opposite of what I want to see from a NEVER openweight match. Picked up towards the end though, proving once again why Shingo is so valuable to the company. Yuya needs a lot of work, IDK.

- Eddie vs Gabe was disappointing as shit. The ref was counting to 10 at the same speed as NJPW usually counts to 20, so they had no time to sell the spots and had to keep on the move constantly. Then Gabe was spending like 5 minutes looking for his gimmick chair. Not to mention the rapper to his theme song didn't even seem to recall the lyrics. Great. And now apparently Eddie got injured for real (per Alvarez) in the completely fucking dumb table spot at the end. Awful stuff.

- Mox vs Shota... turned out GREAT! Started off slow, and particularily Mox wasn't very impressive for the first 10-15 minutes, but then it started to pick up and goddamn did it pick up. After seeing this match I don't see how anyone can doubt Shota is the man. There's a very logical story here to tell, with Shota going back to the drawing board, having to earn his way up, dismantling his shitty gear, maybe finding a new finisher that doesn't come from Mox and THEN beat him at Wrestle Kingdom. Whether it's for some title or not. Now just start booking Shota better. He can't be eating shit for like 80% of his singles matches.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
If you like theater go watch something else than wrestling
If you're a flippy shit lover like LonestarZues or Kurita go watch NJPW
If you want to watch the REAL STUFF DDT this is where it's at

View: https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1789139074185650557

Starting in a couple of hours. I think all the tournament matches should be good but let's be real there's one match here that's above anything else

View: https://twitter.com/RyanClingman/status/967905869152301056

I'm sorry I doubted that Ishikawa vs Higuchi would be better than Brookes vs Endo 😂