• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Three years ago, we announced a partnership between Oculus Studios and Respawn Entertainment, creators of the acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™, Titanfall™, and Apex Legends™. Now, the wait is finally (almost) over. Today, we announced that you'll be able to storm the beaches of Normandy, aid the French Resistance, and liberate Europe starting December 11 on both the Rift Platform and on Quest via Oculus Link (compatible PC also required).

What's more, we revealed that Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond will launch simultaneously on the Oculus Store and on Steam with full SteamVR and cross-play support.
Source: Oculus.com

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Awesome. I just set up Revive after accepting that I'd need to do that to play this on Index but this is better.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
SteamVR release is incredible news. I guess Oculus no longer sees SteamVR as a competitor now that they pulled out of dedicated PCVR headsets

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
This is straight up the least expected thing I've seen happen in the VR space in the last 5 years.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Holy shit. Unprecedented.

Oculus never puts their flagship titles on Steam, so I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Holly shit they're actually letting this launch for SteamVR too?!?! Here's hoping that we see the just announced AC and Splinter Cell game go the same route too!

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Imagine getting exclusives from MS, Sony AND now Oculus on PC(VR for oculus cause its VR only)...great thing for us consumers on with PCs. Not being a direct Competitor feels good!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Oculus never puts their flagship titles on Steam, so I hope this is a sign of things to come.
For now, I'm going to assume this was an EA decision. There's a possibility that Oculus is supporting Steam in leiu of their own PCVR store, but I get the impression that exclusives is going to be Oculus Studios' top priority.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017

From Oculus employee on the Oculus Subreddit // Direct Link to Quote

We've been interested in a "what if we shipped on Steam?" scenario for awhile now, and MOH is a great title to test the waters with. Believe it or not this is something that I originally proposed. Everyone within Facebook and Respawn/EA was immediately supportive of the idea. It is the right decision for this title in a lot of ways.

Cross platform PC VR multiplayer will make for a better experience for everyone. Having more people to play with is always a good thing.

Since I know you're going to ask – no, the Steam version of MOH will not require a Facebook login. This also means that Steam users and Rift users can not send each other direct invites, but they can find each other in public matchmaking.

This does not mean that every Studios title will ship on Steam. We're really excited to see how the title performs on both PC VR stores. I would love to be able to bring more of our best Studios titles over to Steam. That continues to be a title by title decision that we are still evaluating.

~Oculus-Mdoran

This will definately help the MP aspect of the game.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was some quiet news, but it makes me hopeful that Oculus is pretty quick to back out of the PC exclusivity game here. Nice!

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
crossplay? does that mean the game will have multiplayer? :O

i'd love to see how respawn does vr multiplayer shootbang

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Omg I never thought this would happen with this game! So happy it will be on steamvr.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Can you still play the steam version on Quest fully wirelessly without in need of third party app?

You could never do that. You've always needed something like Virtual Desktop (Quest store version) to be able to stream PCVR games wirelessly to Quest. It's never been a native feature of the Quest. It's simple enough to do, but you need that third party app for it.

From Oculus employee on the Oculus Subreddit // Direct Link to Quote

This will definately help the MP aspect of the game.

For a company that refuses to allow dirty heathens to purchase games from their store (without using hacks), I find this positively bizarre. I'm not complaining, mind you, just find it bizarre that this is the mea culpa they make.