• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Okay, I read over the mod post. So here a question? What will you do about Morrigan?

McPyVqe.png
unknown.png
Z6Rkfn4.png
unknown.png

Saying "if you post in support of us, you won't get banned" is a pretty big indictment here. And would explain the influx of trolls these last couple of days.
Lol holy shit

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This site has really started becoming a real joke over last few years. Admins really need to clean house...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Way to take everything out of context, but nothing is new.

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

But nah gotta twist it all out of proportion like always.

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I'm done with this shitshow. Enjoy your new Sales site.

this is clown behavior. there's no context where calling people "cunts" for dumping on a shitty moderator is okay, no matter how it's spun. you got caught with your pants down and instead of owning up you lash out, just further proving everyone's points.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
screengrabbing this was prectitable and honestly, pathetic. you people are just proving CVX and Morrigan's point that you can't handle something and literally started a witch hunt.

with this attitude of mobhunting anyone who isn't pro whatever is going on? good luck. go make your own forum or something.

As pathetic as perma-banning someone for a mild Twitter comment questioning why a mod is a mod

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
screengrabbing this was prectitable and honestly, pathetic. you people are just proving CVX and Morrigan's point that you can't handle something and literally started a witch hunt.
Bruno was permabanned for criticising a mod on Twitter. This mod just said much more vile things than anything Bruno did.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

We all moved to era because the promise of better neogaf.
Not some personal playground to kick out community that dont behave.
Go find somewhere else to play is the best you could come up?

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
with this attitude of mobhunting anyone who isn't pro whatever is going on? good luck. go make your own forum or something.

Go back to discord to complain about a thread you had no interest taking a part in from the start you coward

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Someone got permed earlier in this very thread for criticizing that mod.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021

You called people here cunts and even said you were hoping that you could ban a particular person. How is that taking things out of context? Bruno MD was permabanned for way less.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
What remains of the mod team rn trying to find a way out of this

6YZq9hi.gif

While I think is messy to bring off-site drama to get people banned I think is ok when is people coordinating to make the mod team look/feel good after a disaster of this kind

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Participating in an off-site harassment campaign, long history of infractions for trolling, hostility, and racism
Hey Morrigan, wanna explain these posts of yours?

Mod edit: Content remove - offsite harassment campaign

Last edited by a moderator:

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017

You aren't exactly doing a great job building up trust when you discard criticism by simply being extremely condescending.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Maybe a mod shouldn't go and call their community "cunts" and "manbabies", totally out of context, sure. And you wonder about a "mod hate pile". Jfc

faint

Oct 27, 2017
"Thread locked while we review reports."

*3 hours later*

"We have taken action to ensure this behavior will not happen again. We have a zero tolerance policy for this sort of stuff and extend an apology to all those affected."

repeat ad infinitum

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Pretty sure the old site counts as off-site drama, and is therefore warnable/bannable. Past bans about this topic have been consistent from that perspective at least.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017

You have a really high and mighty stance for someone who's had a pretty ugly history that whenever it gets brought up, you manage to dodge any ramifications

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Jesus. What the fuck? What the fuck?? What the fuck was that discord message

What an embarrassment

I don't post much but I would also apreciate a DM to a new place/discord. I always liked reading these threads

Oct 25, 2017
The current admins are the ones who allowed this to happen though, sadly.

AliceAmber B-Dubs ColdSun Delphine ghostcrew Hecht JayC3 Nepenthe Poodlestrike Redcrayon The Woods Transistor Can you all explain this? You people are the admins here. Also why was this thread locked and unlocked right now. Are moderators going rogue?

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Where's the transparency? The communication?
on Discord apparently!

for real like mods don't have to like everyone, not by a long shot. I'm not shocked someone would have their opinions of who needs to be booted from a thread or the site or whatever but not actually have actioned it; tbh I think a bigger issue might be that they can see these discords as a small safe place to blow off steam about it when it obv isn't that and makes posters who already feel wronged feel MUCH MORE wronged

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017

How's that twisted.

I'm a woman I can say it

Ok, I'm out of this.

How was that proving their points?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Momentary thread closure then reopen?

B-Dubs it's probably better you leave the thread open. The community and army of lurkers are doing a better job than your team in bringing the truth of the shameful situation to light.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Are the mods in question going to be truly punished or are they going to just switch to their shared snormy account?

9Eg10Gd.gif

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
if there's anything consistent about the behavior of Era mods, it's whenever they're caught red-handed the only thing they seem capable of doing is throwing a tantrum.

good job, this site is a fuckin joke.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Personally I dont care much about going deep into discord convos. And private chat communities are just naturally going to have these type of discussions pop of. I dont even give a fuck abiut this personally. These are all people. They will fuck up from time to time.

But if moderation is going to ban users for off site comments and some just being totally whatever type comments then its just dumb to play the witchhunt mob card. Lol, practice what you preach. I'm not gonna crucify CVX or Morigan but you're just being silly to ignore this and frame them as victims

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I read over the mod post. So here a question? What will you do about Morrigan?

McPyVqe.png
unknown.png
Z6Rkfn4.png
unknown.png

Saying "if you post in support of us, you won't get banned" is a pretty big indictment here. And would explain the influx of trolls these last couple of days.

I think in light of this that V0ltg deserves to be unbanned.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Then, can you do the bare minimum to explain the situation? It's the least you owe for those messages. If it is a "misunderstanding" as you seem to be implying, then there must be some reason for why things happened and why you responded the way you did in that server. Help us understand you, its the very least that can be done. One other mod is helping us understand their position on the matter, hopefully you as well can explain your situation.
No longer a mod but sure, I always engaged with people willing to talk in good faith.

I watched for days people heap amounts of vitriol towards people I know are good and well-meaning and have worked hard and did their best, often losing sleep over it, only for it to be brushed aside completely, the explanation rejected, the constant demand for his head like this would solve all their problems, nevermind that cvxfreak was one of our few staff members who even had any idea what goes on in these threads. So yeah, I wrote stuff off the cuff in a Discord about people I found excessively childish and pathetic (to be clear this isn't aimed at just random criticism but those going over the top about it, cop comparisons and whatnot). I do that all the time when excessive shitstorms like that happen. I don't care if this upsets you. For the record it never once affected my moderation decisions. People might expect mods to be robots but nope, sorry to disappoint. Off-duty we talk shit sometimes. Shocking, gasp!

Btw I've banned more people from that Discord and routinely yell at them when they troll/platform war/fanboy like idiots, so this is also kind of funny to think I'm "protecting them" by just saying "don't worry, if you say you like us and don't break the rules you're fine". Anyway

Cvxfreak is a good person and describing what he did as a power trip, malicious, etc. is frankly what makes me the most sad about all of this. Sorry dude. You don't deserve it.

Also my notifications are blowing up (I expected it) but I won't be reading, if anyone wants to get in touch they know where to find me.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I've been part of a gaming community where a mod, GM, Admin went rogue and tried their best to nuke, make things very unpleasant for a large group of people. Looks like we have the makings of it here. People do/say stupid things, they should appropriately pay the price for doing so.

Can we get this shit cleaned up please?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017

McPyVqe.png
unknown.png
Z6Rkfn4.png
unknown.png

Just logged on to say I support Morrigan, peace oot.

Status
Not open for further replies.