• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
:thonk:

what kind of numbers are you expecting for Year 1 and lifetime?

MH will get almost all of its sales from Year 1, unless we get DLC and not a G version but even that should still be roughly the same.

I'll go with 6mil. Like many have said, MH looks to have peaked with MHF3 but I do think the NSW secret sauce will help give it the edge and beat out the previous peak (secret sauce is Nintendo most active user base of any system)

7mil is too optimistic and I toned it down. Now if DQXII gets announced oh boy.... don't let meeven start.

Bonus: MHR first Week in japan will be 3mil (ship+digital) with near sell outs

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Now that Team2021 is on a mass-vonversion spree, can I have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour TeamMHR5M+?

Yes we shall continue this one in the next thread

which team are you?

#TeamMHR5M+
#TeamMHR5M-

rise will sell 5M+ physical.

Woah slow down, that would lead to 7.5mil+ sales bruh

Am I??? 😉

don't worry I'm only crazy when it comes to sales predictions

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
See folks the trick is joining Team 2021 only making jokes until you eventually will it into reality and say you were a day one believer.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Also, those Pikmin 3 digital sales are NUTS... almost top 10 for the whole year having launched in basically November is insane

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The big question is whether Rise will become an evergreen.

The Expansion will drop in Late 2022.

If it does become one, then the 5m ceiling can be crushed.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*raises hand*
I don't think it's at all safe to bet that Monster Hunter Rise will be the most successful third party game of all time(or an extremely close second)

Had it released a year later, I'd agree but this launch timing is perfect for it. Everything lines up for another Animal Crossing/Momotaro storm.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm team 5m Rise. That's lifetime though, after all the best reprints, ME and whatever. 9-10m global on Switch alone. With PC it has the potential to actually match World.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Is that actually a question ? Kinda thought this was expected...its the only MH game for the strongest and healthy plattform.
Capcom will do whatever necessary for it to have long legs - we will get the Stories 2 tie in and probably a update to make it run/look better on a Pro later this year.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
MHR will even do ACNH numbers if somehow Japan got into worse situation during its launch with celebrities all unable to work and are stuck at home playing and tweeting about the game just like during ACNH launch.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
I think MHR will sell 5mil in Japan and 7mil ww, so 12mil in total.

NSW only?? Cuz with pc it would beat MHW imo

See folks the trick is joining Team 2021 only making jokes until you eventually will it into reality and say you were a day one believer.

If it would become an evergreen even if only 2021 that would be scary

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like lately Switch just inherently has at least one title selling way more than it has any business selling. ACNH then Momotaro, I think MHR can take up that mantle next.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Human fall flat could be a million seller? How many games are million sellers in japan. I think low key it could be 20 games by end of March

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
If snap sells a million, it will have very little to do with the game itself, and much more with the strenght of the system it releases on, the popularity of the pokemon franchise on the system it releases on(since both the mainline game and snap will be on the same system).

Are there people who don't think it'll reach 5M? Seems like a safe bet to me.
5M in japan will be though, but i believe in the power of Khezu.

is team2021 serious or a meme

I can't tell
BOTH
Memes are Serious business.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
I think this is the first time Team2020 vs Team2021 is becoming a serious thing. Even if the latter is still most likely not gonna happen. We will remain positive and overcome ACNH!!!!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the good momentum of the Switch will help Disgaea 6, even if the impact would be small, it's better than nothing.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Nothing is touching or approaching ACNH numbers.

Just like nothing is touching Pokemon RGB numbers, until something received an unprecedented free advertising to the game that is essentially worth beyond several hundred million dollars going by the vast number of celebrities who keep tweeting about it during the stay-at-home period.

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
With numbers like these and the mass-conversion to Team2021 that's happening in here, I think it's time to come up with a T-Bonesque hot-take of my own. Namely: Sony's decision to go with a traditional stationary console experience for the PS5 will come to be seen in the same way we look back at Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges with the N64. Not in only in Asia but worldwide as well.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
is team2021 serious or a meme

I can't tell
Eh it's definitely possible. We don't know much about the upcoming revision, or the lineup for the year, and there still hasn't been a price drop.

Software is already looking incredible compelling. Rumors of a revision are pretty promising. That leaves a price drop as a wildcard.

IMO if we get a pro revision, as well as a price drop on the OG and Lite, and the software isn't anemic like last year then we will see 2021 come out ahead. If only two of those happen, it's a coin toss. If one happens then 2021 loses.

Djehuty

Sep 2, 2020
With numbers like these and the mass-conversion to Team2021 that's happening in here, I think it's time to come up with a T-Bonesque hot-take of my own. Namely: Sony's decision to go with a traditional stationary console experience for the PS5 will come to be seen in the same way we look back at Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges with the N64. Not in only in Asia but worldwide as well.
Im going to agree here, I've always been the optimist that hopes for growth gen on gen but I don't think there will be any growth from the ps5. but i don't think a hybrid console is necessary now, I just think it's the future of gaming so and that it will be in the future. especially not in Japan, i'm predicting it won't recover and that it will have flash in the pan 100ks once stock is their before going back to 10-4k baseline

seriously i try to play my PC now but i end up playing my switch cause I can play it anywhere, and since i don't have a lifestyle that can fit consoles into it i probably won't end up getting them, but this is all anecdotal so im not going to use it as what the general public is feeling.

my lifetime prediction for ps5 for will be 107 million.

Oct 27, 2017
there was always a chance, even the people who predict 4.5mil to 5.5mil shouldn't have counted it as impossible.

If I can describe 2021 in one single word basically it would be RISE
honestly even if 2021 doesnt outsell 2020 . If it gets in any spitting distance of being near 2020 id say thats a great hold for Switch sales and id be satisfied with that

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
honestly even if 2021 doesnt outsell 2020 . If it gets in any spitting distance of being near 2020 id say thats a great hold for Switch sales and id be satisfied with that

very true. Worse case scenario for japan is this now

2021: 4.5mil
2022: 2.5mil
2023: 1.5mil (new console launch)
2024: 0.5mil

26.5mil, that's only if apocalypse comes lmao