• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

u6Ktppt.png

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

XppueEG.png

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've read nearly every page of every MC thread over the last few years as I loved the sales and industry discussion that was generated here (sorry never good at predicting so was a reader vs a poster) and I just want to say thank you Chris for all his hard work as it's been a source of much enjoyment for me over the years.

Marco Pïnal

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks Chris for your dedication and hard work during so many years on this Media Create threads. Your insights about Japanese Sales were the only valuable thing that I read on ResetEra.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

u6Ktppt.png

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

XppueEG.png

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.
Wow! So this was orchestrated? Damn that's messed up!

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Holy shit

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
Chris is officially done with ResetERA. He's not coming back.

That's it folks.

Well that's one less thing to look forward for on Thursday mornings (Wednesday before the date change happened) :/. While it may had been small, it had already been a tradition to check the thread every week be when waking up, basically as if checking the morning news. Then during the week continue to see the usual banter and community talks, it was always a good way to relax. For an outsider, it may had looked random and trollish, but for usual posters and lurkers it felt like a family talk, with fights and jokes included. So in a way, thanks to Chris for those times. The times lurking in the thread really helped during hard times, so thank you!

However, I feel he took the right decision. After how he was treated on the way to the 1 day ban, a passive aggresive ban threat from a mod (which after a report wasn't handle), followed by said ban when making a normal sarcastic comment on that, and then that crackdown from the same mod, anyone would just leave. They were actions filled with the utmost of disrespect. An administrator then came to clean up, and it is appreciated, because they clearly wanted to help, but things were already too gone for that to change anything. This paragraph will also surely lead to one of those 3 days ban they have been handing out to anyone who calls out the crackdown on its excessiveness, but I'll take it and consider it an admission of guilt. No user should fear to speak their mind or make a point in a unfair situation like this one. A situation that should hopefully lead the mod team into doing some instrospection, so they can handle things better in the future.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Ah, hm

Well

This isn't a very good look

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Lol surprise

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

well-there-it-is.gif

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Seriously? We lost Chris and a whole community for this?

Holy shit

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Oof.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

This seems extremely serious to me. And do other users expect us to trust this person to moderate future threads?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Chris definately made the right choice to leave.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I've interacted with the guy for more than 15 years, maybe 20,, since the early Gamecube era, this will only hurt the community here and benefit no-one.

I hope Chris reconsiders, we can always leave later and think about how and where in a more organized way if needed I think. But if this situation is making you uncomfortable then by all means godspeed Chris, I'm sure we'll cross our roads again in the future, hopefully in a better environment.

Anyway, this was fucking disappointing.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Why the hell are mods allowed to make fun of members like this

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Thanks for compiling this despite not being part of this particular community and having no chance for any personal gain. The whole situation that started this looked very weird in a vacuum but this gives some context.

Dec 21, 2020

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

no words. none.

I'm actually speechless.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

This is no surprise, the guy literally threw a passive agressive ban threat towards Chris in page 19 (50 posts per page) of this thread. Even after a report, the mod team did nothing:

Let's just say I discourage posters from taking this approach. It never ends well. ;)

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Huh. Well, considering BrunoMD was banned for attacking people off-site you'd think this behaviour would be against the rules of resetera as well right?

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Well in light of those Discord screens I have to take that comment about cvx potentially being a boon in here back. I sure went from zero to eating crow in record time. Just a shitshow all around.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

God damn…

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

WELP

FTLMantis

Oct 28, 2017
What a fucking clown show. I retract my respect for the mod team, or at least that mod. That mod has always struck me as weirdly playstation partizan, which falls in line with his decision to destroy a community that was less (but still quite!) friendly to the PlayStation brand. I'm done with Restera and will request an account deletion. This place can rot in its Sony/MCU cinematic garbage for the rest of eternity for all i care.

Last edited:

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah, this was a hit job. No better than the trolls. There's proof now. I'll get the ban, but they can't play it like the holier than thou attitude.

Apr 26, 2020

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

This is an absolute disgrace. And if they decide things as a team. The whole team needs to get scrubbed, major fuck up by them these past days.

Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Who would have thought huh. Now it makes sense that his "pal" Okabe came here just after he posted.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Bruno MB was banned for "off-site drama" for less and yet people are in here suggesting cvx should mod the threads, lmao.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who regularly participates in these threads, I'm extremely disappointed by the current events that have developed in the Media Create thread. I figured Chris would have left with the way things were ending up. The handling of this community was done with no care and it's sad to see.

Thanks for all the hard work you did for this community Chris. I appreciate all the insight and analysis you provided. Also feel bad for Mazi considering how much of a great poster he was.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Big yikes energy.

As someone who has read the MC thread for about fifteen years (and sometimes responding to it) this is horrible to read. I don't know if Chris will read this, but thanks for all the time and energy you have put into the MC threads and analysis.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Gratuitous attacks on completely unrelated staff, derailment
Seeing how Morrigan is still a mod here despite certain things they posted back on GAF, I highly doubt that cvx will get any kind of retribution.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

wow

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Oh you gotta be kidding me

Status
Not open for further replies.