• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Well...Safe to say I won't be taking part in MC threads anymore. Is there anywhere else sales people could go to discuss sales? Make our own forum perhaps?

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Call it going scorched earth or selfish but I'm glad that he's gone, he got no respect, the whole thing was treated terribly and it'd be ridiculous for him to return as if nothing had happened, stay safe Chris, likewise Bruno and Mazi.

This was after I saw what was posted above, now I'm doubly glad, thanks for the threads over the many years, take care.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Chris and salesera, formerly salesGAF, brought me to the forums. Without his work, I may not be a member here today. Thank you for all your work over the last decade+ Chris!

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

u6Ktppt.png

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

XppueEG.png

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.

This is disgusting. Mods need to answer for this. Especially this guy with the Leon avatar. Whoever he is. Never heard of him before.

Last edited:

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
Nepenthe B-Dubs

After what has been revealed about cvxfreak, the community deserves an explanation, and Chris an official apology from the moderation and administration team. The situation has clearly become one where a moderator hold a personal grudge or annoyance with Chris. The very same mos that the team sent to do the crackdown. I would think that I may be speaking for all now, but we deserve said explanation and direct action from the Administrators' team to deal with this now. And no, a "locking thread while we work it out" does not solve the situation. The SalesERA and Media Create community, and any other in ERA, deserve to be treated with respect and not have their presence here be decided on the whims of a mod's personal bearings. I hope that explanation, apology, AND the REMOVAL of cxvfreak from the moderation team happens soon. Unless the current team is going to let this pass, just like the GAFteam used to do back in those days.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to bemoan the Era mod team's by-now predictable ineptitude at respecting the communities they're meant to be moderating, but...
I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

u6Ktppt.png

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

XppueEG.png

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.
...never mind ineptitude, this was active malice.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really followed since joining ResetEra, but I'll throw my hat in with the members who had come to GAF due to the sales discussion there. Having this level of granular information regarding gaming trends is not something to take for granted.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine losing a person who draws hundreds of click to the forum for this:

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

cvxfreak care to comment?

Am I allow to speculate now? or just stick to sales talk?

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Uhm...well.. that's not Bruno MB!

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following the media create threads since early 2016 on neogaf. its a shame too see Chris leave but this is understandable considering what happened.

Even though I rarely post on this thread, I just want to thank MC threads regulars, and especially Chris for providing the data and great insight.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
What a shit show... extremely disappointing course of action by the mod team, huh? The Media Create thread was the only one I actively checked out. Might be time to say goodbye!

Congratulations to all of those behind this.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Damn these media create threads were one of the original things that brought me to Reset and the old site. This sucks.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The crazy thing is, this is not even the first time a community gets mishandled on this site.

I get the feeling it won't be the last.

Apr 26, 2020
Not only the removal of that specific mod member, but all that were involved in the decision making process or where in the know of this.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
The usual procedure is for the thread to get locked, reaction thread makers to be banned, posts in the constructive criticism to be banned/ignored, and let it blow over like all the other past times something similar happens.

The community should then take that as an admission of guilt by the moderation and administration team.

Shantom

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lurking in these threads for more than a decade, and posting in the PAL threads for as long. Thank you to Chris and Bruno for all the insight they've given and work they've put in over the years.
The actions of the mod team unfortunately don't surprise me after what's happened to other communities on this site.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
The usual procedure is for the thread to get locked, reaction thread makers to be banned, posts in the constructive criticism to be banned/ignored, and let it blow over like all the other past times something similar happens.
I really hope it doesn't get to that, suppression is not constructive and won't help make this site a better place.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Not only the removal of that specific mod member, but all that were involved in the decision making process or where in the know of this.
For what it's worth, there is no evidence to suggest cvxfreak had any kind of help or accomplices, or that it was a collaborated effort. Then again, I don't know that to a 100% certainty, but I currently have no reason to believe otherwise. Just wanna make that clear. This was not meant to be an assault on the mod team, it was meant to shed light on a particular individual being of a questionable compatibility with the Media Create community.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017

u6Ktppt.png

GQRmTN6.png

niQUYBY.png

XppueEG.png

Well this went from an unfortunate turn of event and what I perceived as a misunderstanding to something much sadder. I don't feel particularily good about any of this, to put it mildly.

Fucking discord warriors I swear

Status
Not open for further replies.