• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Tales of Arise is back in stock at Amazon. The supply problem it had there is over, if it ever existed.
Tsukihime Switch right now

missinout-missing.gif

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
September 19 and September 23 are national holidays but no 5 days break like last year this time. Next Silver week is in 2026.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the positive wom will help push Arise a little in Japan.

Zesteria really tanked the series on top of declining Playstation software.

Oct 26, 2017
not what I mean. WoM got affected because of one of the advertised female characters wasn't the lead or something

I read it waifu lovers won't complain with Arise, so legs/sales won't suffer in Japan like they did with Zesteria.

But that's just my interpretation as a non native English speaker.

They're referring to the controversy ToZ had regarding the marketing of a character they sold DLC for and treated like trash in the game.

It's not really a waifu thing.

No, you misread it. Tales of Zestiria suffered from outcry because Alisha is replaced with Rose and then her story(?? Legit can't remember) is sold as DLC. People were pissed because she was marketed as the main heroine.
Ahh got it. Thanks.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Tsukihime for Switch was restocked today but it didn't last long at many retailers.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't follow Japanese sales but I'm way too invested in Tales of Arise to ignore this thread. I really want it to do well everywhere.

Besides sales, does anyone know if Japanese players are enjoying Arise, like their western counterparts? I see it being sold out as a good starting point at least lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't follow Japanese sales but I'm way too invested in Tales of Arise to ignore this thread. I really want it to do well everywhere.

Besides sales, does anyone know if Japanese players are enjoying Arise, like their western counterparts? I see it being sold out as a good starting point at least lol.
doesn't seem to be sold out anywhere except Amazon

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Yeah and as you can see from their trackers, it's not sold out. Game doesn't seem to have any supply problems.

No one said it's having those, just said it's selling out fast at amazon jp (already the 3rd time in 1 week) every time new stock comes in. It's a sign sales aren't slowing down as of yet.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
No one said it's having those, just said it's selling out fast at amazon jp (already the 3rd time in 1 week) every time new stock comes in. It's a sign sales aren't slowing down as of yet.
I'd take being below ring fit, even when in stock as that not really being that true. PS5 version is already slipping.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The rankings and Amazon don't really tell us much. The game clearly doesn't have stock issues and it was obviously going to top rankings whether sales were good or bad.

It's obviously going to be the top selling game of the week, but I don't think there's much more to read into it.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare might be a little underestimated now that there's almost full picture for its early performance, it will open comfortably over 50k at retail and lifetime shipments should exceed half million without problem.

Like most Nintendo titles that belong to the family friendly/multiplayer category it didn't start moving until close to its release and there couldn't be safe estimates for its bottom or ceiling.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like we are in for a great turnaround on the WarioWare series. "Get It Together" will be the series' best selling entry in 15 years since "Smooth Moves" on the Wii.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
Wario and MPS becoming evergreens, when will it stop? The charts already have 11 games that won't leave the top 30, with 5-7 games swimming just above/below the 30th spot (DQ/NSMBU/etc)

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
WarioWare might be a little underestimated now that there's almost full picture for its early performance, it will open comfortably over 50k at retail and lifetime shipments should exceed half million without problem.

Like most Nintendo titles that belong to the family friendly/multiplayer category it didn't start moving until close to its release and there couldn't be safe estimates for its bottom or ceiling.
Couple of past Warioware (and the first Wario Lan) sell-in in Japan:
GameSystemPublisherOriginal PublisherSalesUpdated as
Wario LandGBNintendoNintendo
1,59​
December 2006
WarioWare: Touched!DSNintendoNintendo
1,26​
December 2018
WarioWare: Smooth MovesWiiNintendoNintendo
0,72​
March 2007

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
12 Evergreens, GBG is yet to be seen if it'll stay for a long time on the list, with WarioWare coming up maybe it can become another one.

Clubhouse Gaming
Momotaro
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
ACNH
Minecraft
SSBU
Ring Fit Adventure
Pokémon SwSh
Super Mario Party
Splatoon 2
BotW
SM3DW

Question, which of the evergreens seen above will leave the top 30 first? BotW almost hit it a few times but it could be Super Mario Party if MPS overtakes it completely

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
What constitutes evergreen? Does DQ XI, which regularly shows up at the bottom of the charts, not count? What about stuff like SMO and Mario Maker that probably are hanging right off the chart selling 1k copies a month for the whole year?

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

It's gonna obviously have a decline in Japan, but seeing how Playstation software has been increasingly declining it should do well enough.

PS4 will do the majority of the lifting and I think sales for the game should be fine enough if the retailers estimate end up true. The west is where the game will likely overperform and Japan is where it will do ok.

Oct 25, 2017
Koei-Tecmo's secret TGS game is indeed Atelier, but not Ryza 3. Atelier Sophie 2 instead. I'm guessing this is getting a Direct reveal.

www.classification.gov.au

ATELIER SOPHIE 2: THE ALCHEMIST OF THE MYSTERIOUS DREAM

The Australian Classification website comprises information for general public and industry about the classification of films, games and publications.
Sophie 2? That's.......... interesting. Guess they won't want to overdo with Ryza.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why people said that the direct had to happen thus week or last week so I figured tgs was starting a y day now, googled it and tgs doesn't even start until the 30th, Nintendo literally has the whole month to show a direct, they can even skip next week if they want

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have 2 weeks left before TGS. Next week has a Japanese holiday and the following one is the days immediately before TGS. Could be why there was some surprise it didnt happen this week.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
That is precisely what the chart specifies. The point of the chart was simply to illustrate what sort of split Tales has seen across various territories over the years.

That is exactly what's this chart is... not doing ?
The Symphonia numbers are combining the GC SKU who got a worldwide release in 2003-2004 (300k Japan 960k worldwide) the PS2 SKU which was Japan only in 2004 (400k) the PS3 compilation remaster in 2013-2014 where it got combined with its sequel (<150k Japan, worldwide ???) , the subsequent Steam port that got offered for free as a preorder bonus for Zestiria in 2015
And the weird cheap SKU where it got combined with Graces F at some point in 2016 2017.

Vesperia is more or less the same, X360 release worldwide in 2008-9 (200k in Japan 400-500 outside Japan), Japan only PS3 SKU (500k) and the latest remaster on every possible platform worldwide (which crossed 1M at some point iirc

Like what sense would it make to combine the sales of Super Mario 64 with its digital rerelease on virtual console, it's DS remake and the Super Mario 3d anniversary collection?
Sure it's data, but when you combine everything and are not able to describe what the split is across time for the different SKU there's not many meaningful thing to deduce from that.

In zesteria you had 1 waifu leaving early in the game.. and being sold as some dlc later on or something like that.

I dropped the game so early I didn't even reach that leaving part.

Did anyone even played the game in this topic before posting this and/or approving it?
The DLC was literally free for everyone who bought the game in the first month (so that's 99% of new copies sold) it also didn't add à character into the game but rather an extra epilogue that happened post ending.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I was wondering why people said that the direct had to happen thus week or last week so I figured tgs was starting a y day now, googled it and tgs doesn't even start until the 30th, Nintendo literally has the whole month to show a direct, they can even skip next week if they want

From the moment it wasn't in late August as usual, I suspected it would be timed with the OLED pre-orders. So most likely next week.

Assuming it's already been recorded and everything, all they need is an employee to drop by the office for 2 hours and push the button

That's not how it works. They also need press outlets to cover the stuff announced, so it won't be on the 23rd. Besides, companies almost never announce anything when everyone has the day off.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
A direct isn't happening during a national holiday in Japan, if it exists the only open day next week is Wednesday.